Author Topic: NAB Challenge 2 v Hawthorn in Shepparton this Friday night  (Read 16412 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: NAB Challenge 2 v Hawthorn in Shepparton this Friday night
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »
Slick Willy, when you back in Oz?
Heard a rumour you were the latest mod on Y&Beige?  :shh

ohh behave!   :santa

I must complement your good self and dubstep dookie on your tremendous display pics.  :thumbsup

;D

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
Be careful if in Dean Street! It gets a bit willing....

So I have heard  ;D

We are heading more towards Tallangatta actually but we might have dinner back in Albury
Ah good old Tallangatta- the town that moved! I actually went to school up in Corryong! Nice area! There is a Thai restaurant down the end of Dean street near Country Comfort if looking for a place!

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
I went to the game too but saw Nahas a little differently to some. I agree he goes to ground way to much but what i will say from last nights game is that he was front and centre more than any other small/medium forward we had. He gets to the rights spots, gets his hands on the footy but lets himself down with trying to do to much or misses those goals that's small forwards are suppose to kick, i can see why the coaches go with him though.

TV was very impressive in my eyes, he lead well, took some good clunks and just looked like when he went for the footy, he was every chance of getting it. They say a weeks a long time in footy but in 1 week i have seen enough in TV to say he should be there come round 1.

Cotch and Martin were good (even Martins first half i thought was good)

Batchalar was good too and uses the ball well when gets it.

For me the biggest thing to come out of last nights game was that if we are to get anywhere in the not to distant future we need to replace(a nice way of saying get rid of) Jackson and Tuck. Footy has changed enough in the last few years to tell us that as a side you can carry a couple of 'not so god kicks' but what you cannot carry are really bad dispossess of the footy, and Jackson is one of those. Footy at this level is about taking the opportunity's when they come along, kicking the goal when in front, hitting a target when you have the run of the footy and so on. Not only do you put yourself in the game when you put scoreboard pressure on, everything changes, your confidence in yourself, your team mates and the side itself. You just cannot afford to have people that 'break the chain', as Jackson is most definitely one of those in my eyes. He has been a good hard player for us but he has had enough time to improve his disposal and has come up way short. I would rather see his spot taken by a young guy that has a chance to improve us as a side.
Harsh i know for pre season games but sometimes hard, not to nice decision's need to be made on players that hold our club back!
Tuck IMO is in the same boat, maybe not the same butcher as Jackson but in the same ball park.

After watching last  night game, and yes i know it's only a practice game BUT we are a fair way off it! And for those who think we can flick a switch come round 1 are living fairyland.
Actually Tone, in regard to Nahas, he did pressure well in our forward fiddy!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
 best part of Victoria.

Very pretty.

So I have heard  ;D

We are heading more towards Tallangatta actually but we might have dinner back in Albury

And you've just got back from Bright WP.  You like that area?

Bright, Beechworth, Kiewa Valley. Mt Beauty loves those particular areas smokey

As for Albury Ma Powell's family came/come from up there and surrounding districts so I know those parts pretty well. But I am not a great lover of the city of Albury though  :)   

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »
I think we are atleast 3-4 years from top 4. We don't have a settled defence and the forwards need time too. By then hopefuly nanass is a fringe dweller at reserves level and we have a YOUNG gun forward crumbing future midfielder eating the crumbs left by Griffiths and Riewoldt.

We are still atleast 3 years away people

Look at the positives.

.....and bag the players that are a waste of time!!!
The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2011, 11:12:23 PM »

Look at the positives.

.....and bag the players that are a waste of time!!!

Eff yeah.  :thumbsup

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »
best part of Victoria.

Very pretty.

So I have heard  ;D

And you've just got back from Bright WP.  You like that area?

Bright, Beechworth, Kiewa Valley. Mt Beauty loves those particular areas smokey

As for Albury Ma Powell's family came/come from up there and surrounding districts so I know those parts pretty well. But I am not a great lover of the city of Albury though  :)   
Bents you are spot on! Albury is a bit of s h i t hole! Wodonga not much better! I work there and love working there though, if that makes sense!?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
Ah good old Tallangatta- the town that moved! I actually went to school up in Corryong! Nice area! There is a Thai restaurant down the end of Dean street near Country Comfort if looking for a place!

Yeah the town that moved  :thumbsup

MA Powell was from Granya but was born in Tallangatta
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »

Yeah the town that moved  :thumbsup

MA Powell was from Granya but was born in Tallangatta
Now this is getting spooky, i played cricket at Granya!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »

:rollin :rollin

You're not going to be there next Saturday are you?  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
I went to the game too but saw Nahas a little differently to some. I agree he goes to ground way to much but what i will say from last nights game is that he was front and centre more than any other small/medium forward we had. He gets to the rights spots, gets his hands on the footy but lets himself down with trying to do to much or misses those goals that's small forwards are suppose to kick, i can see why the coaches go with him though.

That's very understanding but if we are going to succeed Nahas needs to be in that large paragraph further down in your post about Jackson and Tuck. If Nahas hasn't fixed his problems by now you've got to wonder if he's every going to change. Spend time on a kid instead while it's easy to do so.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »

:rollin :rollin

You're not going to be there next Saturday are you?  ;D

Na, ill be working in Albury though! I might see WP woofing down a La Porcheta pizza though!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
Some Champion Data info from last Friday night's game

Just started capturing @Richmond_FC vs @HawthornFC in the #NABChallenge - Conca 6 disp. and Franklin with 4 lead the way after 13 minutes.

Trent Cotchin tearing it up for @Richmond_FC in the #NABChallenge with 56 DT points late in 1st term.

Sam Mitchell best for @HawthornFC in the #NABChallenge early in the 2nd quarter with 49 DT points.

Half way @HawthornFC vs @Richmond_FC game. Half time #afldreamteam scores - Cotchin 89, Mitchell 64, Rance 62, Conca 59, Nahas 53

Half way @HawthornFC vs @Richmond_FC game. Half time #supercoach scores - Cotchin 100, Mitchell 78, Roughead 70, Franklin 67, Osborne 59

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »
89 at half time?!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
Here's a bit more from Champion Data.....

Cotchin scored 124 SC pts vs Hawks in Rnd 8, 2010. On 117 points at the 23 min mark of the 3rd term.

Full time @HawthornFC vs @Richmond_FC in the #NABChallenge - Sam Mitchell dominated with 29 disposals and 152 SC/113 DT points.

The Cotch looked great. Previous best #supercoach score of 124. Scored 153 at Shepparton.

@HawthornFC @afldreamteam The recruits - David Hale 84, Paul Puoplo 71, Kyle Cheney 64 and Isaac Smith 51. All solid games.

Thought Cyril's game was supposed to be the best ever. 17 disposals - 9 effective. 77 #supercoach pts 66 #afldreamteam pts