Author Topic: Player fitness  (Read 4028 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Player fitness
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »
In all seriousness - I think this is an area that does need addressing, actually probably a complete overhaul.

IIRC the current fitness people have been there for 8-9 years now - they were there when Spudley was coaching so perhaps it's time to look at new methods
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 11:05:35 AM »
U reckon we could get some eagles over when they retire.

Maybe a Cousins or a Braun  ;D

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »

why not

in this country u r innocent til proven guilty, these guys are all innocent  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »
In all seriousness - I think this is an area that does need addressing, actually probably a complete overhaul.

IIRC the current fitness people have been there for 8-9 years now - they were there when Spudley was coaching so perhaps it's time to look at new methods
They become quite defensive when asked about the size or lack of of our players.

Didn't Terry try to get them to increase some sessions from just 3 to 11 when he first arrived. Not sure what happened to that. As you say WP time for a change in our fitness and conditioning staff.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »
They become quite defensive when asked about the size or lack of of our players.

Didn't Terry try to get them to increase some sessions from just 3 to 11 when he first arrived. Not sure what happened to that. As you say WP time for a change in our fitness and conditioning staff.

I just reckon if they are going to boost spedning in the footy department they might as well chuck some $$ towards the fitness area.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 02:26:36 AM »
Obviously not enough gut-running fitness training, particularly during the preseason, at Punt Rd either ....

FORMER Essendon fitness guru Peter Power yesterday delivered a damning assessment of the Bombers' conditioning department.

"It is apparent that Essendon does not do enough hard gut-running fitness training, particularly in the pre-season sessions," Power said. "As a spectator, I note with sadness that unless Essendon is up by three to four goals at three-quarter time, they generally get run over in the final quarter. ....  the current Essendon team is not fit enough.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22207472%255E20322,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 03:09:50 PM »
Geelong showed what improvements can be made when you headhunt the best fitness and conditioning people.

GEELONG assistant coach Brenton Sanderson has lauded the role of club fitness gurus Paul Haines and Dean Robinson in the team's premiership success.

The Cats' fitness issues last season were well documented, culminating in the sacking of fitness adviser Loris Bertolacci.

Geelong raided the Adelaide Crows and the NRL for its new fitness team of Haines and Robinson.

Haines, who had worked with Neil Craig at the Crows for years, became strength and conditioning manager.

Robinson, from NRL club Manly, was put in charge of rehabilitation and strength.

Sanderson said the pair had been pivotal in the club's success.

"Those guys were probably instrumental in turning the club's fitness and conditioning around," Sanderson said.

"They played an enormous part. The boys had bigger, harder bodies this year and they just ran games out.

"Those guys pushed them hard in the pre-season and every player, if you went in there and asked them, would say it was the toughest summer they have had fitness wise and lifting wise.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22508561%255E19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
Hopefully this review includes our fitness and conditioning staff. We're the two quarter Tiges at the minute  :scream.

We need the new modern player and training facilities ASAP.

Ahead of your time CUB  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 08:32:26 AM »
more laps of the tan in order

Ramps

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »
Just my opinion but Daniel Conners looked liked he was no where near it fitness wise.

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 11:49:37 AM »
Conners was only one of six that looked like they ran out of steam to me.  Cotchin, Brown, Raines, Pettiter and Pattison looked below the level of fitness required.

Do you think the Match Committee is making those decisions on purpose?