Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 334473 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #915 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »
Honestly the worst turnover I have ever seen. Brought his good game down to just a run in the mill game. No excuses when you hit an opposition forward on the tit directly in front with no one even 10 meters around him

Agreed I thought his game was great in therms of his rebound, pressure and effort but the hit up Jones when noone was around him just sticks out. As you have mentioned Yeahright a great game was downgraded by that one error.

tony_montana

« Reply #916 on: April 14, 2013, 10:27:02 PM »
It seemed to take the wind out his sails bc to that point his run and rebound was tearing the dogs a new one. Didnt notice him much after that

TigerTimeII

« Reply #917 on: April 14, 2013, 10:30:56 PM »
one of those freaky things .. I think he somehow thought Jones was in a Tigers jumper.. one mistake who cares... big worry is rance.. let a no body beat him.. wait til we play norf and rance plays Petrie into form

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #918 on: April 14, 2013, 11:31:46 PM »
one of those freaky things .. I think he somehow thought Jones was in a Tigers jumper.. one mistake who cares... big worry is rance.. let a no body beat him.. wait til we play norf and rance plays Petrie into form

Not sure Jones beat him, but Rance definitively didn't look good falling over a lot. At best Rance broke even

TigerTimeII

« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2013, 06:28:30 AM »
he kicked 4 goals from a low.scoring side
could have had 6 .. he beat rance hands down and be is a.m. body
cloke will monster rance next week.. hope Chaplin or Grimes play on cloke cos if rance does cloke will kick 10

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:30 AM »
Really good game apart from that one error.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #921 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:28 AM »
I just thought that "kick" was a mis-kick, a shank nothing sinsiter just a skill error
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #922 on: April 15, 2013, 07:21:37 AM »
I just thought that "kick" was a mis-kick, a shank nothing sinsiter just a skill error

X2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
Perfect Tigers a surprise for Houli
Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Monday, April 15, 2013

BACHAR Houli admits he didn't expect the Tigers to enter round four undefeated but says playing for each other is behind their recent success.

Richmond's 67-point win over the Western Bulldogs on Sunday was its third in a row after beating Carlton and St Kilda in previous weeks.

Houli, who was one of the Tigers' best at Etihad Stadium, said the players definitely felt like the wheel had turned as far as their place in the competition was concerned.

"To be quote honest, I didn't really expect to be 3-0 but it's just great to see the momentum building and to see that we're winning close games," Houli told AFL.com.au.

"It's great to see the players are playing together and are playing for each other.

"You see people looking after each other by handballing and bringing people into the game and that's the environment we want to create here at Tigerland.

"It's very, very promising, and you know what? Teams out there are going to fear us and why wouldn't they? We're gelling really well as a group and we're moving forward.

"Our confidence is really high. We know we can get the job done, it's just about sustaining it for four consistent quarters and today was that."

Houli said becoming more defensively minded had become a major goal for the Tigers, as had running out games well.

In the first two matches, they've allowed their opponents to remain in the game instead of putting them away.

But on Sunday, they kicked 13 goals after half-time to the Bulldogs' seven to turn a 32-point lead to a 67-point win.

"We've come a long way. We've made it a massive focus this year, not only up forward but in defence and in the midfield," he said.

"When you haven't got the ball, it's time to locate the opposition and slow them down and turn the ball over."

Meanwhile, Houli had a moment to forget in the third quarter when he marked in the defensive pocket and attempted to kick across the face of goal to a teammate.

Instead of hitting a Tiger, he perfectly lined up an unmanned Liam Jones and gave the Bulldog a set shot directly in front, which he converted.

"It was all planned. I still hit a target," he joked.

"The boys got into me before when we talking in the hot and colds. They were saying there were a few guys who were really effective and didn't turn the ball over.

"I said, 'My efficiency was really good', and they all stopped and looked at me.

"I just started cracking up. It's one of those things that will happen probably once every two years and we had a bit of a laugh about it and I'm sure we will again during the week."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-15/perfect-tigers-a-surprise

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:16 AM »
Different role for Houli this year. Far more accountable defensively. Probably getting less of the ball and has a lower efficiency rating as a result. Didn't think it was his best game though...

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »

Bloody oath it was a miss-kick. If he was deliberately spotting up Jones then we got real problems.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #926 on: April 15, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
Doesn't like body contact,But thats not what he;s in the side for.Leave that too Morris.

tony_montana

« Reply #927 on: April 15, 2013, 12:48:23 PM »
Different role for Houli this year. Far more accountable defensively. Probably getting less of the ball and has a lower efficiency rating as a result. Didn't think it was his best game though...

Was his best for the year imo,  but career wise yeah agree

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:11 PM »
he kicked 4 goals from a low.scoring side
could have had 6 .. he beat rance hands down and be is a.m. body
cloke will monster rance next week.. hope Chaplin or Grimes play on cloke cos if rance does cloke will kick 10

But he didn't kick them all on Rance is the thing. I'm actually one that sort of agrees with you, needs to improve if we want to be the good sides.
I don't think anyone was saying it was more than a miss kick. It was just a terrible terrible miss kick

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »
joel bowden would often pin point passes to the opposition. in fact there is not a player in the league ( who has played a decent number of game) who hasn't done it.

its just that in this it resulted directly in a goal
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI