Author Topic: Emma Quayle's Top 25 draftees (Age)  (Read 6932 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Emma Quayle's Top 25 draftees (Age)
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 11:04:16 AM »

& what if Melbourne take Martin  ;D  if Butcher goes after pick 10 l will drop of the forum & retire from football & become a passenger

Now way in the world butcher will slip past Port's two selections so i think your pretty safe there Monk
I think that if Richmond were planning on a KPP with their first pick then they probably would have taken sydneys offer of swapping picks 6 and 14 for 3. Theres every chance butcher will be available at 6, with North the only one likely to pick him before then. It would be a risk worth taking for the extra first rounder if you wanted to go that way.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »
I'm sorry TM I don't think Butchers kicking is convincing enough to be taking in the top of a Draft in front of Martin or even a Cunnington.

I would have no problem seeing Butcher out in the yellow and black, he'll be a very good player. I think we have to realize what we'll be missing out on in a Martin even Cunnington if we chose him ahead of them.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
On SEN's website today they are quoting Melbourne recruiting manager Barry Prendergast as saying that both Scully and Trengove have already been told of their draft order (1st or 2nd pick), so it looks certain now that Martin is coming to us.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »
I'm sorry TM I don't think Butchers kicking is convincing enough to be taking in the top of a Draft in front of Martin or even a Cunnington.

I would have no problem seeing Butcher out in the yellow and black, he'll be a very good player. I think we have to realize what we'll be missing out on in a Martin even Cunnington if we chose him ahead of them.
Yeah, the thing is it doesn't matter who you pick, you will always miss out on someone. There's always a chance that someone you overlook will end being a better player than your pick but the important thing is thatyour pick makes the grade, so that you can at least be grateful for what you got. Its when you overlook A grade players for duds that hurts.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »

Yeah, the thing is it doesn't matter who you pick, you will always miss out on someone. There's always a chance that someone you overlook will end being a better player than your pick but the important thing is thatyour pick makes the grade, so that you can at least be grateful for what you got. Its when you overlook A grade players for duds that hurts.

Spot on AL & we have recruited alot of duds over the last decade
instead of taking chances on youth we took old discarded players,  who gave nothing in later picks & PSD who also get discarded by RFC  ;D
RFC is known for paying retirement funds in the AFL, used abused & wornout then go to Richmond its easy money just ask McMahon  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »

& what if Melbourne take Martin  ;D  if Butcher goes after pick 10 l will drop of the forum & retire from football & become a passenger

Then we take Scully or Terngrove who ever is left and still be happy  ;D

Dead right, we will pick either Martin, Trengove or Scully, win win win for us which ever way.

Its not a win until they make the grade.
l seen many draftees who couldnot handle the training or living away from mummy  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
On SEN's website today they are quoting Melbourne recruiting manager Barry Prendergast as saying that both Scully and Trengove have already been told of their draft order (1st or 2nd pick), so it looks certain now that Martin is coming to us.
Yep. Pick 19 is more of interest now to us. The top 10 countdown is a waste of time. The first 7 picks are already known.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »
Yep. Pick 19 is more of interest now to us. The top 10 countdown is a waste of time. The first 7 picks are already known.

so ...

Scully, Trengove, "Aston" Martin, Morabito, Cunnington, Rohan, Jetta?

"SET IN STONE" Top 7?

:)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »

so ...

Scully, Trengove, "Aston" Martin, Morabito, Cunnington, Rohan, Jetta?

"SET IN STONE" Top 7?

:)
Well it was until tonight when now the Eagles are now tossing up between Jetta and Sheppard according to Emma. Hopefully they stick with Jetta.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 11:42:44 PM »

Then we take Scully or Terngrove who ever is left and still be happy  ;D

Dead right, we will pick either Martin, Trengove or Scully, win win win for us which ever way.

Its not a win until they make the grade.
l seen many draftees who couldnot handle the training or living away from mummy  ;D

Well surley TM we are due for some sort of luck regarding our recruits. I mean really we were in the position Melbourne (without pick 1&2 of course) are now a few years ago with 4 picks inside the top 20. We blew that other than Lids and Tambling so maybe the Dees will do the same and we will land it.

Fait mate faith... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Emma Quayle's First Round predictions (Age)
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2009, 06:40:38 AM »
First round predictions
November 26, 2009

Emma Quayle predicts how the first round of the AFL draft could pan out.

1 MELBOURNE - TOM SCULLY
2 MELBOURNE - JACK TRENGOVE

3 RICHMOND - DUSTIN MARTIN

VITAL INFORMATION: 18, from the Bendigo Pioneers, Castlemaine and Sydney club Campbelltown. 186cm, 88kg. Strong ballwinner with beautiful foot skills.
THE RATIONALE: He’s the next best player with an aggressive streak that will appeal to new coach Damien Hardwick. Will complement Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin and Richard Tambling nicely in the Tigers’ midfield.
BEST-LAID PLANS: If Scully or Trengove miraculously fell through, the Tigers would snaffl e either. That won’t happen. They will have looked very hard at both Anthony Morabito and John Butcher before settling on Martin.

4 FREMANTLE - ANTHONY MORABITO
5 NORTH MELBOURNE - BEN CUNNINGTON
6 SYDNEY - GARY ROHAN
7 WEST COAST - BRAD SHEPPARD
8 PORT ADELAIDE - JOHN BUTCHER
9 PORT ADELAIDE - JAKE MELKSHAM
10 ESSENDON - KANE LUCAS

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/first-round-predictions-20091125-jrvg.html