Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 334565 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Bachar Houli to become a Tiger (Australian)
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
Believed to have an in-principle agreement with Essendon swapping Bachar Houli for a second or third-round pick. But Houli is far from ferocious, which is what Dimma Hardwick demands from his players. Where does he play in a midfield that should get more game time from Andrew Collins and the returning Nate Foley?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-buzz-why-do-people-hate-on-harry/story-e6frf9jf-1225920718084

Polo could be traded as part of the Houli deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-in-hunt-for-bachar-houli/story-e6frf9jx-1225924921375

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2010, 02:49:01 PM »
Believed to have an in-principle agreement with Essendon swapping Bachar Houli for a second or third-round pick.

What a crock. Just another Journo making something up and selling it as fact. They would not have a clue. Believed to have (i.e. I'm guessing) an agreement for a draft pick that may differ by up to 30 picks in the draft.

What a wanker!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »
The only chance we have of winning in such a deal is as reported by 3rogerD is a direct swap for Polo

I cant see any reason why anyone on here would possibly think Bachar Julio is worth any more than that.

Instead of getting taller, bigger and more skillfull we go shorter  :banghead :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
Believed to have an in-principle agreement with Essendon swapping Bachar Houli for a second or third-round pick.

What a crock. Just another Journo making something up and selling it as fact. They would not have a clue. Believed to have (i.e. I'm guessing) an agreement for a draft pick that may differ by up to 30 picks in the draft.

What a wanker!

:clapping

There are 12 teams that aren't playing any more, all they want to read about is trades and drafting. A lot of people are still under the impression that if it's in the newspaper, it must be true. These guys wouldn't have a clue, they're just trying to sell papers as usual.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
http://roadcaptainusa.com/

That's a crap blog love

He's very clever  :thumbsup

He's a smart ass. No wonder his kids barrack for North  :shh
A situation I believe will be rectified before the 2011 season .Will involve violence if necessary. Nth's membership will drop by half if he's successful.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
Whats the bike mate??

It's a harley, I got the pic off the internet for my avatar.
The chick and bike are hot.
http://roadcaptainusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/biker-chick.JPG
 :-*
That's a good blog by the way if you like bikes WATiger.
Les.B , dude , you need to have a real good hard look at yourself. I agree that if you live in Deer Park that chick on the bike would probably be considered hot but , err .... nah you need help man.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

tony_montana

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
if we give up our 2nd pick for Houli or the bloody sherminator i'll stuffing spew up!  :chuck

I am deadset against sherman full stop. Just don't think he has good skills and would be exposed even more at a side like richmond, also for 450k per season thats a double whammy. He runs hard.... thats it, not good enough for mine.

Houli I haven't seen too much but his skills seem clean so i'm not deadset against it. However, I sill think that pick 29 for a 3rd round pick thats only played 20odd games in 4 years is paying overs, especially when thats our 2nd pick!.

Mundy is good but is being traded at an inflated rate. He is NOT elite and never will be. Is not worth 600k per season. I really hope these journos are having a lend bc I'd be really worried if any of these rumours are on the mark.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
if we give up our 2nd pick for Houli or the bloody sherminator i'll effing spew up!  :chuck

I am deadset against sherman full stop. Just don't think he has good skills and would be exposed even more at a side like richmond, also for 450k per season thats a double whammy. He runs hard.... thats it, not good enough for mine.

Houli I haven't seen too much but his skills seem clean so i'm not deadset against it. However, I sill think that pick 29 for a 3rd round pick thats only played 20odd games in 4 years is paying overs, especially when thats our 2nd pick!.

Mundy is good but is being traded at an inflated rate. He is NOT elite and never will be. Is not worth 600k per season. I really hope these journos are having a lend bc I'd be really worried if any of these rumours are on the mark.

I'm for Houli for Polo as long as it is a straight swap and we do not give a pick away.

Sherman just too many gaps in his make up for mine but I think the media still see us as easy targets and with all the distractions of Eddie Collingwood Ablett Gold Coast  the media have to write some sort of tripe that can't and shouldn't be swallowed. Dimma is not stupid.

If we do go down the path of recycling then he has done no more than what Wallace had done in his first two years. Using the draft first year in 2005 and using the recycle bin in year 2 when all we had to do was take out the household trash and bring the bin back in when the garbage truck collected it.

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »
To trade for a player you just have to ask yourself one question.
Is he better on your list than the last player on your list at the end of the day.
And to that i would say no.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
i would have thought tambling would be figuring prominently in trade discussions for either Houli or sherman..Bling, Mcguane and Rance will be our bargaining chips, nevermind our draft selections albeit that R2 will = ~30 in any case
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2010, 10:57:22 PM »
To trade for a player you just have to ask yourself one question.
Is he better on your list than the last player on your list at the end of the day.
And to that i would say no.
I would go one step further - Is he going to be take us towards and be part of our next premiership? If the answer is no then pass, keep the pick and go for a kid in the draft instead.

For some reason we seem to have an aversion to going through trade week and staying out of it (at least as far as not trading for players especially recycled fringe ones from other clubs).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:50 AM »
i would have thought tambling would be figuring prominently in trade discussions for either Houli or sherman..Bling, Mcguane and Rance will be our bargaining chips, nevermind our draft selections albeit that R2 will = ~30 in any case

I wouldn't think we would give more than a nanosecond of thought to anything involving a straight swap of Tambling for Houli.  Our football department collectively are not that stupid, of that I'm very confident.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2010, 08:58:21 AM »

I wouldn't think we would give more than a nanosecond of thought to anything involving a straight swap of Tambling for Houli.  Our football department collectively are not that stupid, of that I'm very confident.

err, ground control to major tom, I must be completely missing something here, are you suggesting RT is actually worth anything ::)...Nevermind their draft order my friend, here we have two talented juniors at the cross roads, and knowing what I know of RT Im backing BH to have more upside
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

err, ground control to major tom, I must be completely missing something here, are you suggesting RT is actually worth anything ::)...Nevermind their draft order my friend, here we have two talented juniors at the cross roads, and knowing what I know of RT Im backing BH to have more upside

Certainly am BJ.  He is has much much more currency in the AFL marketplace than Houli, regardless of what we Tiger supporters might think of him.  Its not about my opinion of either player's potential or upside, just about their relative monetary/trade value.