Author Topic: Tigers vs Port game thread  (Read 28667 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Tigers vs Port game thread
« Reply #270 on: May 29, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »

Would you rather play the Dome with 40000 feral tigers or go to Darwin and get 500K and lose to a side who are infighting like we have been for decades. Galling loss.
Sell outs I'm very disappointed with the footy club as a whole not just the team tonight.
The irony is we would've made money tonight at the Dome anyway with 40k there.
Nowhere near as much, would be lucky to have made 100k at the dome and we wouldn't have got 40k there anyway
We may not have gotten 40,000. But we would have gotten more than the PATHETIC 11,000 that turned up to tonight's abomination at that substandard turkish bath.
I'm so peed off with the club for selling their supporters and their soul to the afl devil tonight.

[/quote]

No 19th man tonight as Dimma and the club have so proudly spruiked in the last few weeks. I don't blame DImma of course I am blaming the club for selling out but with the quirks of the draw Port in Darwin,bye, Swans away, Brissy away and then Melbourne surely in hindsight the least we could have done is have the game here. That's 5 weeks where we don't see our team live in Melbourne. The scheduling from the AFL as much as the selling off of this game is soul destroying and confidence sapping right now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #272 on: May 29, 2011, 04:16:07 AM »
If we lose Richmonds administration should formally apologise to the players and in particular to the supporters. I dont blame the players I blame our administration.
Didn't we win every game interstate last year? Must have been close if not.
We need to learn to win everywhere, not just at the G, we just looked flat tonight and Port decided to play for once this year

Would you rather play the Dome with 40000 feral tigers or go to Darwin and get 500K and lose to a side who are infighting like we have been for decades. Galling loss.
Sell outs I'm very disappointed with the footy club as a whole not just the team tonight.
The irony is we would've made money tonight at the Dome anyway with 40k there.
Nowhere near as much, would be lucky to have made 100k at the dome and we wouldn't have got 40k there anyway
We had 38k at the Dome last year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2011, 05:32:27 AM »
Ben Cousins' last ever game increased the interest in that match so it's not really a fair comparison

TigerTimeII

« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2011, 07:07:05 AM »
it was disgusting from the top down

the worst day in our club since gale and dimma took over

mistakes galore

gale stuffed up sellling our home game, we r not that desperate for the money

dimma for his team selection

fitness staff for draining the boys mid week

they should have trained with a slippery wet ball not cycling in humidity chambers

i love these blokes but cotchin, deledio, jack were pathetic with a greasy ball

and why the stuff all of a sudden could we hold tackles anymore

as soon as we are tipped as favourites and have a chance to get in the 8

WE stuff UP

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: May 29, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
I haven't got time to read everything because I have to head off for brekkie and then the airport.

What I will say is this:

We can say the club stuffed up selling the game and yes I agree if the game was in Melb we probably would have won but based on the mind set last night that would probably wouldn't have happened either

We can blame umpires - yes they were terrible

Simple facts are we were outplayed, out coached by a team more desparate than us and that's what is TOTALLY UNACCPETABLE for mine

But the biggest bottom line is this a good team will win when at any venue at any time... we are not there yet and last night proved we have a long way to go

And BTW TIO stadium is a joke and not an AFL standard venue the AFL should be ashamed  :banghead
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:47:43 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
The performance can be summed up in one word

FLAT!

Is that really such a surprise to people?

Love the way people are looking for something to blame. "Oh we sold our soul to the devil and he made us loose."

:ROTFL

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
!
« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
The performance can be summed up in one word

FLAT!

Is that really such a surprise to people?

Love the way people are looking for something to blame. "Oh we sold our soul to the devil and he made us loose."

:ROTFL

In the context of what I was referring to the AFL was the Devil, and that's EXACTLY what happened!!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
Rolls that wasnt aimed squarely at you.

Blaming the playing of the game to Darwin for the way the team played is simply scapegoating, something that always happens when we loose.

We get a good run of form, expectations go overboard and we have a bad game so meltdown happens.

That is exactly what happened
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
I haven't got time to read everything because I have to head off for brekkie and then the airport.

