Author Topic: Tiger critics off mark - Wallace  (Read 6372 times)

Moi

Re: Tiger critics off mark - Wallace
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2007, 09:19:47 AM »
The Richard Pratt/Carlton situation is completely different to the RFC. Pratt was bought in the fix the off filed stuff and yep he is doing it and granted it is clearly having an effect on the playing group.

Appointing new coaches like we've done a few mid-term have had a positive effect on the playing group as well.  But it's usually short-term and, like Carlton, we've struggled afterwards to maintain that. 
If there are rumblings at the club after a couple of losses, and who can't see the long term vision of where this club is going, I'd be pretty peeed off.  Richmond people really are pretty soft!  :banghead

letsgetiton!

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
  Richmond people really are pretty soft!  :banghead

just like the players lol  :rollin :rollin :rollin

anyway im sticking with the team even though i have conceded defeat this yr, we wont get any where near teh 8 this yr

but i want changes

i want to see 2 things happen

1/ i want to see terry focus 100% on coaching the team, and i mean 100%, no media bs, and more hands on coaching, he sits back and watches too much. the players themselves in that survey even requested that they wanted terry to spend more time on teh training track coaching them!!!!

2/ greg miller must be sacked from the board and have nothing to do with the RFC! he is a fake, phony and w@nker! greg miller must go

3/ we need richmond ppl at the club, not ex bulldog hacks and terry's friends, we need ppl there that love richmond

if these 3 things happen i guarantee we will have success

Tigermonk

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
Knobel, Hall and Hartigan arent in or best 22 and would struggle to get a game anywhere.

thats a funny answer there jackstar thats why when they are fit there always in our side thats top 22
why do they get games if they are not up there with the rest its not cause they are replacing players its them always being replaced by youngsters
Hall when fit is a very good player can take on anyone of the tall forwards of other sides his proved this before
Hartigan is working his way back he was having one of his best games when injured ( Hamstring ) & we were all playing well when he went off the ground the backline crumpled in a heap we lost the game from a commanding lead & Hartigan also broke his leg last year but supporters like yourself will blame the player not what he goes through to give ya a precious win so he is being eased back he knows whats required & can do the task
Knobel would be supporting Simmonds when his fit he would be in the top 22 most of the time & when he was fit the team was playing better football
Ruckmen are hard to come by as you will see most of them aint multi skilled & have trouble kicking & drop marks often but maybe so would l if my arms were 6 foot in front of me & you got someone like Tivendale shooting his rockets at you that can take ya fingers back & wind ya
infact these 3 players would be in any of my Richmond sides if 100% fit
Ruckmen are there for fitness to work the ground having 2 is perfect most of the time Simmonds drops a mark is because the poor bloke is exhausted & fatigued
in my personal opinion Joel Bowden is being given tasks he should not be given he is one of the leagues best sweepers if Richmond wanted to help the backline last year l would have recruited Austin Jones as l admire the guy in the way he cleared the ball from the backline at St-kilda & was able to switch play quickly & he was dubbed a player who was not of AFL standards ( proved them wrong ) but what he did & the ease & time he had which is a huge problem we are having is catching the other teams out in there backhalf cause while we are chiping & going sideways thier just running back maning up Richo 2 on 1 when Shultz should be comming down ground to gather the ball and kick the blooding thing over Richo & them 2 defenders & scoring goals not sitting back trying to take a spec over the pack & you can blame TW for that & the forward coach for not implying that
hall taking the big defender postion of Bowden with a style like Dustin Fletcher with his gangly arms & style would suit our smaller defenders & midfielders like foley, deledio, l'm not naming the rest but our defenders are always going the mark not the punch cause if that ball hit the ground you got Deledio, Foley, Raines gathering
So it always Boils back to the backline thats why we miss Rayzor Hall he can take them on because Gasper needs support & he is needing more now while he is just comming into form
most of the goals kick against us are mistakes from the overwork backline cause the forwards aint do enough in trying to keep the ball in the forward 50
Look at the Coliingwood game the first half was brilliant apart from missing easy goals the skunks would have never won had we kicked them first half goals

