Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428165 times)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1185 on: April 24, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »
Overdue, ready for a blinder!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1186 on: April 25, 2014, 12:45:28 AM »
Another player with promise ruined by Tigeritis.

They look good with great potential but once tigeritis sets in there is no hope for them except maybe getting traded to a successful club like Geelong and after a couple of seasons of detoxing they might be able to cure them and hopeful turn their career around into sustained success ie B. Ottens
You nust have a poo memory.  Ottens was fantastic at Richmond.  He injured his back falling out of a tree leading to foot drop and he was forced to go under the knife and have a microdiscectomy. He was paid by the club at full pay for a year. He wanted a pay increase after being out for that time. The club baulked and Geelong offered him what he wanted and he left.
He never had tigeritis.
Ha ha. It took Geelong at least a full season to get rid of his apathy & lethargy.
At the end his heart wasn't in it at Richmond as he was a shadow of the player he was when he arrived. But that what happens to players at Richmond.
Anyway I don't blame the fellow, he didn't want to be an administrator he wanted to be a 3 time premiership player and who could blame him for wanting to leave a rabble.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1187 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:07 AM »
Does more than most realise.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1188 on: April 25, 2014, 08:08:55 AM »
Another player with promise ruined by Tigeritis.

They look good with great potential but once tigeritis sets in there is no hope for them except maybe getting traded to a successful club like Geelong and after a couple of seasons of detoxing they might be able to cure them and hopeful turn their career around into sustained success ie B. Ottens
You nust have a poo memory.  Ottens was fantastic at Richmond.  He injured his back falling out of a tree leading to foot drop and he was forced to go under the knife and have a microdiscectomy. He was paid by the club at full pay for a year. He wanted a pay increase after being out for that time. The club baulked and Geelong offered him what he wanted and he left.
He never had tigeritis.
Ha ha. It took Geelong at least a full season to get rid of his apathy & lethargy.
At the end his heart wasn't in it at Richmond as he was a shadow of the player he was when he arrived. But that what happens to players at Richmond.
Anyway I don't blame the fellow, he didn't want to be an administrator he wanted to be a 3 time premiership player and who could blame him for wanting to leave a rabble.
actually, it took him 2 seasons + to get over back surgery, but don't let small things like the truth get in the way......

agree though, you cant blame him for wanting out.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #1189 on: April 25, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »

yep  :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1190 on: April 25, 2014, 07:13:18 PM »
Heppell won more Anzac medals

the claw

« Reply #1191 on: April 25, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
he probably does but the heppell comparison is always thrown up and what hes done gets lost to a degree.
me im happy to leave heppell out of it but when people readily put the boots into heppell and talk conca up i reckon some balance is required.
its like people want their cake and eat it too.
if heppell has been shiizen so too has conca. i dont get why we as supporters have to put down a better performed player when comparing them for no other reason than they are from another club. we cant have it both ways.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1192 on: April 25, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
The reality of where both players are at is a lot more boring than most care to say.
Heppel has been pretty good player though overrated by a lot of the Melbourne media as the next coming of Pendlebury.
Conca has flown under the radar but is nowhere near as bad as some make out. He too is trekking pretty well.

Conca B-
Heppell B

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1193 on: April 25, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »

yep  :thumbsup

Exactly I can't understand some if the vitriol given the teams poor results.
Has played some decent footy for us this year and since he got drafted.
Would want more Conca's than Titch Edwards thats for sure.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1194 on: April 26, 2014, 12:04:19 AM »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1195 on: April 26, 2014, 08:38:12 AM »
The reality of where both players are at is a lot more boring than most care to say.
Heppel has been pretty good player though overrated by a lot of the Melbourne media as the next coming of Pendlebury.
Conca has flown under the radar but is nowhere near as bad as some make out. He too is trekking pretty well.

Conca B-
Heppell B
Well that's one opinion anyway....
Code for not being very good- "flown under the radar"
If Conca is a B- then Heppell is an A grader.
The only player that is overrated in this is Reece Conca. He is a poohouse kick, fumbles more than Mumbles the clown and panics more with the footy in hand than most want to admit.
Conca is by no means our worst player but for a pick 6 he is a massive disappointment.
I don't dislike Conca but reality has to step in occasionally and it's telling me he will be an average player at best that seems to be a good team man and a well like kid by all but just not very good.
Anyway that's my opinion and I'm happy to stand by it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1196 on: April 26, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »

Conca B-
Heppell B
The only player that is overrated in this is Reece Conca. He is a poohouse kick, fumbles more than Mumbles the clown and panics more with the footy in hand than most want to admit.
Conca is by no means our worst player but for a pick 6 he is a massive disappointment.
I don't dislike Conca but reality has to step in occasionally and it's telling me he will be an average player at best that seems to be a good team man and a well like kid by all but just not very good.
I agree. I too expected more.
But he may be already infected by the disease so it may not be his fault.
Poor bastard.
The club that keeps giving.

1980 I Was There

« Reply #1197 on: April 26, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »

Conca B-
Heppell B
I agree. I too expected more.
But he may be already infected by the disease so it may not be his fault.
Poor bastard.
Yeah I agree too and hope we really see what he can do, which is, what I believe to be much better than average.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1198 on: April 26, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »
Used pick 6 on a pick 36 standard player.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1199 on: April 26, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »
Used pick 6 on a pick 36 standard player.
The guy has not had a full preseason yet!
Reserve your harsh judgement till that has been completed please.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.