Author Topic: Kane Lambert retires [merged]  (Read 161610 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kane Lambert [merged]
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2016, 11:51:17 AM »
Has been poor since his injury. Agree that playing him so deep doesn't suit him either. Needs s spell in the VFL.

l wouldn't spell him. l would force him to work harder. His a tad scared l think after his injury

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
Good to see our list managers still have their priorities.

Depth player. One year contract only. Not as if he'll walk or clubs are hovering.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: April 09, 2017, 11:13:34 PM »
Curbing Mitchell 'a privilege', says Tiger

AFL.com.au
9 April 2017

NO-FRILLS Tiger Kane Lambert says it was a "privilege" to get the call to curb Brownlow medallist Sam Mitchell in what became a match-turning stopping role.

The ex-VFL standout, who had to wait until he was 23 for his AFL shot, kept the four-time premiership Hawk and West Coast recruit to 13 disposals after quarter-time.

Mitchell was the chief reason the Eagles led by four points at the first break, compiling a game-high 12 possessions, but managed only seven across the next two terms.

Coach Damien Hardwick acknowledged Lambert's defensive effort after Richmond's 11.10 (76) to 8.17 (65) success.

"It's good the coach has that confidence in me to be able to go to a player and lock him down," Lambert told AFL.com.au.

"Whether that's through the midfield or in that half-back type role on players who are hurting us. If I can lock him down and play a role for the team, I'm more than happy to do that.

"(Mitchell)'s a privilege to play on, really. I learned a lot on him – just in those three quarters – so I'll take plenty out of that game."

Lambert, who had 19 touches against West Coast, was the No.46 selection in the 2015 rookie draft and was elevated onto the senior list ahead of last season.

The 25-year-old is now part of a Tigers team celebrating three victories to begin the season.

"We came here to get the four points and we're rapt to do that, but we'll quickly move onto Brisbane next week," Lambert said.

"There's plenty of energy around the place and it's feeling refreshed and the boys want to come into work on Monday to get going.

"So it's a great place to be and we're looking forward to Brisbane next week."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-09/curbing-mitchell-a-privilege-says-nofrills-tiger

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #318 on: June 08, 2017, 04:18:03 AM »
Richmond utility Kane Lambert has taken his game to another level throughout the first half of season 2017.

Lambert, a mature-age, rookie-list recruit for the Tigers at the end of 2014, is quietly, but extremely efficiently, going about business in his third season of AFL football.

After averaging 15.6 disposals per match in 13 games in his 2015 debut season, and 14.7 disposals in 15 games last year, he has an average of 18.8 disposals in 10 games so far in 2017.

He has excelled as a run-with player, using his pace, running ability, discipline and determination to nullify the effectiveness of key opponents on a consistent basis.

“What I’ve liked about him is his ability to be able to go on to a player, shut them down, but still be able to get the ball himself,” Richmond great Matthew Richardson said on this week’s edition of the Club’s official podcast ‘Talking Tigers’.

“It’s not just a run-with role where he’s not getting the footy . . . he’s still getting his 18-20-odd touches a game.

“So he’s very disciplined, but still has the nous to be able to read the play and get off his man.

“And his versatility is a real asset.

“I think versatility is just about the most important thing you can have as a player, and ‘Dimma’ (coach Damien Hardwick) can use him in a number of different roles.

“He can go into the middle to give you another midfield rotation. And, when he’s playing forward half, he kicks goals.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-06-07/lamberts-solid-form

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2017, 12:45:38 AM »
Have enjoyed his season. Kicking could be better sometimes but his hardness and effort are great.

tony_montana

« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2017, 02:24:44 PM »
Im just going to go on record and say i called this one first   8) :clapping

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »

Nice try TM, called it when watching him on the terraces of Burbank Oval.  :thumbsup Lucky Dimma and Blair were beside me  ;)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2017, 03:28:09 PM »
Only a moron couldn't see
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2017, 05:08:33 PM »
Is just one bad run by RFC to getting back to whipping boy status

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #324 on: June 12, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »

Nice try TM, called it when watching him on the terraces of Burbank Oval.  :thumbsup Lucky Dimma and Blair were beside me  ;)

Yep HRT called it.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: June 12, 2017, 06:08:21 PM »
Glad you are there to sort out who called what Dooks

Keep up the good work

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »
I used to watch him at the Preston City oval playing for the Northern Knights... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
Have to say I've never been totally convinced of Lambert but this year he's looked at the level. Possibly moved beyond your Miles/Lloyd types.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »
Seems to have found his niche as a midfield terrier and part time tagger.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2017, 09:09:41 PM »
Glad you are there to sort out who called what Dooks

Keep up the good work

Thank you.

A bit of honesty and courtesy goes a long way in these times.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018