Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 195483 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »
Dusty should play the race card

But then we would have to boo him.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »
Or not boo him

Confusing huh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
I will admit my view on what should happen to Dustin has obviously changed in the last 24 hours

Yesterday I was just incredibly peeved at how the media had gone about getting this story. I am still very peeved about it

But I will admit I lost sight of the real issue here and that was a person was threatened by a footballer (sadly one of ours) behaving badly and this cannot go unpunished or just be ignored. This is serious. the fact that it is a woman shouldn't be relevant, what if it was child looking for an autograph? Or an elderly man? Would peolpe view it differently? We shouldn't, what he did was disgraceful

A few posts back Angus said "If it was a man it would be a very different story" and you know what he's probably right.

Who's to say it wouldn't have ended up in brawl outside the restaurant where the outcome could have been a lot worse ... answer is we don't know. And I for one am glad in a macabre sort of way we don't know

How would people feel if it was their partner who came home and told you that this had happened to them. Don't think there is too many of us who would say you should have minded your own business, laughed it off or said you deserved it "bitch".

Domestic violence and violence against women whether we wish to admit it or not is is a massive problem in society today. Just like violence against children is, just like violence against animals is... we (soceity) have a problem and we need to do something about it.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2015, 04:53:10 PM »
Finally from the Club
===============

Tigers 'incredibly disappointed' in Martin's actions
AAP  December 8, 2015 3:59 PM

RICHMOND has belatedly taken a much stronger public stance after star Dustin Martin allegedly threatened a woman in a drunken incident.

Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale said in a statement that the Saturday night incident was very serious and it demands a thorough investigation.

He said Richmond is incredibly disappointed in Martin, who has apologised to the woman.

Earlier on Tuesday, club legend Kevin Bartlett demanded that Richmond ban Martin for 12 months and he make a $50,000 donation to an appropriate charity.

On Monday, Tigers football manager Dan Richardson had called the incident a hiccup.

Richmond is working with the AFL in investigating the matter and the club will make an announcement by the end of the week on what action they will take against Martin.

"This is a very serious matter that requires a thorough investigation and we are working with the AFL to ensure we have all the facts before us," Gale said.

"I want to be clear that any threat of physical violence against a woman - or any member of the public for that matter - is completely unacceptable.

"Dustin is disappointed in his behaviour and we are incredibly disappointed in Dustin."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-08/tigers-incredibly-disappointed-in-martins-actions

=========================
(Ed: don't think the Club's inaction have helped Dusty in anyway, shape or form)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »
I will admit my view on what should happen to Dustin has obviously changed in the last 24 hours

Yesterday I was just incredibly peeved at how the media had gone about getting this story. I am still very peeved about it

But I will admit I lost sight of the real issue here and that was a person was threatened by a footballer (sadly one of ours) behaving badly and this cannot go unpunished or just be ignored. This is serious. the fact that it is a woman shouldn't be relevant, what if it was child looking for an autograph? Or an elderly man? Would peolpe view it differently? We shouldn't, what he did was disgraceful

A few posts back Angus said "If it was a man it would be a very different story" and you know what he's probably right.

Who's to say it wouldn't have ended up in brawl outside the restaurant where the outcome could have been a lot worse ... answer is we don't know. And I for one am glad in a macabre sort of way we don't know

How would people feel if it was their partner who came home and told you that this had happened to them. Don't think there is too many of us who would say you should have minded your own business, laughed it off or said you deserved it "bitch".

Domestic violence and violence against women whether we wish to admit it or not is is a massive problem in society today. Just like violence against children is, just like violence against animals is... we (soceity) have a problem and we need to do something about it.

So dusty is the scapegoat for 100s thousands years of violence against ladies...

Seems a bit rough no?

Let's go over the facts again from what I read in a tired state
 - he never touch her
  - she had a go a him, for drinkin three shots in one hour... Wtf

:whistle
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
 :lol

Looking orward to the PC brigade on that one

I'm just gunna call you racist now    :wallywink

Why are aboriginals better than Maoris?

#ANZAC
#stability

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
Look forward to their progressive pageantry
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2015, 05:09:01 PM »
Question is, what worse- to do it during a game or to do it in a social environment.

I say, Game.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »
Dusty is gone now, with the femmo,twit president that resides currently.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2015, 05:13:27 PM »
Come on dudes, I love Dusty too but you can't defend what he did. Getting blind and threatening a chick in public was incredibly stuffing stupid and he deserves to get punished.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »
Come on dudes, I love Dusty too but you can't defend what he did. Getting blind and threatening a chick in public was incredibly stuffing stupid and he deserves to get punished.

Media manhunt aside, I agree with this sentiment.

He's an important player though. So lets do what Hawthorn did to Hodge and just make him pay some fine to a charity where somebody will honestly benefit from his idiocy. Need him to play round 1.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »

what does he deserve, willyb?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2015, 05:28:46 PM »

what does he deserve, willyb?

Couple of games off would be right I reckon.

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Dusty up to his old tricks?
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
stories popping up on FB that Dusty might have been a naughty boy over the weekend :wallywink

Do you work for the HUN or CH7?  ;D

They are Both are making it sound like he's committed an act of treason or something

Anyways... Form the highly reputable HUN
=====

UPDATE: @Richmond_FC will release statement about Dustin Martin incident this afternoon trib.al/1qouCIc

And this

JUST IN: Dustin Martin involved in drunken altercation at Chapel St restaurant trib.al/XLsGECD #Melbourne

And this from CH 7

EXCLUSIVE: A woman tells of her terror after footballer Dustin Martin threatened to stab her in a city restaurant.

Unfortunately, the HUN articles are subscriber only so I can't post those
Yeah buddy I was making it all up