Author Topic: NAB Challenge 2 v Hawthorn in Shepparton this Friday night  (Read 16790 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Challenge 2 v Hawthorn in Shepparton this Friday night
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »
I went to the game too but saw Nahas a little differently to some. I agree he goes to ground way to much but what i will say from last nights game is that he was front and centre more than any other small/medium forward we had. He gets to the rights spots, gets his hands on the footy but lets himself down with trying to do to much or misses those goals that's small forwards are suppose to kick, i can see why the coaches go with him though.

TV was very impressive in my eyes, he lead well, took some good clunks and just looked like when he went for the footy, he was every chance of getting it. They say a weeks a long time in footy but in 1 week i have seen enough in TV to say he should be there come round 1.

Cotch and Martin were good (even Martins first half i thought was good)

Batchalar was good too and uses the ball well when gets it.

For me the biggest thing to come out of last nights game was that if we are to get anywhere in the not to distant future we need to replace(a nice way of saying get rid of) Jackson and Tuck. Footy has changed enough in the last few years to tell us that as a side you can carry a couple of 'not so god kicks' but what you cannot carry are really bad dispossess of the footy, and Jackson is one of those. Footy at this level is about taking the opportunity's when they come along, kicking the goal when in front, hitting a target when you have the run of the footy and so on. Not only do you put yourself in the game when you put scoreboard pressure on, everything changes, your confidence in yourself, your team mates and the side itself. You just cannot afford to have people that 'break the chain', as Jackson is most definitely one of those in my eyes. He has been a good hard player for us but he has had enough time to improve his disposal and has come up way short. I would rather see his spot taken by a young guy that has a chance to improve us as a side.
Harsh i know for pre season games but sometimes hard, not to nice decision's need to be made on players that hold our club back!
Tuck IMO is in the same boat, maybe not the same butcher as Jackson but in the same ball park.

After watching last  night game, and yes i know it's only a practice game BUT we are a fair way off it! And for those who think we can flick a switch come round 1 are living fairyland.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
Well apart from BT it looks like Nahas is the new whipping boy...... ??? Gee Edwards gets off lite doesn't he. I know he didn't play yesterday but......anyway, bring in the season proper I reckon. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
Oh and by the way TV played very well again.........letes see those big sets of Knockers again... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »
 :sleep

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
whats with all this Shane Edwards hating? He didnt even play last night.
sure he had a poo nab cup. big whoop.
I thought he was bloody good last year. A definite positive.  :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
Slick Willy, when you back in Oz?

10 FLAGS

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
I went to the game too but saw Nahas a little differently to some. I agree he goes to ground way to much but what i will say from last nights game is that he was front and centre more than any other small/medium forward we had. He gets to the rights spots, gets his hands on the footy but lets himself down with trying to do to much or misses those goals that's small forwards are suppose to kick, i can see why the coaches go with him though.

TV was very impressive in my eyes, he lead well, took some good clunks and just looked like when he went for the footy, he was every chance of getting it. They say a weeks a long time in footy but in 1 week i have seen enough in TV to say he should be there come round 1.

Cotch and Martin were good (even Martins first half i thought was good)

Batchalar was good too and uses the ball well when gets it.

For me the biggest thing to come out of last nights game was that if we are to get anywhere in the not to distant future we need to replace(a nice way of saying get rid of) Jackson and Tuck. Footy has changed enough in the last few years to tell us that as a side you can carry a couple of 'not so god kicks' but what you cannot carry are really bad dispossess of the footy, and Jackson is one of those. Footy at this level is about taking the opportunity's when they come along, kicking the goal when in front, hitting a target when you have the run of the footy and so on. Not only do you put yourself in the game when you put scoreboard pressure on, everything changes, your confidence in yourself, your team mates and the side itself. You just cannot afford to have people that 'break the chain', as Jackson is most definitely one of those in my eyes. He has been a good hard player for us but he has had enough time to improve his disposal and has come up way short. I would rather see his spot taken by a young guy that has a chance to improve us as a side.
Harsh i know for pre season games but sometimes hard, not to nice decision's need to be made on players that hold our club back!
Tuck IMO is in the same boat, maybe not the same butcher as Jackson but in the same ball park.

After watching last  night game, and yes i know it's only a practice game BUT we are a fair way off it! And for those who think we can flick a switch come round 1 are living fairyland.

Quality Post right there from Tone and 100% spot on in regards to the use of the footy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2011, 02:23:36 PM »
Be careful if in Dean Street! It gets a bit willing....

So I have heard  ;D

We are heading more towards Tallangatta actually but we might have dinner back in Albury
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »

So I have heard  ;D

We are heading more towards Tallangatta actually but we might have dinner back in Albury

And you've just got back from Bright WP.  You like that area?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

So I have heard  ;D

Bright, Beechworth, Kiewa Valley. Mt Beauty loves those particular areas smokey

As for Albury Ma Powell's family came/come from up there and surrounding districts so I know those parts pretty well. But I am not a great lover of the city of Albury though  :)   
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »

been back for a couple of days, knackers. how goes it?
U been taking care of old man Girk in my absence?  :police:

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
Oh and by the way TV played very well again.........letes see those big sets of Knockers again... :lol

I'd like to see the big knockers please  :laugh:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »

been back for a couple of days, knackers. how goes it?
U been taking care of old man Girk in my absence?  :police:

I have insomnia but other than that I am great.  :angel: Still fighting the good fight.
Been trying to take care of Gerkin the jerk. You know that idiot though, always getting himself into trouble.  :police:

Heard a rumour you were the latest mod on Y&Beige?  :shh

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »
Heard a rumour you were the latest mod on Y&Beige?  :shh

ohh behave!   :santa

I must complement your good self and dubstep dookie on your tremendous display pics.  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2011, 05:23:28 PM »

So I have heard  ;D

Bright, Beechworth, Kiewa Valley. Mt Beauty loves those particular areas smokey

As for Albury Ma Powell's family came/come from up there and surrounding districts so I know those parts pretty well. But I am not a great lover of the city of Albury though  :)   

Agree.  I have family in Bright and it's a lovely spot for sure.