Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466708 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #360 on: May 23, 2010, 12:15:48 PM »
Great game from Jack, again, he is getting better every week and IMO with a key forward next to him he will be a star. I would love to have picked up Bradshaw for a couple of years to play along side him but anyway.

Jack lazy...pfft!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: May 23, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »
Great game from Jack, again, he is getting better every week and IMO with a key forward next to him he will be a star. I would love to have picked up Bradshaw for a couple of years to play along side him but anyway.

Jack lazy...pfft!!!
He got injured again on the weekend
Will be lucky to be fit for 2 of his 3 year $600k per season deal

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #362 on: May 23, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »
Despite criticisms about Jack I still find him a breath of fresh air.
Two games in a row against the Bombers where he has kicked 6 and chasing and tackling and running up the ground all the stuff a modern forward is supposed to do.

As much as I loved Richo when he was playing I cannot remember him getting a holding the ball whereas Jack in that department has now added Dustin Fletcher to his scalp.

One criticism I will say is this if he is inside the 50 he MUST take the responsibility himself and take the shot rather than be unselfish and pass it off which more often than not comes undone. When he gave it off last night we were in the middle of a late first quarter comeback and another goal would have been very handy at that point considering we kicked the first two of the second and reduced the margin to 15/ A single digit margin after being 40 points down reads much better.

Could it be a coincidence also that Morton is at Coburg also?

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2010, 01:54:46 PM »
Jack is a very good player. He has been a bright light in a poor season. Look forward to the day when Griffiths and Astbury develop to help Jack

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2010, 05:51:47 PM »
Riewoldt unfazed by external jibes
richmondfc.com.au
By Matt Burgan
Sun 23 May, 2010

RICHMOND young gun Jack Riewoldt says the only criticism that matters to him comes from the Tigers' inner sanctum, following his six-goal haul against Essendon on Saturday night.

Riewoldt, who equalled his career-best effort against Essendon at the MCG, has now kicked 25 goals for the season, including 10.2 in the past fortnight.

However, his errant kicking for goal earlier in the season attracted some external criticism as the Tigers struggled to put a score on the board.

But Riewoldt's work-rate, with limited tall support in Richmond's attack, has been a highlight of the 21-year-old's performances in 2010.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick likened him to Hawthorn duo Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead at the same age after the Dreamtime at the 'G clash and he was among the Tigers' best in their 35-point loss.

"The only people I'm really fussed about their opinion is the coaching staff and my teammates and outside criticism is not going to fuss me too much," he told richmondfc.com.au post-match.

"We've got a couple of young guys who are going to be good key forwards for us - Ben Griffiths, when he starts playing and Dave Astbury, who played tonight."

While his display in attack was a genuine highlight on Saturday night, Riewoldt played down his effort and said it mattered little when his side was not winning.

"I'm just trying to step up and play my role for the team every week and at the moment we haven't got enough players that are playing to the standard of their own roles," he said.

"It's going to come with a lot of young guys still playing and they're going to develop and along with that, we're going to develop as a side and develop our game-plan as well.

"We've just got to stick tight and fans have got to stick tight, because we know where we're going and we've got a goal and it's going to happen."

Still, Riewoldt said he was now starting to feel as though he belonged at the top level.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better and more adapt to the game and enjoying it," he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94849/default.aspx

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2010, 07:34:15 PM »
jack is progressing ahead of schedule to his destiny

being a genuine A grade KP forward

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #366 on: May 24, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »
Some on here are very quiet this week.

Has kicked 10.2 in the last 2 weeks.

Wait for some form drop and the vampire bats will be back.

Thanks for shutting the muppets up for a few days Jack. Super game.

Go Tigers!

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: May 24, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »

I admit i though Jack wasent that crash hot but i have been gladly proven wrong  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:38 PM »

:clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #369 on: May 29, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
Make that 14 goals in the past three games and Jack is now sitting 5th in the Coleman on a total of 29 goals just five goals behind Fev. A fair effort in a side that's 1-9. I'm not saying Jack can win the Coleman but it just shows how much Jack has come on in his 4th year in the AFL. On target for a 60 goal season if he can keep this form up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »
peaky just said on gladiators of sport n sen, that jack is in AA form as a key fwd, and he could also be AA as a small fws also

i agree :clapping :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
Breakout year for him thus far. If he can maintain his consistency and kick 60 goals in a lowly side that will be an outstanding achievement.

Integral part of our side now and will be even more important once Astbury and Griffiths find consistency and cement their spots.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
Emerging Superstar....3 great games in a row.
Unleash the tornado

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2010, 07:00:11 AM »
Just gotta luv a 21 yo forward making his way despite all the chicken littles

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »
Make that 14 goals in the past three games and Jack is now sitting 5th in the Coleman on a total of 29 goals just five goals behind Fev. A fair effort in a side that's 1-9. I'm not saying Jack can win the Coleman but it just shows how much Jack has come on in his 4th year in the AFL. On target for a 60 goal season if he can keep this form up.

If he kicks 50 goals + and continues to contribute defensively he will have made a huge step forward. We really need McGuane & Thursty to step up as key backs to provide 3 key position players who can lead our talks at both ends.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”