Author Topic: Stopping the boats  (Read 65832 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Stopping the boats
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2012, 04:51:26 AM »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2012, 04:58:02 AM »
The off-shore processing legislation has passed both houses.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/offshore-asylum-laws-through-parliament/story-fndo48ca-1226451444495

:veryhappy

Hopefully now people will stop dying trying to get to Oz on leaky boats.

And it will put this issue to bed.

No carbon tax disaster and no more boats, people might actually start looking at Tony Abbott.

:thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/offshore-asylum-laws-through-parliament/story-fndo48ca-1226451444495

No carbon tax disaster and no more boats, people might actually start looking at Tony Abbott.

You dont honestly believe that Gillard has any chance at the next election. She's no hope. I know Labor Party members who have been members of the party for years who are gonna vote for Abbott. Gillards the worst Prime Minister in Australian history.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
....not for long
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

You dont honestly believe that Gillard has any chance at the next election. She's no hope. I know Labor Party members who have been members of the party for years who are gonna vote for Abbott. Gillards the worst Prime Minister in Australian history.

All about minimising the damage.

You lot deserve Abbott.

I will bring this thread back to life once Abbott shows his true colours.

I still can't understand how intelligent people are sucked in by his BS.

:cheers

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2012, 08:40:22 AM »
Stop the boats

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »

Forget the boat people what are we going to do about the bloody Kiwis?

:lol

54,000 refugees, no questions asked

August 22, 2012

AUSTRALIA is facing a flood of economic refugees. But the big numbers aren't from the north, they are from the across the Tasman where Statistics New Zealand yesterday announced the biggest exodus to Australia on record.

An extraordinary 53,900 New Zealanders moved to Australia in the year to July - around the entire population of New Plymouth, New Zealand's 11th biggest city.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/54000-refugees-no-questions-asked-20120821-24kpb.html#ixzz24E423NH0

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:51 AM »
We won't help Abbott turn back boats: Indonesia

Date June 1, 2013  David Wroe

Indonesia has said in its clearest terms yet that it would not work with a future Abbott government on the Coalition's vow to turn back asylum-seeker boats.

The country's ambassador to Australia, Nadjib Riphat Kesoema, said in Canberra on Friday that, as a transit country, Indonesia was also ''a victim of the situation'' and would probably not collaborate with the Coalition on such an approach.

''So I think it's not possible for the Coalition to say that it [the flow of boats] has to go … back to Indonesia, because Indonesia is not the origin country of these people,'' he said.

''We don't know the situation ahead of us right now but I think … no such collaboration will happen between Indonesia and Australia … I don't think that it will happen.''

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has steadfastly maintained that a key plank of his asylum-seeker policy would be to have the navy turn back boats when it is safe to do so.

Present and former navy officers have warned that such an approach could be dangerous because asylum seekers might try to scuttle the boats on which they were travelling. And Indonesian officials have also consistently taken a dim view of the proposal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/we-wont-help-abbott-turn-back-boats-indonesia-20130531-2nhgx.html#ixzz2UtnhJntR

Rampstar

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2013, 08:57:23 AM »

All about minimising the damage.

You lot deserve Abbott.

I will bring this thread back to life once Abbott shows his true colours.

I still can't understand how intelligent people are sucked in by his BS.

No one likes Gillard. She just irritates people. Too many mistakes and too many fiascos by her government. The last 6 months have been better ie. DisabilityCare but overall her government is a failure and her Prime Ministership has been farcical.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »

No one likes Gillard. She just irritates people. Too many mistakes and too many fiascos by her government. The last 6 months have been better ie. DisabilityCare but overall her government is a failure and her Prime Ministership has been farcical.

How about the NBN?

Gigantor

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2013, 09:59:48 AM »
meet the new boss same as the old boss

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »
NBN yeah great idea that. Wasting billions of dollars feeding into homes that don't need it.

The latest thing with gambling has been one of the the best things she has done, forcing flogs like Waterhouse to pipe down with his in ur face advertising.

Waterhouse says "I listened to the people" absolute BS it was because of Gillards government that  forced him into culling his TV crap.

Good on her but sadly for her it's too little too late.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
NBN yeah great idea that. Wasting billions of dollars feeding into homes that don't need it.

a report just released by cisco expects australia's usage to be 755 Petabytes (1048576 gb) per month by 2017 . the biggest forecast increase is in video usage, but not so much homes downloading movies. Health, education and security are expected to see the bulk of this increase. there is so much more to internet usage than pirating movies and slagging off on interweb forums.

The NBN will future proof Australia's communication network - at this point in time we cant send enough data to reach fiber optics limit. It's not so much about speed, but bandwidth. Mr Rabbit himself admitted, actually he complained  :huh, it would be 50 years before the NBN reached capacity. Theres a good chance it may even be longer, as no one is really sure what the limits are.

The coalition on the other hand want to spend millions building the equivalent of the old South Eastern - Mulgrave freeways, and like that debacle, it will ultimately cost more to fix the bottlenecks than the original project, much more.

That is the serious waste of money. In all honesty, they would be much better doing nothing than spending millions on a half arsed job.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
Well said Al

Rampstar

« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2013, 11:15:25 AM »
Australia cant afford it. Gillard and her mates have left us in mire of national debt. Its a disgrace. We are $350 Billion down the crapier because of them and facing enormous budget deficits well into the future. They peeed the biggest commodity boom in the history down the dunny. Absolutely shameful.