Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465741 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2880 on: February 28, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
Jack has always been a champion.

He is hungry for a Premiership and that is all he cares about!

Always has been a leader!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2881 on: February 28, 2016, 02:41:50 PM »
sheesh hes 21 shown plenty every yr. has only just matured physically with still a bit more size to add.hes regularly double teamed and there is no other help in the forward line or structure.

people say hes lazy but i just dont see it.if anyone has cause to drop his bundle each week it would be jack, again i just dont see it.
people dont realise just how good a player he is. hes done more than enough in his first 3 yrs.
hes one of very few who you could pencil in as a definate projecting 3 or 4 yrs down the track.

Good post  :clapping

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2882 on: February 28, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »
cause you edited the bit out him never being a key forward under the clawski vision

destined to be a 3rd forward
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

1980 I Was There

« Reply #2883 on: February 28, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »
sheesh hes 21 shown plenty every yr. has only just matured physically with still a bit more size to add.hes regularly double teamed and there is no other help in the forward line or structure.

people say hes lazy but i just dont see it.if anyone has cause to drop his bundle each week it would be jack, again i just dont see it.
people dont realise just how good a player he is. hes done more than enough in his first 3 yrs.
hes one of very few who you could pencil in as a definate projecting 3 or 4 yrs down the track.

Good post  :clapping
Yep gr8 post.
FFS he is awesome in all that he does and awesome to watch, even my 6 year old son has vision of him winning a flag.
Go JACK  :clapping

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2884 on: February 29, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
Have been wanting him to captain the side for a while, with Rance as vice.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2885 on: February 29, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »
Have been wanting him to captain the side for a while, with Rance as vice.

Yes please !!!
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2886 on: February 29, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
You could make a pretty sound argument rance should be captian

At the end of the day it's a bollocks title

Hodge was still the leader when Mitchell was captiAn.  You don't need the official role to lead 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2887 on: February 29, 2016, 01:53:36 PM »
Bum delist asap  :snidegrin

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2888 on: February 29, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »

Hodge was still the leader when Mitchell was captiAn.  You don't need the official role to lead 

I think it's great when your players act like leaders when they're not captains or vices or in the leadership group at all, yes definitely that lifts a side. You don't have to be captain to lead.

But it doesn't go both ways - you can't have a captain who doesn't lead when the heat is on, and it brings the side down when they fall short. Cotchin is a great footballer but probably would be better off without the captaincy IMO.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2889 on: February 29, 2016, 05:34:44 PM »

I think it's great when your players act like leaders when they're not captains or vices or in the leadership group at all, yes definitely that lifts a side. You don't have to be captain to lead.

But it doesn't go both ways - you can't have a captain who doesn't lead when the heat is on, and it brings the side down when they fall short. Cotchin is a great footballer but probably would be better off without the captaincy IMO.

But he has lifted when the heat is on and one of those was an EF which is more than can be said for 75% of his team mates

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2890 on: February 29, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »

Got 22 kicks in a EF

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2891 on: March 01, 2016, 04:54:04 PM »
Cotch on Ch 9 news the other day praising Jack:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-02-29/cotchins-praise-for-jack

“He’s growing as a player, he’s growing as a person, and he’s growing as a leader. That’s what we love about Jack. He’s continually getting better. The challenge is for all of us to play the way he does consistently. You see some of his antics on-field, and people question him every now and then.  But, deep down, it comes back to the love he has for our football club.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-01/captain-cotchin-commends-jack

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2892 on: March 01, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

Got 22 kicks in a EF

Is 22 better than 9? Probably
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2893 on: March 01, 2016, 05:02:33 PM »

Got 22 kicks in a EF

Is 22 better than 9? Probably
Robert Klomp won a tv set in 1981 for being BOG and he only had 9 possessions! :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2894 on: March 06, 2016, 09:39:11 PM »
Riewoldt has not trimmed down ahead of the 2016 season like other forwards, including his cousin Nick at St Kilda, but he was prepared for a season of extended running because of reduced rotations.   

He made a brilliant start to his NAB Challenge campaign against Hawthorn last weekend with 10 marks and 17 possessions and will play in the club's final pre-season game against Port Adelaide on Friday night at Etihad Stadium.

"I know that I've got a really big job to do this year for the football club to improve again and get to where we want to go," he said.

Source: AFL website