Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300181 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2011, 05:41:57 PM »
An AFL footballer with a good kicking action  :shh Woah hey WOAH, take a bow Richmond  :shh Drafting a player with a good kicking style, the other clubs won't know what's hit 'em. I like it Richmond  :shh

and its his opposite foot

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 05:53:13 PM »
An AFL footballer with a good kicking action  :shh Woah hey WOAH, take a bow Richmond  :shh Drafting a player with a good kicking style, the other clubs won't know what's hit 'em. I like it Richmond  :shh

and its his opposite foot
Leon Cameron like but with a more solidly built torso?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
Players like Tivendale and Mcmuffin showed that you could look good but still butcher the ball. Even bowden could deliver what looked like a perfecty executed lace out pass to the opposition
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Welcome aboard - `I know you're a hard worker. You give your best at everything and that's what I like about you'
By Patrick Lane
Hume Moreland Leader
30 Nov 2011

BRANDON Ellis has already experienced his first bone-crunching tackle in the big time.

It happened on the couch on draft night, when family, friends and Calder Cannons development coach Graeme Burgen leapt on top of him as his name was called out by Richmond with its first pick, 15th overall.

It was not so much being plucked by a club that sent the household into raptures, that was a given, but rather the news that Ellis was staying home in Melbourne.

The 18-year-old North Carlton resident had all but conceded he was Fremantle-bound, and was resigned to a trip across the Nullarbor.

Instead, Ellis will move in with Burgen -- a family friend now hosting Tiger David Astbury.

Remaining in his home state is of extra significance to the family-oriented youngster.

Ellis almost gave the elite game away two years ago when his father, Dale, was diagnosed with cancer for the second time.

For Ellis, football took a distant back seat as his father's against-the-odds battle became a priority.

``Maybe that was meant to happen,'' he said.

``Maybe if that didn't happen it wouldn't have made me realise not to take things for granted and always give it your best shot.''

Indeed, both mum and dad were very proud as Ellis donned the yellow and black.

``Mum and dad started crying. They were over the moon,'' he said.

``My family are really close and mum wasn't that keen on me moving interstate. She's just thrilled.''

And if signing at one of Melbourne's traditional heavyweight clubs was not enough of a whirlwind experience, Ellis will fly out to Arizona on Tuesday with his newfound Tiger teammates for a 12-day training camp.

Ellis received a phone call from Richmond coach Damien Hardwick just moments after the draft welcomed him to the club.

``He said he was happy to have me at Tiger Land. He said he loves the way I play and I play a bit like he did,'' he said.

``He said, `I know you're a hard worker. You give your best at everything and that's what I like about you'.''

The 181cm and 83kg athlete, known for his brutality and skill as a rebounding defender, sees success on the horizon at the Tigers.

And he so wants to be a part of it.

``They just got brand new facilities, which is another bonus,'' Ellis said.

``They are really up and coming and I can't wait to be a part of what is coming in the next few years. ``Hopefully we can play finals next year and, with another year of everyone improving, who knows what can happen.''

Ellis joins Calder draftees Tom Sheridan (Fremantle, pick 16), Daniel Markworth (St Kilda, pick 39) and Michael Talia (Western Bulldogs, pick 39).

gerkin greg

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »
He said he loves the way I play and I play a bit like he did

Turn it up Dimma
You were an honest battler
LMAO

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2011, 07:06:32 AM »
Tiger recruit Brandon Ellis aiming to sting the Blues

by: Michael Warner in Phoenix
Herald Sun
December 09, 2011

RICHMOND draftee Brandon Ellis has set his sights on a Round 1 debut against the Blues.

Ellis, 18, was taken by the Tigers with their first pick, 15th overall, at last month's national draft and has been a standout at the club's Arizona training camp.

The elite kicker from the Calder Cannons was selected as an attacking defender, but can also play in the midfield.

"That's my goal to play Round 1 and I'm going to do everything I can, but there's a lot of competition," Ellis said. "I think we've got eight or nine backs who are in the running.

"All I want to do is play. I don't care where I play, I just want to put on the Richmond jumper and that will be the best day of my life."

Ellis and Richmond's two other draftees, tall forward Todd Elton and midfielder Matt Arnot, have endured a brutal AFL baptism.

Within days of being drafted, the youngsters found themselves in Tucson taking part in a gruelling fitness program at the University of Arizona.

Irish recruit John Heslin, 19, a star Gaelic player, has also made the trip with mature-age pick ups Ivan Maric and Steven Morris.

"It's probably been one of the times of my life so far," Ellis said. "I've always wanted to come to America, but to come over here with Richmond is just amazing.

" I thought I'd come over here with a few mates. It still feels a bit surreal but it's sinking in now being around the boys.

"It's been tough. In the gym sessions I can keep up with them, but the running and the extra swim session or skill sessions that you do is really tough on the body.

"But give me a month or two and wait for my body to adapt and I think I will be able to keep up with them."

Vice-captain Trent Cotchin said the desire of the newest Tigers to compete in Arizona had turned a few heads among the established players.

"They've really applied themselves well and seem like fantastic characters. It just adds more pressure and competition, which is what we're all about at Tigerland," Cotchin said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-recruit-brandon-ellis-aiming-to-sting-the-blues/story-e6frf9jf-1226217645218
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:11:21 AM by one-eyed »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
Now this is what we haven't heard about our previous recruits... :clapping

"Vice-captain Trent Cotchin said the desire of the newest Tigers to compete in Arizona had turned a few heads among the established players.

"They've really applied themselves well and seem like fantastic characters. It just adds more pressure and competition, which is what we're all about at Tigerland," Cotchin said".
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2011, 10:17:01 PM »
My mail is this kid is 'real good' :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »
My mail is this kid is 'real good' :gotigers

Tell you what they look like the best group of recruits we have had for many years, in terms of a group, size, maturity etc...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »
I heard a story that this kid got a gash on his leg that required 15 stitches but he wouldn't come off and just bandaged it untill after a TAC game.

The Under 18 Francis Bourke?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2011, 11:25:11 PM »
Read the comments on the actual story page in the Hun about him, one says, hits targets on the chest from 60m... :o, hell, if he can do that out of defence or the centre.... :gotigers

"Rucks:

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »
I heard a story that this kid got a gash on his leg that required 15 stitches but he wouldn't come off and just bandaged it untill after a TAC game.

A gash that required 15 stitches? Didn't Darren "Gassy" Gaspar have enough blood coming out of his skull in one game that would have made a vampire horny and they stitched him up turban style and sent him back out? Some people thought he was soft but Gassy was a true warrior. I know Knighter was another with a serious gash to the head thanks to that mongel Liberatore.  >:(

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »

A gash that required 15 stitches? Didn't Darren "Gassy" Gaspar have enough blood coming out of his skull in one game that would have made a vampire horny and they stitched him up turban style and sent him back out? Some people thought he was soft but Gassy was a true warrior. I know Knighter was another with a serious gash to the head thanks to that mongel Liberatore.  >:(

And the triple  :clapping

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2011, 10:57:49 AM »
usually there is alot of rubbish and spin published in regards to recruits etc etc.
This kid can kick and mark to perfection. :gotigers
Very good fit for us

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2011, 01:52:56 PM »
Can we put him down for a Brownlow?