anyway time for work but l finish with this and many who know me have seen posts of mine other the years about this & that is if you play broken & unfit players you deserve to lose cause it lowers the moral of other players who are fit to play be it a youngster or whatever any professional taking the side must be 100% because your holding up the career of another player who might just prove he is a bit better the door opens this is what holds clubs back from blooding youngsters
Johnson is not 100% nor is Tuck & a few others & that purely shows that if your winning most of the game & crumble its because there playing broken players & not capable of playing 4 quarters af hard football no wonder Johnson has made so many turnovers but thats the coaches fault & the player taking the field thinking his better than he is that he better than anyone else that can do his task & that lowers moral at clubs who lose constantly

Tigermonk

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »
  Richmond people really are pretty soft!  :banghead

just like the players lol  :rollin :rollin :rollin

anyway im sticking with the team even though i have conceded defeat this yr, we wont get any where near teh 8 this yr

but i want changes

i want to see 2 things happen

1/ i want to see terry focus 100% on coaching the team, and i mean 100%, no media bs, and more hands on coaching, he sits back and watches too much. the players themselves in that survey even requested that they wanted terry to spend more time on teh training track coaching them!!!!

2/ greg miller must be sacked from the board and have nothing to do with the RFC! he is a fake, phony and w@nker! greg miller must go

3/ we need richmond ppl at the club, not ex bulldog hacks and terry's friends, we need ppl there that love richmond

if these 3 things happen i guarantee we will have success

thats not good X if the players are requesting TW more on the training track the board should inforce he be there 100% at all times l never seen that servey but l must go work to be done go burn some fat of the fat chics  :thumbsup

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »
Another factor that has aided Carlton no end TS is having a certain Mr.Richard Pratt as the prez.That man knows how to conduct business,has a huge input into the running of the club, and looks after the players like they are his own family.His influence has been enormous and i believe we need a person of his stature at our club.
Another factor that has aided Carlton no end TS is having a certain Mr.Richard Pratt as the prez.That man knows how to conduct business,has a huge input into the running of the club, and looks after the players like they are his own family.His influence has been enormous and i believe we need a person of his stature at our club.

Sounds good to me Tigertailz. :thumbsup

The good thing about Pratt is that he seems to have an understanding of the footy culture and also has a great affinity for his Club.

Best of all, he doesn't waste much time telling everyone what he's going to do, he just does it.

Wonder if there's a Richmond supporting equivalent out there. :pray

Just between you and me TS,there is a definite equivalent out there and discussions have been taking place during the last week in regards to making it a reality.Lets all keep up the prayers! :pray :pray :pray
Not Crazy John?  :-\
No not Crazy John...havent heard his name mentioned for a while now....
Just between you and me TS,there is a definite equivalent out there and discussions have been taking place during the last week in regards to making it a reality.Lets all keep up the prayers! :pray :pray :pray

Gee Tigertailz I've gotta say I hope this isn't true (although Caro did make reference to it on Monday night) the off field side of the  club is fine e.g the finances etc so IMHO there is no need for a change at this level isn't the the answer. The problems we have right now are on field and I doubt very much that an off field revolution is going to fix it. March and the board + Steve Wright are not the ones out there kicking the footy and not following the game plan - that's the players.

The Richard Pratt/Carlton situation is completely different to the RFC. Pratt was bought in the fix the off filed stuff and yep he is doing it and granted it is clearly having an effect on the playing group.

WP i wish it were true that the off field was ok...(as far as i know financially yes thats fine)
..but within a week i have heard 2 separate sources(who i highly rate as genuine and sincere) comment on the dramas taking place within the hierachy that its hard to refute or ignore and its got me wondering particularly after the wilson/miller intereview what on earth is taking place and what is being withheld and hidden away from the members and supporters