Author Topic: Emma Quayle's Top 25 draftees (Age)  (Read 6939 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Emma Quayle's Top 25 draftees (Age)
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »
Butcher will drop at #3  ;D

We would like like complete idiots to select him at 3, can't happen, we need to take the next best player and that is Martin... ;D

Your qualified to call people idiots  :rollin
How can you say Martin is the next best player ?   :lol you must watch all his games from WA  :lol

Actually after your comments asking me how I can say Martin is the next best player have qualified me to call YOU and idiot!! 99.9% of people, the experts and the whole AFL community say that he is the next best player and will go at 3, they are also saying that the Tigers have locked him in already. So go figure!! Lets wait until draft day shall we just to see if the RFC have the brains like the rest of the AFL teams to select the first best player they come accross.

So your telling everyone the Richmond football club have come out & have confirmed they will take Martin with Pick 3  :rollin fair dinkum your a fruitcake

Tigermonk

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »
TM Butcher is to big of a risk.

We're not in a position to have a pick 3 backfire.

Martin is a very very good player. Butcher may have a longer potential bar. But Martin has more certainty.

If we had pick 6 or 7 I'd be fine with going for Butcher but pick 3 you have to go with sure bets.

your 100% correct we cannot have our pick 3 backfire because our club really is depending on it.

Every draftee is a risk & some dont handle the step up & preasure too well or living away from mummy
Some dont take to the den mums to well or thier cooking & venture out to eat things not keeping to thier diets
Some are handfuls and get led astray  ;D & lads with different cultures find it even harder so anything can go wrong
well l'm happy to get Martin if his going to become another Ben Cousins & he will have a good teacher in Ben.
His build & skills are good & l'm not disputing anything about him or have l said anything negative about Martin, l just feel we need a taller body
l dont see Butcher as any risk as his fixed & ready to go 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »

It's a pity that he wont be around with our 2nd pick as it would be a good combo - mid-fielder & KP forward with our first 2 picks

Although I reckon we will go for a tall with our 2nd pick, it's a case of who is the best available at 19  :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »

We would like like complete idiots to select him at 3, can't happen, we need to take the next best player and that is Martin... ;D

How can you say Martin is the next best player ?   :lol you must watch all his games from WA  :lol

Actually after your comments asking me how I can say Martin is the next best player have qualified me to call YOU and idiot!! 99.9% of people, the experts and the whole AFL community say that he is the next best player and will go at 3, they are also saying that the Tigers have locked him in already. So go figure!! Lets wait until draft day shall we just to see if the RFC have the brains like the rest of the AFL teams to select the first best player they come accross.

So your telling everyone the Richmond football club have come out & have confirmed they will take Martin with Pick 3  :rollin fair dinkum your a fruitcake

I'm not a critic of Butcher and I think he has been way harshly judged but Gary March was reported a few weeks ago to have said we will be taking Martin at pick 3.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 05:58:26 PM »

It's a pity that he wont be around with our 2nd pick as it would be a good combo - mid-fielder & KP forward with our first 2 picks

Although I reckon we will go for a tall with our 2nd pick, it's a case of who is the best available at 19  :-\

Connerly ( ex Freo rookie delisted ) would be a good get,  his another Butcher but has better endurance, good hands & nice long kick, can play Ruck / Forward or Back

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:19 PM »

I'm not a critic of Butcher and I think he has been way harshly judged but Gary March was reported a few weeks ago to have said we will be taking Martin at pick 3.

& where did Gary March say this & who too
wouldnot surprise me with march he aint a good president & aint got the RFC in his best interest.
His interests are his own personal gain in buisness which his not very good at going off his previous ventures  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »

wouldnot surprise me with march he aint a good president & aint got the RFC in his best interest.
His interests are his own personal gain in buisness which his not very good at going off his previous ventures  ;D
Just to be accurate, Gary said Trengove or Martin at 3 but as Melbourne were and are picking Trengove then that means Martin is Richmond's man.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=10220.0

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »
Just back on the original topic, Emma Quayle seems to have the runs on the board when it comes to predicting juniors. 21 out of 25 in 2007 and 19 from 25 last year is a decent record. I like how she puts no spin on what she says about the draftees and on what club recruiters are telling her. Her and Burgan are the two best journos at this time of the year. You don't want to hear that every kid is the next Judd or Buddy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 09:29:32 PM by mightytiges »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 09:07:17 PM »
Until I joined this forum, I had never even heard of her. She definitely is not a token bimbo. She does her research and as MT says reports on what is what - No sensationalism. She puts a lot of her so called respected colleagues to shame, of both sexes :thumbsup
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »

Just to be accurate, Gary said Trengove or Martin at 3 but as Melbourne were and are picking Trengove then that means Martin is Richmond's man.

Anyone feel like some TM fruitcake.... :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 09:24:08 PM »

exactly he said one or the other, March dont have the say anyway. His just a check signer & a person who is weak when it comes to standing up & demanding better.
His a big mouth President who should have never got the job in the first place. Made some very bad decisions at the club & the sooner his out the better

As for Emma she does have a very good record & she gives Butcher big wraps

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »

exactly he said one or the other, March dont have the say anyway. His just a check signer & a person who is weak when it comes to standing up & demanding better.
His a big mouth President who should have never got the job in the first place. Made some very bad decisions at the club & the sooner his out the better

But he didn't say Butcher didn't he, so it is what I said it was and that is where I heard it so I am not a fruit cake and neither are the rest of the football community who agree that Martin IS the next best and we will select him....... that is from the horses mouth isn't it!!

Regarding Butcher, if he is available at pick 19 then bring him on what a great pick up he would be, but I think he will be snapped up by then unfortunately.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »

But he didn't say Butcher didn't he, so it is what I said it was and that is where I heard it so I am not a fruit cake and neither are the rest of the football community who agree that Martin IS the next best and we will select him....... that is from the horses mouth isn't it!!

Regarding Butcher, if he is available at pick 19 then bring him on what a great pick up he would be, but I think he will be snapped up by then unfortunately.

& what if Melbourne take Martin  ;D  if Butcher goes after pick 10 l will drop of the forum & retire from football & become a passenger

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »

& what if Melbourne take Martin  ;D  if Butcher goes after pick 10 l will drop of the forum & retire from football & become a passenger

Then we take Scully or Terngrove who ever is left and still be happy  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:02 AM »

Then we take Scully or Terngrove who ever is left and still be happy  ;D

Dead right, we will pick either Martin, Trengove or Scully, win win win for us which ever way.

"Rucks: