Author Topic: Round 1 is officially sold out!!!  (Read 8952 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Is Round 1 sold out?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 06:25:33 PM »
So what's left then? Is there any tickets for people who wish to try their luck on the day?

Exciting to think of the numbers at a Tigers home game :gotigers

Stripes
I just checked the ticketek site again. Reserved seating in Ponsford stand Q35 row FF available so they are still selling tickets in drips and drabs.

Club members and public reserve
GSS allocation exhausted.
Olympic stand allocation exhausted
Ponsford stand available
Premium seating allocation exhausted.
Reserved seating available

Do we still split the gates with the other members of the big 4?
Only with Essendon apparently.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
Only Essendon.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Game almost sold out (RFC)
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »
Ticket information: round one
richmondfc.com.au
4:30 PM Mon 23 March, 2009

Tickets to Thursday night’s Richmond v Carlton game at the MCG have almost sold out.

Members are encouraged to purchase a reserved seat prior to them selling out to avoid disappointment.

Reserved seats can be purchased through Ticketek on 132 849, online at www.ticketek.com.au or via any Ticketek outlet.

General admission tickets will not be available on the night of the match (this includes 11 or 17 game members without reserved seats).

Entry procedures are as normal for members who hold a 2009 Richmond season reserved seat.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/73587/default.aspx

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 07:02:58 PM »
The 'G'  is going to be jumping 3 days and 37 mins from now.

Welcome to the jungle !!!!!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »

Not sure about that i think you'll find we may split this one with the Blues like last year, hence why we are guaranteed playing them twice - gate from both games get split.

Ditto Bombers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »

Not sure about that i think you'll find we may split this one with the Blues like last year, hence why we are guaranteed playing them twice - gate from both games get split.

Ditto Bombers
That's what I originally thought WP but blaisee on Y&B said it isn't being split  ???. 

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=231623&postcount=529

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »
I just got two tickets in the Ponsford stand about 10 mins ago so there are still tickets left, but I don't think there's many as they are kinda up in the clouds. I like the Ponsford stand though and I think they almost right behind the goals so bring on 90,000+.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 09:54:50 PM »
That's what I originally thought WP but blaisee on Y&B said it isn't being split  ???. 

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=231623&postcount=529

looks like I might need to do some snooping  :rollin

Chutney.........................................................
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
I just got two tickets in the Ponsford stand about 10 mins ago so there are still tickets left, but I don't think there's many as they are kinda up in the clouds. I like the Ponsford stand though and I think they almost right behind the goals so bring on 90,000+.
You'll be amongst the bluebaggers Infamy. Make sure you wave them all good-bye as they trudge out dejected halfway through the last quarter  ;D.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL warning on tickets as sell-out looms (Age)
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »
AFL warning on tickets as sell-out looms
Andrea Petrie | March 24, 2009

THURSDAY night's blockbuster between Richmond and Carlton is likely to sell out today with fewer than 5000 general admission tickets still available.

And scalpers are trying to cash in, with asking prices for some tickets fetching $220 on the internet last night.

With the much-anticipated game being held on Thursday night, contingency plans are also being put in place to manage the saturation of people to the MCG during peak hour road and rail traffic. The game features former West Coast captains and premiership teammates Ben Cousins and Chris Judd playing against one another.

AFL spokesman Patrick Keane said yesterday that between 4000 and 5000 tickets were still available to the public, with at least 85,000 expected to attend.

"It's an exceptional result considering Richmond and Carlton have only ever drawn more than 75,000 for a home-and-away game twice in their history," he said. "For a full crowd you're depending on standing room and all ticket-holders turning up but either way it is going to be a big turnout." He said the game was being held on Thursday for availability reasons because the SCG and Gabba were often hosting cricket matches at this time of year. It helped having a Thursday night game on the fixture in the first round.

MCC spokesman Shane Brown said visitor passes had sold out for the game last week.

"It's a tricky one for us because we have to estimate how many people will show up," he said.

Anti-scalping legislation introduced in 2003 only covers the grand final, but Keane said the AFL worked closely with eBay to remove tickets offered up for sale on the internet for higher prices.

"And where we can identify the tickets we cancel them because the conditions of the ticket state they can't be re-sold above their face value," he said.

"We say to people firstly, don't buy tickets above face value when obviously there are still tickets available at normal prices.

"And two, there's no guarantee you will be admitted if you do buy them (and they are cancelled)."

The AFL is anticipating that Friday night's grand final rematch between Hawthorn and Geelong will attract about 65,000 people.

"Traditionally Carlton and Richmond always draw more strongly than Geelong and Hawthorn so our expectation all along was that Thursday would be the bigger game," Keane said.

"The general enthusiasm and interest for football in all our games this weekend is probably a bit higher than what we expected so we'd be hoping for a really strong first round.

"Hopefully that translates all the way through the year, coming off our all-time attendance record last year," he said.

"We made the decision in December last year to freeze the basic general admission ticket prices at the same as 2008 so hopefully that will help sustain interest all season."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/afl-warning-on-tickets-as-sellout-looms/2009/03/23/1237656851189.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »
What is a typical attendance for an Anzac Day clash?

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »
What is a typical attendance for an Anzac Day clash?

Stripes

Moronic

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Round 1 offically sold out
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »
SEN has a guy from the MCC on now. He says there are NO tickets left.

They are predicting now 95,000  :o. Final number will depend on how many MCC members turn up. MCC members can still role up but if they leave later than 5.30pm on Thursday then they probably won't get in as the ground will have reached capacity.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2009, 02:19:34 PM »
What sort of money is the club looking at with a home game getting a possible 95k?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do