Author Topic: Toby Nankervis [merged]  (Read 179624 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Toby Nankervis [merged]
« Reply #1050 on: March 26, 2024, 01:06:37 AM »
What happened?

After playing the first of his half a dozen good games for the year the previous week, he once again proved his unfitness for the captaincy by returning  to his post 2020 form and lashing out due to the embarrassment of getting toweled up by his former understudy and the only ruckman in the AFL even slower than him.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1051 on: April 14, 2024, 08:54:26 PM »
Voted BOG by the West Coast midfield..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1052 on: May 11, 2024, 09:31:41 PM »
Not a captains arse
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1053 on: May 11, 2024, 09:51:34 PM »
Was only ever made look good because he was in a great team . Has never ever been a good ruckman. Nor leader..and they want to extend his contract.. he's the classic 80s ruckman.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1054 on: May 11, 2024, 09:57:37 PM »
He’s like the inverse to an 80s ruckman. Not great at tap outs but in our dynasty was an absolute weapon with around the ground stuff and kicking goals.

But I guess with age, his impact on around the ground stuff has diminished so his lack of ability to win a heap of hit outs is really glaring.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1055 on: May 11, 2024, 10:25:17 PM »
Was only really ever good sitting behind play and taking marks. Plugging the holes. Other than that, he relies on being over the top physical, giving away stupid frees to make up for his lack of size, agility and ability.. any ruckman would look great with an inform dusty Cotchin and Prestia... Even Grigg ¡

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1056 on: May 11, 2024, 10:42:24 PM »
Not a captains ahole

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1057 on: May 11, 2024, 11:32:18 PM »
Was horrible.. Destroyed

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1058 on: May 11, 2024, 11:35:11 PM »
In fact Trelor says thanks for gifting me the best game of my career Toby Nankervis..

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1059 on: May 11, 2024, 11:36:52 PM »
Cooked - a liabilty not a leader..... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1060 on: May 11, 2024, 11:43:47 PM »
Geez, some emotional slop on here. This is our 3 time premiership ruckman let's not forget. Our list is atrocious, a bit of respect is due.

I was never in favour of making Nank our captain, a blight on our football department that we failed to develop Vlastuin, Broad, Dusty, Rioli or someone else that should have taken the role. I watched the ruck dual closely, as I was playing English in Supercoach lol, Nank thrashed him in the ruck, both statistically and tap efficiency, so I'm not sure where the comments are coming from that he is cooked and that he was thrashed.

Not to mention we failed to pick a 2nd ruck (stupidity) and he rucked basically all night and injured.

I'm not a Nank fanboy, but the criticism tonight is way over the top. Plenty more pain to come, chuck a few DVD's from 17 - 20, unfortunately the next 2-3 season is going to be building the new dynasty, plenty more of tonight to come.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1061 on: May 11, 2024, 11:51:07 PM »
He was arse - stop excusing rubbish -  standards slipping from supporters as well as the club it seems..... :thumbsdown

- Thomas Sowell

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1062 on: May 12, 2024, 05:54:53 AM »
I like Nank , but he aren't captain material.