Author Topic: Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job' (Herald-Sun)  (Read 3465 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job' (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »
If you fail to carry out instructions you will cop the wrath of the coach & he has every right. Morton has failed several times now & will face his actions
Newman is a poor example of a leader & should have thought over it alot better. he should stepdown as captain

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 12:02:10 PM »
Oh absolutly right. Terry has all the right an din his job description to coach the side, if that means ripping the paint off the walls then so be it.

If the majorty of the players think the coach is a clown and begin to disagree with the direction and procedures the coach is heading towards then the captain will be the first person to pick up on it.

Newman did exactly what I woudl have done and brought this to the light of the coach. The only thing he has done wrong is to hint the coach to move on. If this was true at all.

I woudl have done the same thing. Newman countlessly said the meeting was to all be on the same page. If 50% of the players are unhappy for any reason the skipper to get everyone on teh same page is a perfect act of leadership.

Doing nothing and let the players rot in there own skins woudl have been a very soft way of leading your team.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »
its players like Chris who have dropped off this season. His leadership has been poor onfield IMO
Newman said in public the players were 100% behind the coach & then to come out & ask him to move on is pushing the fine line & the truth
This has been going on for sometime that the players & coach had lost each other but all parties were in denial
Wallace must have some claus in his contract to keep himself alive & l hope he gives it to the players
You can tell by the way the players present themselves on the field that they are not playing for the coach & want Sheedy to coach
Sheeds is ready to coach them

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 01:45:07 PM »
I can't believe that everyone is getting their knickers in a knot over something reported in the Hun.
If you read the Age article the interpretation of what was said to Mitch (and another ) is rather different.
Let's face it that gutter rag has egg all over it's face (again) and is trying to justify itself.

And the usual suspects here are falling all over themselves and gorging on the Club's so called mismanagement blah blah blah....
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 02:27:12 PM »
So the coach spat the dummy "Geez what a rarity that must be' and some players feelings got hurt 'tough titties' really.
Even though it is all a media beat up some just need to harden the stuff up

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 05:34:12 PM »
If they get a new coach he wont be powdering their bums and tucking them in at night if that's what they want.
Easy to blame the coach - The players on the field lost the game we should have won simple as that.
Unless its one of our current assistant coaches
Its one of the reasons I think we need a clean sweep, get rid of everyone

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
A little clarity people.

Would Mitch or any player be more upset about a coach on his last hurrah telling you that your misdemeanour was the reason he will lose his job

or

Would Mitch or any player be more upset if his WAG told him he could not perform in the sack no longer.

Won't be the first or last player at RFC or any club who will get told off by a coach. A little thick skin is required so some character and prove to the world you are worthy. As for Terry...................

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 07:58:45 PM »

But Robbo said at least twice (it may have been 3 times) on SEN yesterday that he heard things from a senior person inside the club...

Probably the pensioner who feeds the cat.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »

But Robbo said at least twice (it may have been 3 times) on SEN yesterday that he heard things from a senior person inside the club...

Probably the pensioner who feeds the cat.
Luv ya fishy :thumbsup :thumbsup :rollin :clapping

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »
Yeah look probably not the best thing Terry has said but God help these players when the next coach comes in. I have never seen Tery Wallace berate a player on the ground but these are the coaches curently coaching that I have seen absolutely give some players a baking in front of the country:

Malthouse
Williams
Thompson
Eade
Laidley
Craig
Knights
Clarkson
Roos
Worsfold

Never mind the past Coaches like Parkin & Sheedy or Jewl (the mouth at the moment), what about Walls (when he was not coaching Richmond). So with the above list I could only imagine what would get said and what has been said behind closed doors. The problem as I mentioned the other night is that our recent coaches in Geisham, Frawley and now Wallace have been too "nice".

Do we really think Wallace's comments to Morton were the wost thing that has been said to a player by a coach....... I really doubt it. But because they want Wallace's head and we are the RFC, we will always get screwed for everything that happens and it sucks.

Wake up Tiger players you are going to get a real shock with the next coach and I can't stuffing well wait because you all need it!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 10:55:46 PM »
Could you imagine if our coach was Malcolm Blight and he said "Pathetic Pettifer" or something to that effect.
The whole team would boycott the rest of the season and may even end in tears.

After all how could he dare say something like that, its not as if he was a premiership coach.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 11:01:02 PM »
Could you imagine if our coach was Malcolm Blight and he said "Pathetic Pettifer" or something to that effect.

After all how could he dare say something like that, its not as if he was a premiership coach.

Hold the phone. Blight wasn't a premiership coach either when he made those comments in 1997.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »

Hold the phone. Blight wasn't a premiership coach either when he made those comments in 1997.

exactly thats the point im making. Could you imagine if Blight was out coach. What would they do then??

What chance do we have when our players are a bunch of women on steroids who cant handle a few home truths.

what an embarasment we are to be playing in this comp.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

bushranger

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
some of us told u so!!!!!!

terry is gutless, how dare he blame a player for his career, since when is his career the most imp thing,  why could he say something like selfish acts cost the team a win, but i bet when mitch kicked that great goal on the boundary the prick never said that goal may save my career, or if his kick oob ended up in the goal square

terry is a loser and a squib
Can't add more than this.