Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 428002 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1950 on: March 01, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »
he will be a long term, very good footballer.

I scratch my head wondering what some people look for in kids.
I dont like to post this way because all context is lost and players either improve or fail, changing opinions of them as we go. But hey sometimes you just have to stoop down to others levels and give em some of their own medicine..
The above is golden. But wait there is plenty more.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1951 on: March 01, 2016, 01:00:31 PM »
lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1952 on: March 01, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »
how smooth is this kid in traffic?
Then theres this Alison talking about imaginary attributes.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1953 on: March 01, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »
watch him closely in traffic Daniel.

he has balance and poise, more than i have seen in a first year player for a long time. he seems to have time where he shouldnt have. those deft little movements that create enough time and a cool head are not things that can be taught.

he may not be overly quick but he is a natural footballer and this will overcome any lack of pace. examples of this that come to mind are paul broderick and greg williams.

if he was bigger/stronger and quicker he would possibly be once in a lifetime player, as it is he will be a very good footballer. I just hope he doesnt go home to WA to realise his potential
Then theres this doozy HHHAAARRRGGGGHHHHH.
5 yrs later and we are still waiting.

Thats enough i need to get out of the sewer it stinks in here

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1954 on: March 01, 2016, 01:37:41 PM »
He is actually good in traffic. It's his kicking that let's him down.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1955 on: March 01, 2016, 01:40:37 PM »
Apparently Conca has been training more across half-back this preseason.

This is looking like Reece's first full preseason. So, barring another injury, we'll see if that make any difference this year.

No doubt it's a massive season coming up for him MT. Don't think he'll ever be a star but I'm confident Reece will make a strong contribution this season. He's a good link player, smart with the footy who's happy to get his hands dirty. Can't have too many of those.
True Magic.

Btw, my favourite clip of Reece is him nutmeging two Geelong players:

This is pretty "smooth " Claw. :rollin :lol

Your eyes are not deceiving you.
Unleash the tornado

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1956 on: March 01, 2016, 01:44:50 PM »

he has balance and poise, more than i have seen in a first year player for a long time. he seems to have time where he shouldnt have. those deft little movements that create enough time and a cool head are not things that can be taught.

he may not be overly quick but he is a natural footballer and this will overcome any lack of pace. examples of this that come to mind are paul broderick and greg williams.

if he was bigger/stronger and quicker he would possibly be once in a lifetime player, as it is he will be a very good footballer. I just hope he doesnt go home to WA to realise his potential

Graham Polak wasn't too good in traffic

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1957 on: March 01, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1958 on: March 01, 2016, 01:50:32 PM »
Also think concs is good in traffic

Maybe , if he had a better injury run things might have gone different

maybe he will still come good. Looks pretty handy in te behind th ball role.

Pretty funny seeing Sherlock claw on the case

:clapping
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:24:14 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1959 on: March 01, 2016, 02:00:59 PM »
Apparently Conca has been training more across half-back this preseason.

This is looking like Reece's first full preseason. So, barring another injury, we'll see if that make any difference this year.

No doubt it's a massive season coming up for him MT. Don't think he'll ever be a star but I'm confident Reece will make a strong contribution this season. He's a good link player, smart with the footy who's happy to get his hands dirty. Can't have too many of those.
True Magic.

Btw, my favourite clip of Reece is him nutmeging two Geelong players:

This is pretty "smooth " Claw. :rollin :lol

Your eyes are not deceiving you.
Na most of the time he has no awareness and runs himself into trouble. He actually has a bit of space to work with there.
Its a bit like the wow he had a good game so he must be good analogy's.He has one little golden moment and wow he must be good in traffic lol.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1960 on: March 01, 2016, 02:20:43 PM »
I think the bitching and complaining about Conca is the football equivalent of a first world problem.

Is he as good as Heppell - probably not.

Is this a calamitous selection similar to selecting Tambling at 4 and Oakley Nichols at 8 - Definitely not.

We may of paid overs , but I still believe Reece has some upside and is comfortably in our top 22.

Has he even done a full pre season before ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1961 on: March 01, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
He's nothing more tha Tambling, Mat
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1962 on: March 01, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »
He is better than Heppel this year

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1963 on: March 01, 2016, 02:48:15 PM »
I think the bitching and complaining about Conca is the football equivalent of a first world problem.

Is he as good as Heppell - probably not.

Is this a calamitous selection similar to selecting Tambling at 4 and Oakley Nichols at 8 - Definitely not.

We may of paid overs , but I still believe Reece has some upside and is comfortably in our top 22.

Has he even done a full pre season before ?
OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR.

Is he as good as Heppell  - definately not, why try and sugar coat it..

Is it a calamitous selection similar to Tambling at 4 and Jon at 8 - Time will tell he could well slip backwards. So its got to the point where we are talking degrees of failure. 6 yrs in regardless of where he was taken the debate STILL  rages about weather he is a  so so to good player or not.Personally when all things are considered i think hes been okay.

We may have paid overs - no  that is just a nice way of saying it. We definately paid overs. So far he has shown himself not to be a worthy top 6 pick. I think nearly everyone has at the least rated him an okay player so far,
Is he  in the top 22 I'm sure you will get plenty of debates around here on that. Based on stats form consistency injuries the whole lot  that imo is debatable.

Has he ever done a preseason - And the excuses continue.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1964 on: March 01, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »

You could argue that anything to do with any afl player on the field is a first world problem.

Meaningless statement on a football forum apart from discouraging robust debate.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018