Author Topic: Tigers vs Brisbane @ the Gabba  (Read 14618 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Tigers vs Brisbane @ the Gabba
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2010, 09:54:46 PM »
Very impressed with the development of the team and individual players so far  :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »
Fantastic Stuff.
Great game plan. Very positive. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
Now, was it Fev' 200th or 2nd game tonight.... ::) ::) :o :lol :lol :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »
Another impressive win, keep their cool in the last quarter when put under pressure.
Proving we are more than capable of matching it with sides that belong in the bottom 6.

With the confidence gained from these 3 wins, I look forward to seeing us against a top 8 side.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
How good did they just sing that song....... man they love it! As we do!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »
Griffiths 3 games and 3 wins.  :cheers :lol :rollin :lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »

If he plays every game for the rest of the year we could still make the finals... and if we play him in the finals... the flag :)

Ramps

« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
I saw the game, great to win BUT ...

1) we have afew blokes who are playing like millionaires and think there ability is greater than what it is
2) we have afew blokes who are still liabilities
3) it was a shocking game of footy from 2 ordinary sides and Brisbane was badly depleted by injury prematch

4) Deledio, Edwards, Riewoldt, Tuck, Martin, and afew others are making the core of a good side.
5) Collins was good also- and I note this coz in the past Ive criticised his performance.
6) Improvement can be seen in the game plan and in some players- thats very good.
7) Id like Cousins to play on in 2011 but Hardwicks post game interview was problematic on the Cousins issue.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2010, 10:23:12 PM »

If he plays every game for the rest of the year we could still make the finals... and if we play him in the finals... the flag :)

Now is that the same way you think if I stay in Africa... :lol :lol

"Rucks:

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »

No doubt he is playing on pain killers at present (or tanking for the bookies at the $2.95 odds)  :lol.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

1) we have afew blokes who are playing like millionaires and think there ability is greater than what it is
3) it was a shocking game of footy from 2 ordinary sides.

4) Deledio, Edwards, Riewoldt, Tuck, Martin, and afew others are making the core of a good side.
5) Collins was good also- and I note this coz in the past Ive criticised his performance.
6) Improvement can be seen in the game plan and in some players- thats very good.
7) Id like Cousins to play on in 2011 but Hardwicks post game interview was problematic on the Cousins issue.

very true Ramps re: Cuz and the Dimma interview. I got that feeling too.

Great win more pleasing that we won when really pressured in the last but lets put it all in contest.

it was no top 8 side so therefore hard to get a gauge of where we are really at but a win is a win.

These wins against bottom 8 wins are our bread and butter most years so im sure Dimma is putting a lid on it.

Tambling again a failure of the highest order. What a joke he is becoming. Looks lost whenever the ball is in his hands.

Farmer still not up to it IMO, however that kick which resulted in a Matty White was a beauty.

The rest should play next week.

King has improved

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2010, 10:40:18 PM »
Agree boys although its nice to win and go to a break with a win we have beaten three poor sides or three sides in a huge form slump.

The positives is we have won well in all 3 games however the better sides will beat us well on the scoreboard.

The fact of the matter is we still have holes in our list that we must fill in the draft and the clubs main focus   

should be to ensure we still finish bottom.

As for Tambling yep I agree Daniel is really struggling. Is very expendible right now and has had no impact on

the side.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2010, 10:40:27 PM »

Hmm I feel for Fev absolutely thrown to the gallows by Carlton. A 2 month ban to the VFL should have been before a trade. He looks uninterested and pretty lonely up there. He's a good guy Fev for all that is said about him.
Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »
Farmer does things in games that give hope that he may still become a decent player. IMHO I prefer him to King or Jackson and maybe afew others.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2010, 10:41:52 PM »

3) it was a shocking game of footy from 2 ordinary sides and Brisbane was badly depleted by injury prematch

First 3 points are a bit soft Ramps.

1) Examples? Fairly harsh comment IMO. No 1 looks to be getting ahead of themselves and everyone is working at 110%. Thats not being a millionaire, thats blue collar hard work.
2) Common Sense. We're 16th on the ladder, if anyone thought otherwise they have rocks in there head.
3) Don't agree at all. Was a good game mixed with contested and free flowing football. Brisbane were depleted, is a rubbish what if excuse, they still had 22 blokes giving it a crack against a vastly less quality and experienced line up who were a man down when the game was at its hottest. Sure Lions were aswell but They had 22 all in the 3rd term and Buchanan came back on with 10 mins to go.

Vosso was so noticeable tonight. He's a horrible umpire. The 3 50m penalties were as soft as they come. The Fevola free kick in the goal square, a goal in the last term when Tambling tackled I think Patful who just put the ball on the ground and Lids stopped waiting for a whistle and it was play on. Stakers play on and missed that was brought back. Brisbane got all the help in the world to win that game.

We were challenged in every part and worked hard to get the little wins across the ground.
Go Tigers!