What I will say is this:

We can say the club stuffed up selling the game and yes I agree if the game was in Melb we probably would have won but based on the mind set last night that would probably wouldn't have happened either

We can blame umpires - yes they were terrible

Simple facts are we were outplayed, out coached by a team more desparate than us and that's what is TOTALLY UNACCPETABLE for mine

But the biggest bottom line is this good team will when at any venue at any time... we are not there yest and last proved we have a long way to go

And BTW TIO stadium is a joke and not an AFL standard venue the AFL should be ashamed  :banghead

Great Post WP. Agree with all points
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2011, 11:28:35 AM »

Blaming the playing of the game to Darwin for the way the team played is simply scapegoating, something that always happens when we loose.

We get a good run of form, expectations go overboard and we have a bad game so meltdown happens.

spot on al....It shouldn't matter where we play! I think everyone may have forgot we actually lost to this same team at the dome last round. I wasn't confident that we would win. I've been around too long to know not to get too excited anymore especially when we are favorites. 

I'll only get excited when we can beat Carlscum round 1 and take on Geelong and beat them and Collingwood. 

Remember we are a young team with a young coaching staff I hope they learn some lessons here.   
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2011, 11:43:13 AM »
it was disgusting from the top down

the worst day in our club since gale and dimma took over

mistakes galore

gale stuffed up sellling our home game, we r not that desperate for the money

dimma for his team selection

fitness staff for draining the boys mid week

they should have trained with a slippery wet ball not cycling in humidity chambers

i love these blokes but cotchin, deledio, jack were pathetic with a greasy ball

and why the eff all of a sudden could we hold tackles anymore

as soon as we are tipped as favourites and have a chance to get in the 8

WE eff UP

yes we are we have had this debt hanging around our heads for yrs and it has prevented us from doing whats needed.
 2002 5 mi,l  2011 still 4 plus mil. you went thru the frawley wallace yrs you saw what we didnt have in the most critical of areas. instead of 4 mil in debt we need to get 10 mil in the black.

a guaranteed 400k in the coffers against a side we were not guaranteed to make money against in melb. how many do we need to get at the g just to break even its worse at etihad.

at least it was a neutral game port v rich at darwin you couldnt get more neutral. we have the indiginous centre at our ground and we play in darwin if any team should have to play there it should be us.

i know lets just give all that grant money back that we got for our new facilities. seems to me theres a lot of sooking and excuse making simply because far too many got expectations up rated us better than we actually are and when inevitably we come crashing back to earth the wrist slashing and knives come out.
how many times does it have to be said this yr is all about developing and getting games into our kids nothing more. if people look real close and try to be just a tiny bit unbiased we have not been that great to date and last night was an event just waiting to happen.

because of gaping holes in our list i reckon finals are not on the cards to at least 2013. its not as if the club itself has not regularly said to all the feral supporters out there that this yr is most definately very much about development they also said we may lose games that perhaps we should win in the name of that development.

all i can say is such impatience and lack of realism from the supporters is well mind boggling.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
You can only play whats out there at any given point in time within reason claw.
We can control what we are doing and depending on how well we control the opposition will depend on whether we win or not.
It is of no fault of ours that we have played opposition that is below strength and won b/c had we lost those we would be arking up and complaining about we lost to an understrength side blah blah blah.

I still think our wins are positive and I still see that you also raise some valid points. The excitement generated in the last month has been as a result of our on field efforts but until we can beat the sides we should beat as was the case two weeks ago and last night we will always be battlers at best who have a brief moment in the sun because we are the flavour of the week and then we are back on the backberner.

Perhaps also theis talk of 3-0-75 although realistic is still a fair way off and may never eventuate as the way I see it if we want to consider ourselves a Big 4 club we shouldn't be selling our home games anywhere for anything. Until that day I am prepared to wait but we are half way through Dimma's tenure and he has done wonders so far but he needs to get the consistency into the side and address our defensive and ruck issues.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »

I am glad we played that game in Darwin - winning games in that situation is just as important as games like the dreamtime game last week. In a lot of ways, it's harder to win when having the pressure of being the hunted.  At r11, I'll take 4 1/2 wins with 2 wins against top 8 sides. I'd like to match that ratio for the balance of this year.

And I hope last night stings like some of those big losses last year - players and coaching staff.
The dark years made Australian cricket insatiable for wins in the '90s and I'm hoping our boys develop the same hunger through some of these hiccups.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »
And BTW TIO stadium is a joke and not an AFL standard venue the AFL should be ashamed  :banghead
Apparently they spent $27,000 on upgrading the lights BEFORE last night  ???

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114973/default.aspx