Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 195495 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #780 on: December 22, 2015, 08:45:36 PM »
Wtf is she talking about????

--------------------------------------------------------

And Rita Panahi ...

How can anyone blame her for not making a formal complaint after what she's endured from pathetic fanboys?

AFL's ugly underbelly & culture of bullying triumphs again. They love the moral grandstanding...but don't deliver when it counts.

The truth is if she was my sister I'd tell her to desist for her own sake. Sadly, that's the current reality.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #781 on: December 22, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »
Watch all the biatches double their efforts now   :rollin fo

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #782 on: December 22, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »
"illegal" substances? There was no investigation into "illegal" substances. It was an investigation into "banned" substances under a sporting drug code.

I think you're getting hung up on the vocab here. We call a high tackle illegal tackle which is a banned tackle. A banned substance is an illegal substance according to a set of rules. Hird broke rules. Has Dusty? Police investigation dropped. Enough said really.

Last time I checked Jurrah ended up in jail for that "effort" as well as other acts of violence against women.. so not the best example I wouldn't have thought

My point was the comparison of media hysteria not the punishment. Where was the witch hunt for Jurrah like there has been for Dusty? I'm sure we all agree a baseball swing to the 'mush' via a metal poll is more serious than a drunken threat. Media pick and choose. I don't apologise for supporting a Richmond player. Even if it was worse, innocent until proven guilty.

I support Dusty, but I am not going to sit here and say he didn't do a completely stupid, idiotic, moronic thing.

He deserves to punished for being a an idiot. Do I believe he should cop 12 months, 15 games? No but he needs to cop some sort of whack.

If it was a player that people on here can't stand or a bloke in our bottom 10 and folks want out of the club I doubt the support would be there. The posts would be "sack him"

Forgive me for not excusing his behaviour simply because he is one of best players. In this situation all players should be treated the same..

I 100% would be supporting any player, family member or friend if they were in the same situation. The label of 'Woman Abuser' is full on. This is Dusty's label now. Disgustingly. No priors, no history of violence or aggression yet he will have to put up with this now. As Robbo said, he was a goose but incorrectly was never labelled as a goose but a 'abuser of woman'. That is a seriously ugly brush.

He should be punished for drinking. That is the only thing he should be punished for. If police can't find anything of value why should the club listen to some idiot who is happy to throw stones and can't back it up. Was confident enough to approach Dusty to tell him to pull his head in but to 'traumatised' to talk to police. Please.

Innocent till proven guilty. Dusty will be forever tarnished for this. Not fair at all.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: HUN: Dsuty won't be charged
« Reply #783 on: December 22, 2015, 08:58:26 PM »
“After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.

“Police take all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigate all complaints thoroughly.”

This suggests that no verbal threat to the woman's life was at all made. None of her colleagues could back it up? No bar staff? No security. This is all horse poo.

What about the damages to Dusty and his name. Fragile bloke could quit the game and cost himself millions of dollars.
Go Tigers!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #784 on: December 22, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
Deal done for a bit of charity perhaps?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #785 on: December 22, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »
Im tippin the nab cup off no real season punishment

Disagree

With the AFL involved, reckon he will miss a H&A game

They will come over the top like they did in the Carlisle punishment

Whats he technically done wrong? The situation as it stands is that the woman has claimed he was violent towards her. No witnesses has backed this up. On what grounds can he be punished?

What is stopping me from making a claim that Luke Hodge was violent towards me and having no1 back it up and calling for punishment? Jumping at shadows WP.

Aside from being drunk, supposedly and asked to leave a restaurant. How does that equal punishment to miss a H&A game. AFL didn't come over the top when Luke Hodge drank and drove?
Go Tigers!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #786 on: December 22, 2015, 09:04:08 PM »
No,deals..

Entrapment by channel seven producer
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #787 on: December 22, 2015, 09:15:58 PM »
The media treatment of Dustin and the whole incident has been absolutely disgraceful.

Correct.

Innocent till proven guilty. I won't be satisfied till every idiot in the country apologises to Dusty personally for their moronic opinions and idiotic punishment sentences.

Investigation has taken place, no abuse or threat has been backed up. Like that or not anyone suggesting punishment with the tarnished brush 'violence against woman' is an absolute fool.

Fine him for drinking or breaking club rules. Anything else is a huge overreaction and has an agenda to save the world against female violence. Whilst a serious agenda, absolutely pathetic and disgusting making Dusty a scape goat for it.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #788 on: December 22, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »
The law says nothing happened.

What is the afl going to do - say something did?
What are they, the stuffn illuminati ?
Lol.

Sue the mole if not for just putting her name out there.

Illumanati. Crisp from you Ox. Enjoyed that.

Merry XMas Tiger fans. PC idiots and Channel 7 can get stuffed. I'm off to buy some sushi!
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #789 on: December 22, 2015, 10:10:10 PM »
game set match, we can return to normal viewing thank stuff for that.  Let em beat on their purple tamborines with rage, I just want to watch a game of footy ffs.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
My take reading between the lines.
So police interview independent witnesses and don't proceed. No case to answer.
The Hun ( which is part of the same organisation as the woman making the complaint works for) reports that the woman decides not to make a statement. Why? Because her statement, if the same as her previous statements, would be at odds with all the witnesses, therefore opening her up for criminal charges against her for perjury. As it stand Dusty may now have a case for defamation.
Perjury is lying to court, she would have no criminal case to answer for if she was found to be making the whole thing up. She may be vulnerable for defamation, but most likely it would br Ch7 or the Hun that Dusty would ultimately take $$ from.

