Author Topic: So who goes, who stays?  (Read 5731 times)

dwaino

Re: So who goes, who stays?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
Just chucking out 2 names for debate - Brisbane have dropped Cornelius and Polec this week for no apparent reason (to me anyway) and I rate them both.  Thoughts from the group if it's worth chasing either of these 2?

I like Polec but think the question mark against right at the minute is the same as with alot of young players and that's the defensive side of his game. Needs alot of work on it but I am a little surprised that he doesn't get more consecutive games because he seems to have alot of upside. Would certainly look at him  :thumbsup

I agree. Brisbane playing Merrett forward most of this year, with Brown back might have made it hard for Cornelius though. Probably has upside but we've already got blokes like Elton to work on. Polec might be struggling to crack a permanent spot in the Lions because they do have a pretty ripper young midfield. Maybe he's there so they can reshuffle after Black goes. But even then you would think they would be trying to pump some more games into him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »
Robbo has Daniel Jackson being one of those needing to be replaced ...

TEN THINGS I DISLIKE

1. Richmond

Try to feel sorry for them, but can't find it within. Ballsed-up the final minutes on Saturday night and they only have themselves to blame. Talk all you like about the goal review, which is just horrendous, but this game was about Richmond once again failing in skill level and decision-making. In other words, they are not a good side. Hardwick has stripped the list and he needs to continue. Names such as Jackson, A. Maric, McGuane, Derickx, Miller, Webberley, White, Post might need replacing to add depth.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/carlton-coach-brett-ratten-not-gone-yet-after-courageous-month/story-fn5937w8-1226438021328

dwaino

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »
Hardwick has stripped the list and he needs to continue. Names such as Jackson, A. Maric, McGuane, Derickx, Miller, Webberley, White, Post might need replacing to add depth.

Welcome to OER, Robbo  :cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 08:13:47 PM »
Hardwick has stripped the list and he needs to continue. Names such as Jackson, A. Maric, McGuane, Derickx, Miller, Webberley, White, Post might need replacing to add depth.

He didn't miss with any of those names but he did forget KICP.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:13 AM »

I think Robbo has been reading this forum on a regular basis hahaha
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
Jackson has kicked 1 goal 8 behinds in the past 5 weeks!!
Enough said.
Take this as fact.  We will never be any good whilst he is at Richmond. 

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »
Delist the following

Browne
Connors
White -
Webberley -
Derrickx
MacDonald
Graham
McGuane
A Maric
Heslin

Jackson should be traded. His missed shots at North were critical. Just doesn't have the necessary skills to take us forward

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
One Rob from Cranbourne is too many.

:lol :thumbsup

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
Jackson should be traded. His missed shots at North were critical. Just doesn't have the necessary skills to take us forward

Some other clubs would love him and it would be a good chance to get a pick or player
Straight swap for Chaplin

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 01:14:05 PM »
Delist the following

Browne
Connors
White -
Webberley -
Derrickx
MacDonald
Graham
McGuane
A Maric
Heslin

I pretty much agree with all your list. The only problem I have is getting rid of all of our backup ruckmen. None of the three appear any good but I would like to see Browne have a go (giving I Maric a rest now that the season is spent) before the year is out to see if he deserves to keep his spot. If he doesn't and we don't bring in a solid ruck backup via the VFL or trade, then Gus will have to stay  :'(

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »
I think that we need to review player > 3 years at the club bracket (i.e. debuted prior to 2009) and see if there is any hope that they can improve and give the club something moving forward:

• Angus Graham – 48 games since 2007 – get him to 50 and trade him. Style of game not suited to Tigers game plan – needs to be more mobile and get to more contests. No aggression for a big man. One dimensional in the ruck – goes up, turns body and taps down all the time!
Verdict – Trade someone will take him you would think (GWS)

•Daniel Jackson – 118 games since 2004 – does not show too much leadership with his discipline problems. Cannot create and does not lock down opposition players effectively any more – Trade or delist. Frees against High, Clangers High.
Verdict – Trade, be a good fit at the Bulldogs

• Jake King – 84 games since 2007 - Frees against High, Clangers High, 5 goals in 9 games – but cannot have him and Jackson in the same team because of discipline problems. Probably will play on as close to 100 games – but needs to lift and produce more.
Verdict – Keep 1 year

