Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272313 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #960 on: July 19, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »
Just a couple of comments on us tonight:

Lyon and Thomas said Cotch copped his fair whack getting 3-4 weeks as he tucked himself in before colliding into Wright. Thomas said he should have had a hand up to spoil. They've got a poll running on their ninemsn website asking whether Cotch has been treated harshly.

Caro said Brendan Gale should resign from the board of AFL Tasmania as he has "a clear conflict of interest". She also said that North should play in Hobart instead of Richmond as we get big crowds here anyway.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #961 on: July 19, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »

Lyon and Thomas said Cotch copped his fair whack getting 3-4 weeks.

Caro said Brendan Gale should resign from the board of AFL Tasmania as he has "a clear conflict of interest". She also said that North should play in Hobart instead of Richmond as we get big crowds here anyway.

Just move North to Tassie. Change the blue stripes to green. Tasmanian Kangaroos. Job done.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #962 on: July 20, 2010, 12:33:20 AM »
Why should Gale resign if North is the club you want down there Caro hence no conflict of interest?  ???
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #963 on: July 20, 2010, 06:49:31 AM »
it wouldnt be workable if North did play down there, thus Ben should step aside. Good Call Caro ;)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: July 20, 2010, 06:56:23 AM »

Lyon and Thomas said Cotch copped his fair whack getting 3-4 weeks as he tucked himself in before colliding into Wright. Thomas said he should have had a hand up to spoil. They've got a poll running on their ninemsn website asking whether Cotch has been treated harshly.

caroline should shut the eff up

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #965 on: July 20, 2010, 07:23:57 AM »
Why should Gale resign if North is the club you want down there Caro hence no conflict of interest?  ???

Hate to say it but good call by Caro

Benny cannot sit on the AFL Tassie board and be discussing with AFL Tassie the possibility of the AFL Club he works for playing games there -it reeks of favouratism.

He also has a conflict even if it isn't the club he works for in discussion, the fact that he works for a Club means he can't be involved in any way because of the confidential details of the discussion with one his major competitiors.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2010, 08:38:43 AM »
Has Gale had disussions with AFL Tasmania about Richmond playing games there?

I've only seen and heard Cricket Tasmania and the Tasmanian government mentioned in reports about discussions.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #967 on: July 20, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
She also said that North should play in Hobart instead of Richmond as we get big crowds here anyway.

I don't think we're planning on playing Collingwood, Carlton or Essendon in Tassie.

It'd be GWS, the Gold Coast, Kangaroos and Port Adelaide.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: July 20, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »
who gives a eff as long as Gale gets the deal done, On the board off it on it, who cares. Why do you guys care?
Caro just wants to stop us having anything descent happen to our club. Stuff her and North well they are the joke of the AFL why should we do anything that will help them in anyway. Their failure has been brought about by only one person, themselves.

Edited for avoiding the swear filter  :banghead
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:08:24 AM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #969 on: July 20, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »
Has Gale had disussions with AFL Tasmania about Richmond playing games there?

I've only seen and heard Cricket Tasmania and the Tasmanian government mentioned in reports about discussions.

Does it really matter Fish?

There is a or will be a conflict, whether it be now or in the future if the RFC continues looking at playing games in Tassie

Although you would think that the senior management of AFL Tassie would have been involved in some of the discussions even in the prelim stage

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #970 on: July 20, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »
I'm not privy to the discussions but it looks to me to be doing groundwork with the custodians of Bellerive and the people who would provide the money for the stadium upgrade required/money for moving home games.

Does the AFL Tasmania board have to approve an AFL club playing at Bellerive?
If yes, I think that would be a decision Gale would have to remove himself from being part of without having to step down from the board.

I'm not seeing evidence that there is a conflict of interest right now. I can see that there could be one down the track, depending on how far the possibility of Richmond playing games at Bellerive goes. I'd think that would be the time for something to be done about it, not now as a just in case.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #971 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »
Does the AFL Tasmania board have to approve an AFL club playing at Bellerive?
If yes, I think that would be a decision Gale would have to remove himself from being part of without having to step down from the board.

I think they would have to OK it and that would be the AFL Tassie board doing it. 

I'm not seeing evidence that there is a conflict of interest right now. I can see that there could be one down the track, depending on how far the possibility of Richmond playing games at Bellerive goes. I'd think that would be the time for something to be done about it, not now as a just in case.

In a way at the moment it's all about perception to large degree

My personal view is that even at this early stage there is a perceived conflict and at the very least Benny needs to say "I've removed myself from any discussion that the board has had about the RFC".

And if it gets to next the stage of the RFC actually getting close to getting a deal done then he must stand down form the board. Excusing himself wouldn't cut it in my mind; from a business ethics standpoint it is a massive conflict

The other way at looking at it is because there is a perception of there being a conflict then perhaps it is in the best interest of the RFC for Benny to stand down so to ensure the likes of the Norf Melbs of this world and all the media hypocites can't say that our club has been favoured in any way

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: July 20, 2010, 12:56:17 PM »

The other way at looking at it is because there is a perception of there being a conflict then perhaps it is in the best interest of the RFC for Benny to stand down so to ensure the likes of the Norf Melbs of this world and all the media hypocites can't say that our club has been favoured in any way

While your points are valid and sound WP, I have to say at this point I couldn't give a flying kazoo about being 'right' in the eyes of other clubs or the AFL.  We have been royally screwed recently in a number of areas (home games at Etihad, games moved from the MCG, MRP and tribunal, Polak on rookie list, umpiring, 'review' into our current situation, etc etc) and as far as I'm concerned they can all get stuffed - it's every man and every club for himself, and long live the world hating Richmond.  It will make winning that next cup all the sweeter as the whole stinking lot of them get our premiership cup jammed up their collective rings!

:gotigers

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: July 20, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
My thoughts as well about this being perception.
Stuff the North Melbourne's of this world, though. Stuff the media as well, they just make stuff up to suit their current agenda anyway.

Brendon Gale doesn't strike me as the type who would act based on perception.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »

Lyon and Thomas said Cotch copped his fair whack getting 3-4 weeks.

Just move North to Tassie. Change the blue stripes to green. Tasmanian Kangaroos. Job done.

i second that!