Author Topic: Luxbet officially our new major co-sponsor  (Read 50479 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AIG sponsorship falls over
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2008, 05:23:19 AM »
Not Damien Barrett though WP.

"The Western Bulldogs, Melbourne and Richmond remain without a major sponsor for 2009, a worrying situation and one difficult to overcome given the global financial crisis."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24626354-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AIG sponsorship falls over
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2008, 12:10:45 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
New major sponsor news [merged]
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2008, 04:24:54 AM »
Dr Zoidberg on Bigfooty found this RFC advert to attract a sponsor on online B&T:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/941271/richmond_ad.png.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: New major sponsor news [merged]
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2008, 04:19:22 AM »
Still no new sponsor  :-\

Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs have yet to sign new major sponsors, while Richmond has yet to sell the sponsorship space on the back of its jumper.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/afl-freezes-2009-ticket-prices/2008/11/20/1226770644998.html

Ramps

« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
Anything less than $1.0 million a year from the 2nd sponsor would in my opinion be a failure. The club needs to ensure that it doesnt devalue the brand. Richmond is a good brand, whilst Dick Smith may be the bigger sponsor, we should ensure that whoever comes on board pays a fair and reasonable price. The rumours of $800,000 a year being the number required by us, shows that we are not really valueing our brand at its proper value. Indeed I would have thought $1.2 million to $1.3 million would be about the proper rate.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »
Anything less than $1.0 million a year from the 2nd sponsor would in my opinion be a failure. The club needs to ensure that it doesnt devalue the brand. Richmond is a good brand, whilst Dick Smith may be the bigger sponsor, we should ensure that whoever comes on board pays a fair and reasonable price. The rumours of $800,000 a year being the number required by us, shows that we are not really valueing our brand at its proper value. Indeed I would have thought $1.2 million to $1.3 million would be about the proper rate.

as always with things economic, it is a matter of demand and supply ;)

Offline rbartlett

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »

as reported on my site, i know that the club has been talking to Dodo, about sponsorship.
who knows what will come of that.

- rhett bartlett
www.rhettrospective.com

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »

as reported on my site, i know that the club has been talking to Dodo, about sponsorship.
who knows what will come of that.

- rhett bartlett
www.rhettrospective.com
Cheers for that Rhett  :cheers.

Dodo would be good. Advertise it as "Tiger fans - give the opposition the bird". We might get a member's discount with it too  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2008, 06:59:59 PM »
certainly good.  but u would imagine it being more of a minor sponsor than a co-major sponsor.  dunno if dodo would have the means to fork over around 1 million per year

but from the wrap up of steven wright's interview the other day, he seems pretty confident we're pick up sponsors, in the process of talkign to a couple

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2008, 12:09:44 AM »
Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, Primus and iiNet have many more customers than Dodo. Perhaps a reason to sponsor to grab more market share? They also need to improve their public relations after a slap on the wrist: http://business.theage.com.au/business/dodos-public-relations-stuck-on-the-ground-20081022-56g2.html

If we get anything more than the $800k we were apparently getting from AFG the club will be doing cartwheels. Most clubs in the current climate are conservatively budgetting for zero growth across all revenue streams.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:54 AM »
If I was to give the club any advice it would be to approach those companies that already see value in sports sponsorship meaning they already have commitments in Horse racing, car racing, stadium naming rights ..deals in other countries with sporting teams...this narrows the scope to those companies that are inclined to see merit in a sports sponsorship as there are many that dont...All that said...dodo have had long associations in car racing , so may be a good move for a broad minded approach...I reckon we may be lucky to get 800k...However Id be happy with 2/3 of that under the circumstances and we have already mitigated any shortfall with a game scheuled in GC
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2008, 01:54:16 PM »
no sponsor.

now let me see who was that loser on here who predicted a new sponsor about 6 weeks????

fool and you know who u r
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2008, 03:30:21 PM »

as always with things economic, it is a matter of demand and supply ;)

In the immortal words of Bill Clinton when he was running for the President "It's about the Economy Stupid" and in 2008 going into 2009 it certainly is.

The way things are at the moment the harsh reality is that the economy will determine how much we get. It wont be a case of "not valuing the brand at its proper value". Corporates are watching their $$$$ and who can blame them.

As I've said we are already at an advantage than the other 2 AFL clubs who don't have any form of majorsponsor, at least we have a major in Dick Smith.

If we get anything more than the $800k we were apparently getting from AFG the club will be doing cartwheels. Most clubs in the current climate are conservatively budgetting for zero growth across all revenue streams.

Exactly ..... see above

"It's about the economy stupid"  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
If I was to give the club any advice it would be to approach those companies that already see value in sports sponsorship meaning they already have commitments in Horse racing, car racing, stadium naming rights ..deals in other countries with sporting teams...this narrows the scope to those companies that are inclined to see merit in a sports sponsorship as there are many that dont...All that said...dodo have had long associations in car racing , so may be a good move for a broad minded approach...I reckon we may be lucky to get 800k...However Id be happy with 2/3 of that under the circumstances and we have already mitigated any shortfall with a game scheuled in GC
I guess it depends on how long we predict this downturn to last. If things are expected to improve by 2010 then we may consider taking what we can get for one year and then renegogiate for a better deal in 12 months time more in line with what we want.

Anyway let's hope Wright is right and the couple of leads we have are genuinely interested and don't bail out at the last minute like AIG did.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2008, 06:16:28 PM »
no sponsor.

now let me see who was that loser on here who predicted a new sponsor about 6 weeks????

fool and you know who u r

If you're talking to me have the guts to direct it at me you gutless twerp.  I have already addressed it on here anyway and haven't gone out my way to hide in the caves.  Still have no problem with the situation though and am not surprised given the financial crisis that things with the likely sponsor went belly up like plenty of things are.

Carry on.
EAT EM ALIVE!