Author Topic: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks / We get pick 26 as compo [update]  (Read 53892 times)

dwaino

Re: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks [update]
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2016, 07:01:11 PM »
They don't want him that bad. Half their talls are missing for the 2017 season and he is free coverage. Waite was an unrestricted free agent, this is different. I know you aren't the brightest crayon in the box but 25-30 is better than 33.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »
Yes if that's what it is pal. A 2 year offer well I'm not so sure but you seem to know what the Hawks want
 :lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2016, 07:18:07 PM »
Hawthorn Recruiting and List Manager Graham Wright said:

“Ty is keen to come to the Hawks and we are hopeful that we have provided him with a deal that will see this come to fruition.

““His ability to play both ruck and forward is an extremely valuable asset, making him a fantastic addition to our list.

“At 26 years of age Ty has plenty of football left to play and we look forward to seeing what he can produce at the Hawks.”

Richmond Football Club have until Monday to match the two year deal offered by the Hawks.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2016-10-07/hawks-lodge-paperwork-to-land-vickery

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2016, 07:18:43 PM »
If Richmond want to be serious under new regime [i.e. Balme], must match Vickery 2yr offer at Hawks. Then cause headaches for all of JOM/Mitchell/Vickery.

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2016, 11:24:03 PM »
Hawthorn will pull out if we match.

lol at vickery needing a positive environment.  Get rid of half step and you'll get your positive environment
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:11 PM »
He's so fkd up, he can't even go to another club on his own.  :gotigers
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2016, 12:17:55 AM »
Above average in so much he has kicked more goals than almost everyone around his age bracket

All forwards get "fed" the ball especially full forwards

Watts kicked more goals than him this year :lol

The same Watts that went 7 picks higher than him?

The same Watts that no one has rated for 8 years. I guess in turn we shouldn't care how many more people Vickery kicked goals than because chances are, he went higher than them so it doesn't count

Oh man! That really does take the stuffing cake. How are the Watts apologists (and they're bloody everywhere) that suddenly justify his pick coz he's played one "decent" season? What's the measure of a decent season you ask? Kicking more goals than Vickery in his worst season since 2010 when Richmond went 8-14 of course. God love you blokes!

Can you quote where I said anything that justifies your nonsensical rambling? Purely pointed out that Watts kicked more than Vickery (which is funny), to which you rebutted that Watts was a higher pick which somehow justifying Vickerys average return. A normal person would see that I was potting both of them but you keep on believing that I'm saying how good Watts was this year if you like :wallywink

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2016, 12:34:26 AM »
So TV is already expecting his new team mates to be the difference & to make it all happen for him?   :wallywink
So just how warm & fuzzy do you think Clarkson is going to be when you walk in there expecting your team mates to make it happen for you?  That positive environment is going to go Arctic very quickly if you have the wrong attitude, Ty ...   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

tony_montana

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2016, 08:55:50 AM »
500k a season is the offer - probably enough for a second rounder

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »
Not sure William. Think if we can't trade he can nominate for the draft and put a price on his head?

Dwaino this is a business and Hawks want him and it seems need him, so they will give us what we want.

This assumes they match which they should if it's a Waite type of scenario.

Scenario is simple. Don't match and accept 26 etc or tell them all to Get F and try grab a better pick than 40. Their second pick is around 33.

You could be right Angus about the PSD.

Another reason not to match, at least we get something, if he neds up in the PSD we get nothing and I can just imagine the rants on here about how we stuffed again
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:23:01 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2016, 09:45:25 AM »
Above average in so much he has kicked more goals than almost everyone around his age bracket

All forwards get "fed" the ball especially full forwards

Watts kicked more goals than him this year :lol

The same Watts that went 7 picks higher than him?

The same Watts that no one has rated for 8 years. I guess in turn we shouldn't care how many more people Vickery kicked goals than because chances are, he went higher than them so it doesn't count

Oh man! That really does take the stuffing cake. How are the Watts apologists (and they're bloody everywhere) that suddenly justify his pick coz he's played one "decent" season? What's the measure of a decent season you ask? Kicking more goals than Vickery in his worst season since 2010 when Richmond went 8-14 of course. God love you blokes!

Can you quote where I said anything that justifies your nonsensical rambling? Purely pointed out that Watts kicked more than Vickery (which is funny), to which you rebutted that Watts was a higher pick which somehow justifying Vickerys average return. A normal person would see that I was potting both of them but you keep on believing that I'm saying how good Watts was this year if you like :wallywink

Vickery has kicked more afl goals than watts

Vickery in a poor year avg 1.5 vs watts good year average 1.7 hardly a staggering difference

In the same draft pool in which watts was pick 1.

U attempting to prove something like pick 40 is good deal for Vickery "take it an run" were a the reality is it's a pee poor deal

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2016, 09:51:55 AM »
Watts is still one of the best wastes of pick number one barring ours Stalin, what are you trying to stuffing prove that our lower pick dud is better than their higher pick dud?  The prick didn't fire a shot!  He should be in his prime and he is a stuffing first class drastic.  And who said we are getting 37?  pure speculation.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
Watts is still one of the best wastes of pick number one barring ours Stalin, what are you trying to stuffing prove that our lower pick dud is better than their higher pick dud?  The prick didn't fire a shot!  He should be in his prime and he is a stuffing first class drastic.  And who said we are getting 37?  pure speculation.

It's fashionable to bag watts but he's not as bad as made out

Would be richmonds best tall by light years after rance/jack, not that that's saying much

In tryin to prove on facts (afl goals kicked by players aroun tyrone  age group) and last trades te speculation of getting  a mid draft pick for Vickery is rubbish
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
Not sure William. Think if we can't trade he can nominate for the draft and put a price on his head?

Dwaino this is a business and Hawks want him and it seems need him, so they will give us what we want.

This assumes they match which they should if it's a Waite type of scenario.

Scenario is simple. Don't match and accept 26 etc or tell them all to Get F and try grab a better pick than 40. Their second pick is around 33.

You could be right Anhpgus about the PSD.

Another reason not to match, at least we get something, if he neds up in the PSD we get nothing and I can just imagine the rants on here about how we stuffed again

Yep true but he won't last. Come on be serious here it's the Hawks who most likely have a tight cap vrs 15 other teams

Won't happen Hawks will trade IMO

Of course this is all a mute point if we get a mid 20 pick which if the 500k is correct might be our offer
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2016, 10:08:07 AM »
Fashionable...it is spelled ..factual.
Lots of people name their swords......