Author Topic: VFL R2: Richmond vs Footscray --- Sat. Apr 16 @ Punt Rd  (Read 12317 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: VFL R2: Richmond vs Footscray --- Sat. Apr 16 @ Punt Rd
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2016, 07:33:41 PM »
Should've drafted Ballard & Couch instead of Moore & Townsend.

Coz Ballard has shown plenty in the last 3 VFL he hasnt played

I know that champ....  been saying it since Fremantle delisted him....and by all reports was one of our best players in his one pre-season match...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »
What no Batch??? :whistle

I aslso go every week & Batchelor was in the bests

So this from the Hun, why is it taz that you are the only one saying Batch is any good?? Are you related to him?

ON THE CUSP: Some good news! Richmond’s VFL team came from 19 points down at quarter-time to win by 52 with Ivan Maric tuning up for his senior return with an influential display. Anthony Miles responded to his demotion with 30 touches, Jayden Short had 20, Steven Morris 20 and Jacob Townsend and exciting draftee Oleg Markov 19 each. And Damien Hardwick has to think about seeing what Liam McBean can do at senior level after he bagged five goals. Brett Deledio is again being talked about as a possible inclusion but he is unlikely to be rushed back after playing just half a game this season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/the-barometer-whos-hurt-whos-on-the-cusp-at-selection-at-your-club/news-story/2cc7d8ee7643fae3f4651cbc32210866
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:20:31 PM by WilliamPowell »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »
Seriously WAT if the best you can do to make your case is quote the HUN you're going to lose that battle

The HUN is the newspaper that week after week lists Ellis B in our best because he has lots of possessions

Have actually spoken to a couple of people who went to the game Saturday and they've said Batchelor was excellent this week, so he is certainly in the mix
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2016, 02:39:07 PM »
You might not like it but Batchelor makes us much better in the back half and I think the coaches would agree it has been an error not playing him. Not saying he is a champ but ATM he is required.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »
Saw Steve Morris in hospital this morning suffering from leather poisoning.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2016, 03:14:05 PM »
Seriously WAT if the best you can do to make your case is quote the HUN you're going to lose that battle

The HUN is the newspaper that week after week lists Ellis B in our best because he has lots of possessions

Have actually spoken to a couple of people who went to the game Saturday and they've said Batchelor was excellent this week, so he is certainly in the mix

Seriously WP, I have only heard one person say he has been best and I sure as hell haven't even read it anywhere else in any paper or report on the VFL games to date.

Regardless, if people think Bachelor is the way forward then we are in more a mess than we look!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2016, 03:14:53 PM »
l agree l say Batchlor is a good player down the backline & also follows his man up ground & often helps set play up. l judge him more worthy than Astbury. This is my personal opinion.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2016, 03:16:16 PM »
No other club would even look at Morris or Bachelor but that all we have and that's why we are in a mess. Many supporters are also blind folded regarding these two.

"Rucks:

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »

Seriously WP, I have only heard one person say he has been best and I sure as hell haven't even read it anywhere else in any paper or report on the VFL games to date.

Regardless, if people think Bachelor is the way forward then we are in more a mess than we look!

WAT look on the home page on AFL.com under Around the State Leagues, it mentions who played well etc. I for one have never said he is the way forward but ATM he is required down back until we either upgrade internally or recruit a better option.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
I will be sticking with my thoughts on Batchelor and that's that. I said the same about Morris when he was added to the leadership group and about the way he plays, I was crucified for my thoughts on him, well look at him now...not saying I am right but to date Batchelor to me is not an AFL player, he is a player that we have to use because of our incompetent player management, trading, drafting, free agency stuff up's.

The team is full of mediocre players and Batchelor is a another one of them. I would rather put Elton in the side for the remainder of the year than play Batchelor again. Same goes for Morris.

"Rucks:

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »
I will be sticking with my thoughts on Batchelor and that's that. I said the same about Morris when he was added to the leadership group and about the way he plays, I was crucified for my thoughts on him, well look at him now...not saying I am right but to date Batchelor to me is not an AFL player, he is a player that we have to use because of our incompetent player management, trading, drafting, free agency stuff up's.

The team is full of mediocre players and Batchelor is a another one of them. I would rather put Elton in the side for the remainder of the year than play Batchelor again. Same goes for Morris.

I would also like to see Elton play but he should replace Chaplin who provides nothing on game day.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2016, 03:46:49 PM »

I would also like to see Elton play but he should replace Chaplin who provides nothing on game day.

Well that goes to show how bad we are going. I bet we could suggest another 6-8 players to replace the ones we have in the firsts with players from the ressies. How bad is that!!

"Rucks:

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2016, 03:49:30 PM »
No other club would even look at Morris or Bachelor but that all we have and that's why we are in a mess. Many supporters are also blind folded regarding these two.

Not true WAT. Any club would look at both players. Sometimes players don't fit in with other players or game plans for several reasons. One being there are several type of that player, Which most clubs have or they need to be helped in certain area's of their game on field.  Be it skill or endurance to not hydrating properly. There is no perfect footballer for any side & talent scouts pick those who tick the boxes. Batchlor could go to another club & dominate just look at Jay Schulzs. Rhys Palmer was a more dominating player at Fremantle yet goes mostly unnoticed at GWS but get the job done. Heath Shaw when at Collingwood is more dominating at GWS because he has applied himself better & taken on the more of the leadership role. Cotchin would be more damaging if he had a player or 2 to protect him more hence why Townsend came to the club to play a role. Dustin Martin would also benefit from a player blocking to give him just that extra second to balance up & be far more damaging. But saying Morris & Batchlor are not up to AFL standard is a bit far fetched considering their names are on the selection table most weeks. Yes they loose confidence & whatever else goes on in their life style, We all don't know about. But l can tell you from what a seen personally that these 2 players are up to the task of senior football & clubs would have approached them at one time or another. Injury also plays a part in most players & both of them have had their own share. l would have Batchlor in my backline every week if l was the Richmond coach.  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »

Not true WAT. Any club would look at both players. Sometimes players don't fit in with other players or game plans for several reasons. One being there are several type of that player, Which most clubs have or they need to be helped in certain area's of their game on field.  Be it skill or endurance to not hydrating properly. There is no perfect footballer for any side & talent scouts pick those who tick the boxes. Batchlor could go to another club & dominate just look at Jay Schulzs. Rhys Palmer was a more dominating player at Fremantle yet goes mostly unnoticed at GWS but get the job done. Heath Shaw when at Collingwood is more dominating at GWS because he has applied himself better & taken on the more of the leadership role. Cotchin would be more damaging if he had a player or 2 to protect him more hence why Townsend came to the club to play a role. Dustin Martin would also benefit from a player blocking to give him just that extra second to balance up & be far more damaging. But saying Morris & Batchlor are not up to AFL standard is a bit far fetched considering their names are on the selection table most weeks. Yes they loose confidence & whatever else goes on in their life style, We all don't know about. But l can tell you from what a seen personally that these 2 players are up to the task of senior football & clubs would have approached them at one time or another. Injury also plays a part in most players & both of them have had their own share. l would have Batchlor in my backline every week if l was the Richmond coach.  ;D

Really, not what was touted during the trade period!! We couldn't give Morris away. Batch I don't know, but ask yourself whey he is in the seconds??

That's good, you stick with your thoughts then and I will stick with mine.. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »

Don't forget he listens to SEN

How much of the VFL game did you watch WAT?