• Dean MacDonald – yet to debut and on “personal” leave so don’t know what the story is. You would like to get some return on investment, but another player could be playing in his spot?
Verdict - Delist

• Addam Maric – 10 games 1 goal for Tigers. Experiment failed – if anyone has anything positive to say about this player, then please feel free to provide it.
Verdict – Delist – fruit from the poison tree, no one would touch

• Luke McGuane – 88 games since 2006 – cannot play back, cannot play forward, Frees against High, clangers high – not a chance of staying.
Verdict – Trade, good fit for Gold Coast or Brisbane

• Brad Miller – too slow and cannot kick straight time to retire
Verdict – Retirement Villa

• Kelvin Moore – too early to call and given resources put into rehabilitation need a return on investment here. He should make the call himself if he cannot compete at the level again. Reckon if he does not come up to scratch by year end he will retire
Verdict – Retain 1 year to see if comes good

• Matthew White – 85 games since 2006. He should be playing more consistently by now.  Should be dominating at VFL level but doesn’t.
Verdict – Trade – Sydney would probably benefit from his services

• Andrew Browne - if we are ditching Graham then we need to start getting games out of Browne. He needs to improve him mobility and aggression. The one thing he has over Graham is the fact that he can tap the ball to a variety of positions.
Verdict – Keep

• Chris Newman - need to look at another role for the skipper. Getting stale and hard tagged on the half back line. Alternatives are forward line or wing – but next year he would make a really good super sub as he will hand over the captaincy to Cotchin & Co. From the reaction to last week’s loss he may think that he would retire – but I think he deserves to play on.
Verdict – Keep

• Jack Riewoldt – There is no doubt he can play, but his recent modus operandi is not beneficial to game. Leading to pockets and won’t extend hands, too much wrestling and body work – opposition has him covered most games. He needs to stand up and adapt his game – because we have seen the same game style 3 weeks in a row to produce 2 goals??
Verdict – keep but if we get a good offer take it.

• Shane Tuck, Robin Nahas, Shane Edwards, Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley, Bashar Houli, Sean Griggs, Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin – have performed consistently in their own ways and will provide the basis of experience.
Verdicts – keep

dwaino

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
Ripping post, Papster  :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:09 PM »
Is it time?
Paul Daffey
afl.com.au
Wed 01 August, 2012

The AFL website looks at every player from every club and considers who is ripe for retirement and who will go around again in 2013.

RICHMOND

Brad Miller: The 29-year-old has been in and out of the team this season, so you'd think his place is in jeopardy. But he's likely to stay because the Tigers just like having him around. Coach Damien Hardwick has said his leadership and aggression are important traits at a club with a young list. He's also durable and he's popular among his teammates. Even if a player such as Brett O'Hanlon pushes up to become a permanent fixture as a leading forward, Miller would offer depth and a strong guiding hand in the VFL. The Tigers are likely to offer him a one-year deal.

Chris Newman: The 30-year-old is so important to the club that there doesn't seem even the remotest possibility that he'd be replaced as captain, let alone moved on from the list. As a player, his performances as the defensive distributor are so good that some clubs tag him. He's steady and durable, and, after 12 years at the club, he's highly motivated by his desire to play in his first final series. He'll be at Tigerland for a couple of years yet.

Kelvin Moore: At 28, Moore's career shouldn't be in jeopardy, but his history of hip problems raises questions about whether the Tigers will stick with him. He was brought back into the team last month after hip operations had sidelined him for a season and a half, so the signs are good, but he needs to play well over the remaining five rounds. Assuming he performs to a reasonable level, the Tigers are likely to offer him a one-year deal as the back-up for Dylan Grimes, who has a history of hamstring problems.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143243/default.aspx

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »
Delist the following

Browne
Connors
White -
Webberley -
Derrickx
MacDonald
Graham
McGuane
A Maric
Heslin

Pretty happy that you didn't include Miller in that list..

Oozes leadership and bleeds the yellow and black does our Brad.

Gives off a nice handball out the back and does a clever tap over the back of his head to his teammate.

Always puts on a marvelous block so that his teammates can run into open spaces.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 12:57:08 AM »
;D