SUMMARY OFFENCES ACT 1966 - SECT 53
Making false reports to police etc.

S. 53(1) amended by Nos 9554 s. 2(2)(Sch. 2 item 341), 9642 s. 2(1), 8/1998
s. 5(1), 43/2011 s. 52(1), 37/2014 s. 10(Sch. item 160.18).

(1)     Any person who falsely and with knowledge of the falsity of the report voluntarily reports or causes to be reported to any police officer or to a protective services officer that an act has been done or an event has occurred, which act or event as so reported is such as calls for an investigation by a police officer or a protective services officer shall be guilty of an offence.

Penalty:     120 penalty units or imprisonment for 1 year.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/soa1966189/s53.html
And as no statement was made, she has no possibility of criminal charges.

I think you should read, and comprehend the law as quoted. It does not say making a statement, it clearly says that if something is falsely reported to the police that causes an investigation.

not that anything will eventuate in this case, but the law does allow for it to happen.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #791 on: December 23, 2015, 01:38:26 AM »
No police action against Richmond’s Dustin Martin over altercation with woman

Mark Buttler and Sam Landsberger
Herald Sun
December 23, 2015 [/i]

RICHMOND’S Dustin Martin still faces action from the AFL and his club despite police clearing him over his drunken altercation with a woman.

The woman claimed Martin had threatened to stab her with a chopstick, but police told the midfielder they had determined “no criminal offence took place”.

The woman had decided not to make a statement to police for fear of being identified in any potential future court proceedings.

But the woman said the AFL and Richmond should now press on with their inquiry, with which she has co-operated.

She said that the league needed to take a tough stand against men who behaved aggressively towards women.

“He’s done the wrong thing and should still face punishment from the AFL,” she said.

“They need to take a stand against violence towards women. And that I hope the AFL learn from this and change their procedures so that other victims can feel confident in making reports and be able to trust that the processes in place has genuine care for the welfare of the person making a complaint.”

Police reviewed CCTV footage and spoke to several witnesses. Picture: Steward McLean

Martin has apologised to the woman over the incident at Chapel St’s trendy Mr Miyagi on December 5.

Victoria Police said it took all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigated complaints thoroughly.

A Victoria Police statement said: “Detectives from Stonnington Criminal Investigation Unit have conducted an extensive investigation after reports a woman was threatened by a man at a Chapel Street restaurant in Windsor on 5 December.”

“After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.

“Police take all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigate all complaints thoroughly.”

Richmond and the AFL had put any potential sanctions against Martin on hold until after the police investigation.

Richmond said Martin, 24, must wait for the AFL to finish its investigation before learning of any sanction, which could include a hefty suspension.

“I imagine they’ll talk to police now that the police have wound it up and then they’ll come back to us. Until such time we’ve got nothing to comment on,” a spokesman said.

Martin’s manager declined to comment.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/police-will-not-take-action-against-richmonds-dustin-martin-over-threats-against-woman/news-story/0bd9906c04ffd8e60721016415f5fdf2#load-story-comments

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #792 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:17 AM »
What a disgraceful HSun article, the police investigated extensively and concluded no criminal offence took place!!!

They didn't mention anything along the lines of not being able to determine if a criminal offence took place or anything even close to relating to not enough evidence ie: complainant didn't offer a statement!  They clearly said "no criminal offence took place"

So B1 and B2 from the HSun, report the facts and stop trying to hang the bloke for being found by the law not to have committed a criminal offence.

It's sickening the way these media flogs carry on in an attempt to get their man.

No case to answer other than being drunk during preseason, if that constitutes an offence against team rules then the leadership group can punish him accordingly, otherwise all you blood thirsty grandstanding media flogs can STFU and go and enjoy Xmas on your own!!!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #793 on: December 23, 2015, 06:52:01 AM »
And yet my dear Rita she is not worried enough of the fanbois to mess with her being head of the afl dictator discipline dusty committiee.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Give Martin a 12-month ban, says KB ...... (SEN/AFL site)
« Reply #794 on: December 23, 2015, 08:21:46 AM »
Bump

Give Martin a 12-month ban, says Barlett

AAP 
December 8, 2015 11:03 AM

RICHMOND legend Kevin Bartlett wants the club to throw the book at Dustin Martin, calling on the Tigers star to be banned for a year.

Martin has apologised after a woman accused him of threatening to stab her in the face with a chopstick.

The Richmond midfielder admits he was drunk at the time of the Saturday night incident.

He was eventually asked to leave the Mr Miyagi restaurant on Chapel St in South Yarra.

The Tigers issued a statement on Monday afternoon after the woman, identified only as Tracy, had contacted the club earlier that day.

Bartlett, who played 403 games for the Tigers and later coached the club, said Richmond's response was pathetic.

Tigers football manager Dan Richardson also separately called the incident a hiccup.

"Not one word that violence against women is totally unacceptable - and this is at an AFL club that has the first and only female president (Peggy O'Neal)," Bartlett said on SEN.

Richmond said in the statement that Martin would meet with club leaders later this week to decide what happens next.

But Bartlett said it needed a stronger and more urgent response from the Tigers in what shapes as a serious test of their leadership.

"This is not player No.42 on the club list - this is arguably their best player," Bartlett said.

He also noted that the AFL and its clubs strongly supported the campaign to end violence against women.

"It's hard to imagine a more serious allegation.

"A 12-month suspension and a $50,000 donation to an appropriate women's organisation seems a realistic and fair conclusion for the club, the AFL and the image of the game."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-08/give-martin-a-12month-ban-says-barlett
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018