Author Topic: No Doz  (Read 4799 times)

2JD

Re: No Doz
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 09:02:25 AM »
Are these tablets like guarana?  Didn't some girl die or have a heart attack after having one of those guarana drinks like volt or red bull?

I think there's a big difference from having a pain killer in the knee compared to a caffeine tablet.  You don't need the caffeine tablet - whatever happened to natural adrenalin?
Yeah I remember, that Julz, but she did have some sort of medical condition, and the way she and her friends were drinking it was wrong, mixing it with alcohol at a night club because they were dancing, getting hot and thirsty, drinking red bull, which dehydrates because of the caffene, dancing, getting hot, drinking more and so on and on, bad combinations.
I have a bottle of V everyday at work which wakes me up, but dont have one on holidays or weekends, dunno if its real or imagined, but it works for me :)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Connolly apologises for attack on Wallace
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2005, 04:28:05 AM »
Connolly apologises for attack on Wallace
By Stathi Paxinos
The Age
May 15, 2005

Fremantle coach Chris Connolly yesterday apologised to Richmond's Terry Wallace, saying he was wrong and had made a "big mistake" in labelling Wallace's stance against AFL players' use of caffeine as grandstanding.

Connolly made a stinging attack on Wallace a week ago saying the Tigers coach had no right taking the moral high ground on the issue because he did not possess a clean track record himself. He claimed Wallace had sent players out to bash opponents when coach of the Western Bulldogs.

Wallace, who was disappointed some of his players had used caffeine tablets, had said he would back any AFL move to ban their use because it looked bad for the game.

Connolly yesterday told radio station 3AW he had made the comments when the club, which Connolly last week acknowledged sanctioned the players' use of caffeine tablets under medical supervision, had been under siege since revelations about Dockers star Matthew Pavlich's use of the tablets.

He said he had thought at the time that Wallace had been trying to stir up trouble, but had come to realise he was "wrong, there's no question about that".

"At that point in time I made a big mistake, I was very aggressive towards Terry Wallace because I thought he'd re-started the thing we were trying to put to bed and (I) went on in an aggressive nature," Connolly said. "I'm sorry for that and I've spoken to Terry at length."

Connolly said his comments about the club's use of caffeine tablets had been taken out of context and he was referring only to his own players using caffeine under strict medical supervision.

"I thought I was misquoted, I was talking specifically about our players (and) the things we do in an AFL environment," Connolly said.

"We wouldn't expect anyone outside an AFL environment to do any of these things and I went on at length to try and explain that and then, of course, a snippet was taken out and passed onto a lady at the Australian Medical Association who has really painted a poor picture of myself and the club in terms of promoting caffeine to just about anybody - and that couldn't be any further from the truth."

Connolly also said he was wrong for accusing Wallace of sending his players out to bash the opposition. "They were very aggressive at the Western Bulldogs and to be successful in AFL football you've got to be super aggressive."

Meanwhile, AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou yesterday also told 3AW he had received worrying feedback from junior clubs that talk of the use of caffeine tablets had become all the rage among young players.

"We know in the last two to three weeks of junior clubs where one of the major discussion points at training has been the use of No-Doz," Demetriou said.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/05/14/1116024407262.html?oneclick=true

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2005, 04:31:09 AM »
Only because he has been shown up for the goose he is - Shove ur apology where the sun don't shine mate

Moi

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2005, 10:06:13 AM »
It was a decent enough apology, CUB - have to give him some credit for that
But agree he was a goose.
Saw the AMA lady on Whiteline Fever - she ripped into Connolly in no uncertain terms.  He should have kept his big mouth shut!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Caffeine ban debate (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 01:44:24 AM »
This will affect Browny if he is still using No Doz.

-----------------------

Caffeine ban debate
10 June 2006   Herald Sun
Jim Wilson

THE push to have caffeine tablets banned from elite sport, including the AFL, is back on the agenda with world anti-doping authorities.

The Herald Sun has learnt the World Anti-Doping Agency is seriously considering putting caffeine back on the banned drug list.

WADA's biggest issue with caffeine is athletes mixing the drug with pseudoephedrine to dramatically increase stimulation.

"Certainly the cocktail is of major concern to all of us and it's something we are closely monitoring across a range of sports," WADA executive general David Howman said last night from Canada.

"We are worried about it and the combination of the two substances is an interesting phenomenon."

The use of caffeine tablets in the AFL was highlighted last year when several high-profile players admitted they took them as stimulants on match days.

Herald Sun sports medicine expert Dr Peter Larkins said last night that caffeine would probably go back on the banned list.

The world drug agency will discuss caffeine use at a meeting in September when it may decide to ban the drug and include it on next year's prohibited list.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19420583%255E19742,00.html