Author Topic: Picks 31, 33 & 42. Any ideas?  (Read 24640 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Picks 32, 34 & 43. Any ideas?
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »
I work with Ben Kearns' mum.

14 sides interviewed him at the combine, we weren't one of them.

We have recently made contact though and have shown a little interest. Sydney and Norf are very keen though.

Could well be because we don't have any picks in the range he will go. Sydney and Norf have late picks so need to find some gems late. IMO he's a fair way off but has enough tools to work with as a base and should see him land in the ND rather than rookie.

the claw

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32:59 PM »
yep absolute disgrace thats craig cameron for ya. bet he gives white a 2 yr contract.

Err wrong he didn't

Carry on  ;D
well wonders never cease.

the claw

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
but can we do better with picks after 60?
i could pick 10 players better than white or worthy of giving a go to over white. ive named plenty of them thru the season.
kyle martin tom sundberg sam dwyer jack hannath a ruckman  who shows promise  james boyd like hannath also from centrals. max duffy  myke cook to name a few and they are just state leaguers. we have delisted players and nd picks to chosse from also.

while im prepared to defend the club and players who have had a short stint i cant defend or fathom why supporters continue to support decisions like matt white whos had 7 yr and has failed miserably.  he doesnt even provide good depth  as we have plenty wh o play his role and are better and most of them arent much chop either.

brent moloney imo should have been a target at the expense of white the gulf in performance and talent between these two is enormous. i actually thought white would have been one of the first cut to make room for free agency and trades. id rather two yrs of moloney for nothing than another yr or god forbid more than 1 yr  of what matt white dishes up it simply is not good enough.
he has to be the luckiest player in the comp. better off trying any one than a player with whites skillset and 7 yr performances.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »
Is it possible you underrate white?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
i could pick 10 players better than white or worthy of giving a go to over white. ive named plenty of them thru the season.
kyle martin tom sundberg sam dwyer jack hannath a ruckman  who shows promise  james boyd like hannath also from centrals. max duffy  myke cook to name a few and they are just state leaguers. we have delisted players and nd picks to chosse from also.

while im prepared to defend the club and players who have had a short stint i cant defend or fathom why supporters continue to support decisions like matt white whos had 7 yr and has failed miserably.  he doesnt even provide good depth  as we have plenty wh o play his role and are better and most of them arent much chop either.

brent moloney imo should have been a target at the expense of white the gulf in performance and talent between these two is enormous. i actually thought white would have been one of the first cut to make room for free agency and trades. id rather two yrs of moloney for nothing than another yr or god forbid more than 1 yr  of what matt white dishes up it simply is not good enough.
he has to be the luckiest player in the comp. better off trying any one than a player with whites skillset and 7 yr performances.

yet how many times in the last couple of weeks have you told us that later picks have a very low strike rate and you were happy to trade them away?

either you can get good players with the late picks or you cant. it has nothing to do with how good white is or isn't?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »
Draft late pick potato, stuck with them for 2 years. Keep White on one more year, replace with earlier draft pick.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »
 pretty simple really

the claw

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »

yet how many times in the last couple of weeks have you told us that later picks have a very low strike rate and you were happy to trade them away?

either you can get good players with the late picks or you cant. it has nothing to do with how good white is or isn't?
very low nd and rookie picks used on kids have a very high fail rate. yep ive said that. i stand by it but the whole statement or context of what ive been saying is
 i have  advocated instead of kids with these picks we take mature players.
 preferably state league players with good skillsets and the right physical attributes to play afl who have excelled in their comps.  the players i named are all mature players.they imo would bring more to our club than white that would not be hard to do.
after 7 yrs to be honest id rather give a kid a go in the slim  hope of finding better than white.
its this sort of decision continually carrying players who provide little or nothing that sees us struggle to rise up the ladder.

the claw

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
Is it possible you underrate white?
not likely 7 yrs of mostly the same thing with him and he still cant establish himself. as a small he should have established himself 4 yrs ago.
7yrs and averages just 12 games a yr
a small with an ave of 10 disposals a game unbelievable.
when playing forward hardly kicks a goal  0.5 a game ave.
he has poor skills for a small and his decision making is lousy.  that in itself is unforgivable.
as a forward hes behind every other forward on the list. as a mid he doesnt get a look in.

you tell me if after 7 yrs of exactly the same thing ive underestimated him.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »
At the moment still better than most of the twisted meat puppets that can't break into the side, and probably better than anyone we can get after pick 40

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2012, 09:10:43 PM »
true, and thats a problem.White was probably richmonds best performed player at coburg (and Mr Maggo probably not far behind him) this year. thats why they got another year

we need others can stand up and outperform them at coburg to make them truly redundant. at least they are no longer starting 22 with a full list

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
true, and thats a problem.White was probably richmonds best performed player at coburg (and Mr Maggo probably not far behind him) this year. thats why they got another year

we need others can stand up and outperform them at coburg to make them truly redundant. at least they are no longer starting 22 with a full list

How did Post go for Coburg this year :whistle :whistle

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
did he play?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »

How did Post go for Coburg this year :whistle :whistle

Not as well as the 2 mentioned above.

the claw

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »
At the moment still better than most of the twisted meat puppets that can't break into the side, and probably better than anyone we can get after pick 40
we just went and got edwards a much better performer who plays as a forward. we just went and got knights who plays mid/for a much better player.
you have to ask why keep him. there is no logical reason to keep him not even for depth.

i will say again if we cant find a better player than him even past 40 we should just give up. hes so poor and so redundant id rather we took the punt on a kid with a late pick in an attempt to actually improve the list rather than persevere with a 7 yr known dud who offers nothing.

we could have gone out and got a proven player like moloney and cut this bloke. there are many better performed mature  players running around in state leagues why not see what they can offer but no we keep the 7 yr non performer. its a joke.