Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 288116 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Reply #1650 on: April 30, 2021, 10:42:46 PM »
Perfect time now to make a formal complaint after a win so they can't accuse us of sooking after a loss.

As Fluffy Tiger says, it's the ones they don't pay to us that are the main issue. We get pinged for things the opposition don't. For all our tackling and pressure tonight I can only remember two HTBs paid to us (RCD's in the 1st qtr and then one late in the last qtr deep in our backline)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1651 on: April 30, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »
Absolute dog crap tonight.

Someone got upset with me for calling that lady a cheating *female dog* but I stand by my comment.

Disgusted. The push to Lynch. A handful of HTB ignored. Club should be demanding an independent review.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1652 on: April 30, 2021, 11:20:59 PM »
So inconsistent. Holding the ball is a raffle but not for the oppo

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1653 on: April 30, 2021, 11:55:43 PM »
Win I can complain
that was disgusting
I do not  care about this diversity poo -  Leave the boys sports to the boys that 34 was .....ill leave it there

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1654 on: May 02, 2021, 04:34:54 AM »
Posted by HeraldSun footy journo Sam Landsberger:

Quote from: SamLandsberger
Bevo said last week the adjudication of whether a kick has travelled 10 or 15m depended on the night. Strange call to deny Jeremy Cameron. It was far from a 50-50. Nobody would’ve cried foul if the mark was paid. Geelong’s Zac Bailey moment. Jezza to be the hero against Richmond?
https://twitter.com/SamLandsberger/status/1388470489824206855

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1655 on: May 02, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
Probably justification for the Brisbane game they stole

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1656 on: May 02, 2021, 08:18:30 AM »
Head high infringements were by the wayside imo

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1657 on: May 02, 2021, 02:08:03 PM »
Couldn't buy a htb...counted at least half a dozen clear ones  we weren't awarded and probably another half-dozen again if the same standards were applied to the Scraggers as they were to us... :shh

...and as for that useless diversity hire .."it was the timing" lmao....stuffing Kakistocracy... :thumbsdown
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1658 on: May 02, 2021, 03:45:05 PM »
Perfect time now to make a formal complaint after a win so they can't accuse us of sooking after a loss.

As Fluffy Tiger says, it's the ones they don't pay to us that are the main issue. We get pinged for things the opposition don't. For all our tackling and pressure tonight I can only remember two HTBs paid to us (RCD's in the 1st qtr and then one late in the last qtr deep in our backline)

The failure to ping West for holding the ball was a very poor decision. Blatant free kick.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1659 on: May 02, 2021, 09:03:43 PM »
We got a few our way also. Particularly the female ump who let a lot go in the last qtr which is good to see.

Apart from the Easton Wood one I thought it was not too bad. Pass mark for the 2nd time this year only. Inc VFL.

The first pass was when Kingsley and Chocco umpired the VFL practise game.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1660 on: May 03, 2021, 01:19:36 AM »
Dogs should have had a free at the top of the square when Grimes pretended he was Angus Graham trying to pick up a bar of soap
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1661 on: May 03, 2021, 09:15:57 AM »
Eleni pays some very random free kicks (Bailey Dale unrealistic attempt comes to mind) but at least both sides cop it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1662 on: May 03, 2021, 09:48:34 AM »

Spot on, that was terrible.....
there's a reason we are consistently bottom of the free kick ladder, the umps seriously just feel sorry for the team playing us!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1663 on: May 03, 2021, 12:59:20 PM »
I thought the female ump was the best out of the lot LOL she is right onto things straight away and pays poo the other sly pricks let slide for the other side.  She even paid our tackles, so refreshing.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1664 on: May 03, 2021, 01:31:40 PM »
I thought the female ump was the best out of the lot LOL she is right onto things straight away and pays poo the other sly pricks let slide for the other side.  She even paid our tackles, so refreshing.

Totally agree Owl. Applys the rules and doesn’t second guess player intent which is where Razor drives me nuts.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.