Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466691 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2400 on: August 10, 2013, 07:51:25 PM »
Unselfish Jack

We hope for Jack Riewoldt's sake the Coleman Medal isn't decided by a single goal this year. The star Tiger has been lauded for his unselfish play this season, but he may have taken it a step too far on Saturday. After marking on the edge of the goalsquare in the first quarter, Riewoldt played on under pressure and handballed to teammate Luke McGuane, who streamed into an open goal. With 54 goals for the season, only five behind Eagle Josh Kennedy and Hawthorn's Jarryd Roughead, Riewoldt remains firmly in the mix for his third Coleman Medal. His only goal, a brilliant set shot on the boundary, came deep in the final quarter, but the star Tiger contributed 11 score involvements. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-10/talking-points-tigers-v-lions   

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2401 on: August 10, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »
Shoulda kicked a few at least. Confidence is down.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2402 on: August 10, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
Who gives a stuff about the coleman?

Most of the time it's a consolation prize for the also rans.

No problem at all with jacvk dishing off goals, actually thats what you want.
his set shot kicking is a concern though. every one he missed faded to the right, so its a technical issue.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2403 on: August 11, 2013, 03:13:10 AM »
Jack's weakness is he struggles to kick accurately beyond 35-40m. Yesterday he (like a number of his teammates) would get too close to the man on the mark trying to reduce the distance of the set shot. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2404 on: August 11, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »
Jack's weakness is he struggles to kick accurately beyond 35-40m. Yesterday he (like a number of his teammates) would get too close to the man on the mark trying to reduce the distance of the set shot.

Form the idiot-box view, MT, it looked like Jack was laying back on the kicks and not following through.  He seemed to be fading them to the right a lot more than usual.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2405 on: August 11, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
but he may have taken it a step too far on Saturday. After marking on the edge of the goalsquare in the first quarter, Riewoldt played on under pressure and handballed to teammate Luke McGuane, who streamed into an open goal.

This makes no sense to me. How is handballing off to a player in a better position who went into an open goal taking it too far?

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #2406 on: August 11, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
Shoulda kicked a few at least. Confidence is down.

Did anyone else think Jack looked tired yesterday? Didn't chase at times!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2407 on: August 13, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
Coming up after the ad break.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2408 on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
Jack Riewoldt says it would be great to see Jeremy Cameron win the Coleman Medal this season

By Bruce Matthews
    August 13, 2013 11:45AM

COLEMAN Medalist Jack Riewoldt has nominated an exciting, emerging talent as his preference to win the goalkicking award this season.

Riewoldt reckons it would be great for GWS Giants' young gun Jeremy Cameron to top the AFL goalkicking list while he concentrates on more important issues in September.

"I'd like to see Jeremy Cameron win the Coleman this year. He's probably my favourite player at the moment in the competition,'' Riewoldt said on Tuesday.

"The first time I won it in 2010, obviously, it was a great honour. And I think it would do wonders for his career if he could possibly pinch it this year and All-Australian (selection) would set himself up because he's going to be a great player in the future.''

Riewoldt said he "well and truly know where I'm sitting'', six goals behind leader, West Coast's Josh Kennedy. But he's not banking on a third medal, particularly as he's often playing a different forward role in coach Damien Hardwick's weekly game plan.

"I've got a couple, I don't need any more. I'd rather have an impact and whatever I can do for us to get over the line. It's not about individual awards, it's about the four (premiership) points at the end of the day. And at the moment we're getting it done and playing pretty good footy,'' the Tiger forward said.

"It (role) definitely has changed. The last two weeks I've probably gone back to playing a little bit closer to goal. I've been playing a little bit further up the ground and it (role) definitely changes in games as well. It's whatever Damien wants me to do and what's the best fit for that time of the game or that week.''

Riewoldt would love to hit the scoreboard against Carlton at the MCG on Saturday after being goalless in the opening round win against the Blues. But he said his single contribution against Brisbane last round proved his point about the necessary forward flexibility this season.

"We've been confident where we've been going since Damien got here in 2010. But this year definitely we've been very confident of where we want to be and how we want to perform,'' he said.

"It's obviously good to know that we will be playing in September. We haven't set a ceiling on where we want to finish or anything like that. So, we won't be happy until round 23 and we know where we finish (on the ladder) and who we play in that first week of the finals.

"There's definitely a bit of a buzz around the group because there's a lot of guys here who haven't played finals. We want to finish as high as possible and get on a good roll going into September.

"We knocked Fremantle off and Hawthorn and I think we can be a real contender in September, but we still need to focus on the small things, the game plan.

"This week against Carlton is a huge game for us. Arch rivals and they showed in round 1 that they're never out of the game. We were 36 points up at three-quarter time and they came back and we only just pipped them by a goal, so we know they'll be hurting after a loss at the weekend against the Doggies and they'll come out firing.''

A reasonable run with long-term injuries has buoyed the group for a deep run in September.

"We'll look to get Dylan Grimes back possibly this week or maybe next week, Jake King is going to be touch and go (this round), Shane Edwards was a late withdrawal last week with a bit of hamstring tightness and he'll be pushing to play this week,'' Riewoldt said.

"At the moment our list is in pretty good nick. Obviously, there's Chris Knights who has been out for the year, but, touch wood, we can continue to have a pretty free run of injuries.''

Coleman Medal contenters
60 Josh Kennedy (WCE)
59 Jarryd Roughead (HAW)
58 Jeremy Cameron (GWS)
55 Travis Cloke (COL)
54 Jack Riewoldt (RIC)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jack-riewoldt-says-it-would-be-great-to-see-jeremy-cameron-win-the-coleman-medal-this-season/story-fndv8t7m-1226696228164

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2409 on: August 14, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »
I would like Twinkle Toes Kennedy to win it just so it brings a smile to every Carlton supporter

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2410 on: August 14, 2013, 12:02:52 PM »
I would like Twinkle Toes Kennedy to win it just so it brings a smile to every Carlton supporter

I would have fun at work.

:lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2411 on: August 14, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »
Come on twinkletoes.  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #2412 on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »

Hey teacher leave the kids alone

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2413 on: August 14, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »

Hey teacher leave the kids alone

dwaino

« Reply #2414 on: August 14, 2013, 12:52:44 PM »