Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 180722 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1276 on: October 13, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
Yeah...that'll happen.....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1277 on: October 13, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »
From BF:

Quote from: Tiger71
OK, time to share. I have been quiet as i have been getting stuff sorted to what I think is close to the mark. As TB said, poos fluid but you know that, what may happen below is what I think may be likely unless something changes.

I'll start with the bad poo first.

I think Lennon is gone. I believe we are trying to trade him for a first rounder. I would not be surprised if he is playing interstate next year for either Brisbanes or Sydneys first rounder.

We are using the Astbury is contracted line to force his price higher ( mentioned that to a few people a few weeks back) It may work and they indeed offer there second rounder, pick 21. If they do that, we can then pass on to the blues and get Yarran. I do think they will take 21 if we do not blink. I do know the lions want to only use there third so what I heard from a mate, is lennon coming in...Lennon and Astbury for 17 and 21.

We then have 2 first rounders this year, what do we use them on ? I believe we are making a serious play at a few targets still and those two picks will come into play. My fear, we are left hanging and have to draft two quality kids when we already had a quality kid in Lennon.

Now the positives.

I mentioned to a few this morning. Townsend is basically done. Yarran deal may hold it up but IMO it wont.

We will be getting Yarren, love it. Think he will add value.

Bottom line we should end up with 4 new players....My fear and i hope i am wrong, these deals take to long and when we get the picks we want Jed Anderson for example is already gone.

Anyway, i do know Lennon has had a few offers in front of him, so far he has not signed. If he is still un signed by next week, he is being traded UNLESS something majorly changes.

Hope some sense prevails, we sign him up. Tell the blues to take 21 or pee off and then give our 4th for Townsend and our first for Jed Anderson for the Hawks second rounder returned to us.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-open-discussion-rfc-forum.1114612/page-135#post-41503049

Quote from: Tiger71
I think he [Lennon] is up to it, just that we can get a better player. Hope Dan knows what he is doing, as it may blow up in his face. Unlike some, the Dollars are not really that far apart. Lennon will take unders from whats been "offered" elsewhere to still play for us, but it was still more then what our value system places him....I am not saying its 100% he is leaving, just now i am thinking its likely.

Watch him sign tomorrow arvo lol

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-open-discussion-rfc-forum.1114612/page-136#post-41503250

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1278 on: October 13, 2015, 10:29:19 PM »

Strange times when someone on BF makes more sense than most posters on OER.

And we have a demented Mod who thinks everything is so funny. (Time to see your psych methinks)

Anyway as always I am enjoying the roller-coaster that is the RFC.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1279 on: October 13, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
 :lol :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1280 on: October 14, 2015, 04:22:48 AM »
High-flying Melbourne forward Jeremy Howe is waiting on a Collingwood contract offer before deciding where he will ask to be traded to. North Melbourne and Gold Coast have  made offers for Howe but Collingwood are still to decide if they will make a offer. Collingwood have met Howe several times and are interested in the forward. Howe met Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley recently to talk through the possibility of a move and where he would fit at the club.

A meeting between Fremantle coach Ross Lyon and Harley Bennell has helped ease the Dockers' nerves about taking the midfielder on. It is understood Lyon and Bennell met face-to-face in Perth on Tuesday, with the Dockers shaping as the Gold Coast player's probable new home despite the club wavering somewhat in recent days. While the Suns will push for at least the Dockers' first pick in the draft, No. 16, Fremantle is likely to view that as too big a price given the lack of competition for the highly talented onballer. Fremantle doesn't pick again until No. 35, meaning the club may look to secure a pick somewhere in the 20s to offer for the talented 21-year-old.

Sydney has joined those clubs interested in Collingwood wingman Paul Seedsman, who is yet to decide which club he would prefer to be traded to. Gold Coast and North have made offers for the midfielder.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-and-drafting/afl-trades-2015-fremantle-starts-warming-to-harley-bennell-trade-20151013-gk89is.html

Star utility Brendon Goddard has also been linked to a move west to join his former coach Ross Lyon at Fremantle but the Bombers are adamant the 30-year-old is going nowhere.

Defender Courtenay Dempsey is also out of contract and has been linked to a move to Sydney but Casley, who also handles Dempsey, said he would meet with Worsfold before deciding his future.

http://www.themercury.com.au/afl-trades-2015-elliott-kavanagh-wants-to-stay-at-essendon/story-fnj3twbb-1227567906195

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1282 on: October 14, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »
Henderson off to the Cats for their 2016 first round pick. So that's the first use of trading future picks.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1283 on: October 14, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »
Henderson to the Cats, done deal. FFS, they will be back to their best, Sellwood, Dangerfield and Henderson..

RFC = stuff ALL
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1284 on: October 14, 2015, 10:48:20 AM »

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-open-discussion-rfc-forum.1114612/page-138#post-41504003

Stop torturing me you bastards!!
tigers wont trade first pick as it will go to swans and there next years first round pick for Parker... well that's what I am dreaming of we must be due to pull something like this of maybe we can offer 1st pick and lennon for parker
Also on sen reports yesterday that the Jagar man will be on the move in 2017 and 2 clubs fighting for him already are tigers and saints wants to move to Melbourne for commercial and business opportunities

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1285 on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
Henderson to the Cats, done deal. FFS, they will be back to their best, Sellwood, Dangerfield and Henderson..

RFC = stuff ALL

If you put those 3 into our team, we'd be a good chance of top 4.

They're going to a poo side with a poo dumb arse coach, they'll be bottom 5.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1286 on: October 14, 2015, 10:59:24 AM »

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-open-discussion-rfc-forum.1114612/page-138#post-41504003

Stop torturing me you bastards!!
tigers wont trade first pick as it will go to swans and there next years first round pick for Parker... well that's what I am dreaming of we must be due to pull something like this of maybe we can offer 1st pick and lennon for parker
Also on sen reports yesterday that the Jagar man will be on the move in 2017 and 2 clubs fighting for him already are tigers and saints wants to move to Melbourne for commercial and business opportunities
Yes Ive heard hes quite the entrepreneur, and as he will probably only play around 100 games hes looking for other options. Still we'd have to give up a LOT for him and he'd be unlikely to play out a big career. Id prefer Parker to JOM. Im kind of hoping.....and I mean really hoping.... that we've said no to Astbury moving and havent been willing to budge on Yarran in order to make sure we can facilitate a bigger trade..... :rollin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1287 on: October 14, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »

RFC = stuff ALL

If you put those 3 into our team, we'd be a good chance of top 4.

They're going to a poo side with a poo dumb arse coach, they'll be bottom 5.

Put those 3 in our side and we would win the GF.

Don't think so, in fact I think they will finish top 4.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1288 on: October 14, 2015, 11:22:54 AM »
Brett Anderson on SEN just now:

* "Richmond has a lot of baits in the water but no one is biting."

* Treloar trade should be done by the end of the week. Collingwood now offering their first round picks from 2015 & 2016 and will get a pick back (likely to a 2nd rounder for this year's draft).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1289 on: October 14, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Mitch Grigg and Sam Shaw have all re-signed with the Crows. So they are off the market. - AFL website

Brisbane are heavily into Geelong Josh Walker according to Mitch Cleary on AFL Trade Radio. Brett Anderson on SEN says the Carlton offer to Walker is less than first thought so Walker is looking at all options.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews
http://www.afl.com.au