Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide  (Read 24556 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2012, 06:33:47 PM »
Well l just watched the game & here is my report.

We were simply beaten by a better team on the day. A Adelaide team which is playing where its position sits on the ladder compared to a rebuilding Richmond side who has only new facilities & are on track  of the rebuilding.

A few bad umpire mistakes but we also got away with a few. rewoldt not been payed a mark at the start of the last quarter could be costly & the tackle on Morris should has been a reversed free kick after he was caught holding the ball. Maybe a better decision would have been a ball up to make it fair.

Kingy going down when in good form maybe played a small part.

l aint blaming any players or coaching for that lose as we were simply beaten by a better side on the day & l think both teams played well & were forced into mistakes. Still must iron out our hospital kicks & handballs.

l think dropping Batchlor who would have been a better matchup on Walker could be a mistake by the selection panel.

So thats it, they closed us down in our running style & forced us to kick over the mark giving them time to push back.
l reckon that was a good game which we will learn from.

Would like to see Griffiths moved to CHF & l must say l have seen Miller kicking for goal going offline too many times this year. his failing to make the distance from 40-45 out & his decision making sometimes not good. Its time to play his contract out at Coburg.

Lets do better next week Tigers  :gotigers

Good if you watched the replay who was newmans opponent and what untold damage did they do.  Feel free to go back over the last few games.

But dont go back in the last few years because that is why morris was recruited.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #376 on: July 01, 2012, 06:34:34 PM »
Newman rarely has an opponent you fools.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »
forgot to mention in that he has no respect for his opponant in ANY game & his opponants do untold damage weekly.
:clapping opposition teams have been playing through newmans direct opponent for yrs. No accountability and gets slaughtered by opposition small fwds

Why do you think we recruited Morris.  RFC realised a hole and they filled it.

For the record I am not a Newman fan either, the sooner Cotch is in there the better our club will be.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »
forgot to mention in that he has no respect for his opponant in ANY game & his opponants do untold damage weekly.
:clapping opposition teams have been playing through newmans direct opponent for yrs. No accountability and gets slaughtered by opposition small fwds

For the record I am not a Newman fan either, the sooner Cotch is in there the better our club will be.

:clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »

thats correct cause he has little respect for opponants & is continuely turning up late to the contest  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »

He was on Petrenko 2nd half yesterday and did ok but my issue is when the wave was coming in the 3rd he needed to show something leadership wise and didn't

But he wasn't alone

We have a 5 man leadership group. Outside Cotchin and to a lesser extent Deledio they other 3 didn't appear to show leadership. Jacko had the opportunity to attempt a smother in the 2nd qtr I think it was and just didn't

It is just so frustrating. You see other teams and their leaders (eg Swans, Bombers) and just think "what if"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »
In the last quarter when the game was still up for grabs we were not intrested, we gave up tackling pressure and crumbled under pressure. With 10 mins to go we were 12 pts down, perhaps at the G the crowd would have got them over the line.

Maybe next time
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2012, 02:33:10 AM »
What adelaide player was on miller frkm the 2ndq onwards?

How was rutten on elton?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »

How was rutten on elton?

Miller was on some kid whose name escapes me

As for Elton being on Miller I know you don't want to do it because it doesn't suit your Miller bashing but Elton being left on Rutten is solely the fault of the Coach and not Brad Miller

Said somewhere that Hardwick should have either moved Miller to Ruttan or plonked Elton in the goal square and told him not venture outside the 20-30m area thereby taking ruttan out of the play.

Ruttan was way too big for Elton but I reckon the kid would have learnt alot from it though
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
Shows how much Adelaide rate Brad Miller.

Tigermonk

« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:32 AM »

your a nutcase, one minute your talking about Newman then your on about Morris then Cotchin
l have added you to my ignore list  ;D never to hear from you again.  :shh you want answer then watch the game & answer them yourself.

tony_montana

« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »

Pretty glaring that the hole they have is the one our captain is supposed to be filling. Agree on cotch, their are 2 leaders at our club cotch and lids, You could probably throw Maric in that too, everyone else... nada

FooffooValve

« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »

How was rutten on elton?

As for Elton being on Miller I know you don't want to do it because it doesn't suit your Miller bashing but Elton being left on Rutten is solely the fault of the Coach and not Brad Miller

Said somewhere that Hardwick should have either moved Miller to Ruttan or plonked Elton in the goal square and told him not venture outside the 20-30m area thereby taking ruttan out of the play.

Ruttan was way too big for Elton but I reckon the kid would have learnt alot from it though

For the last 10 mins, thought we should have thrown Griffiths forward, Grimes on Walker, Rance on Tippett and hoped like hell Griffiths could grab one. Might have made Rutten more accountable too.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
Defenders play on forwards. Not the othet way around.

How was rutten on elton?

Tigermonk

« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »

How was rutten on elton?

For the last 10 mins, thought we should have thrown Griffiths forward, Grimes on Walker, Rance on Tippett and hoped like hell Griffiths could grab one. Might have made Rutten more accountable too.

l would have Millar playing VFL & Griffiths at CHF & Batchlor left in the side, we missed the Batch mongrel & he would have been the Walker matchup in my view. Selectors had it wrong. rance was falling over himself at times & was having a ugly day. You think the coach needs to make some changes during the game. Why he didn't. l like the media to ask him about some of his matchups.