Author Topic: We'll be better than last year  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We'll be better than last year
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »

That's why I think all this talk of 'we'll go backwards because we had a huge list turnover of 10 players' is crap.

Yep, and that also means that almost all of those 22 are only kids who now have another year of maturity and development under their belts.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 03:53:36 PM »
Who will we finish above on the ladder

St kilda        Nope
Geelong       Nope
W. bulldogs  Nope
Collingwood  Nope
Adelaide      Nope
Brisbane      Nope
Carlton        Maybe ....get the feeling they might implode this year
Essendon     Maybe...we have beaten them 7 out of the last 9 times.

Hawthorn     Nope
Port            Doubtful but Williams will be under alot of pressure this year
W. Coast     Maybe...but they do have a huge home ground advantage
Sydney        Nope...I have given up waiting for the fall of Sydney
North          Maybe
Freo            Maybe....see W.Coast
Melbourne    Maybe..but they will be just as confident finishing above us.

Looks like another finish between 9th and 16th....My gut feeling suggests bottom 4 awaits.(hopefully for the last time for a while)

Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2010, 01:18:37 AM »
I really think we will surprise

We will finish 7th or 8th.
Improve out of sight
Who stole the real Jackstar  :gobdrop  ;D

I'm seriously expecting nothing more than a bottom 2 finish. Now that's not saying I'm not positive about Hardwick and our list in the future 2-3 years from now but as far as 2010 goes I can't see any other list worse than ours. We lack experience and body strength big time as a team and as a club we're in the middle of Punt Rd's redevelopment so we'll have to work around that as far as training goes. I'm just hoping we are competitive in most of our games and as far as a gameplan goes we work as a unit and attempt to play football with kicking rather than handballing as first option.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »
2010 Premiership Odds ....... Herald-Sun has us finishing 13-14th.

St Kilda    $3.80
Geelong    $4
Bulldogs    $7
Adelaide    $9
Coll'wood  $11
Hawthorn  $11
Brisbane   $13
Carlton     $17
-------------------
Essendon  $41
Sydney     $51
Port          $67
WCE         $67
North        $81
Richmond  $81
Fremantle  $101
Melbourne  $151

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »
Even little grade preps just starting school don't trust how we'll go lol

Morris, a Tigers supporter, said he was looking forward to “kicking the footy” at lunchtime.

“I also like to play cricket. Batting is my favourite,” Morris said.

Morris wouldn’t have seen much Richmond success and asked if the Tigers would win many games this year, he smiled, shrugged and said “dunno”.

http://port-phillip-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/prepped-for-first-year-at-port-melbourne-primary/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
AFL 2010 - Odds to make the top eight

Geelong -       $1.03
St Kilda -        $1.03
W.Bulldogs -   $1.10
Adelaide -       $1.15
Collingwood -  $1.20
Hawthorn -      $1.20
Brisbane  -      $1.25
Carlton -         $1.60
Essendon -      $3
Sydney   -        $3
Port Adelaide - $3.50
West Coast -   $3.50
Richmond -      $5.50
North Melb -    $5.50
Fremantle -     $6
Melbourne -     $6.50

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89422/default.aspx

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »
I would love to believe we are going to be better this year than last given we are more enthusiastic, have a better game plan, new group of talent, a new direct game plan, a more mature core group and a new coach focused on development and structure but....it's hard to imagine given the average age of our players and the players who retired.

I have to say though that any success we had, either through wins on positive performances on field, was driven by the young players we already have not the veterans that left. Bowden won a few game from single acts yet it was the rest of the youthful team that got him into the position that he could take advantage of the situation. Browny, Pettifier and Johnson did nothing and Richo was absent most of the season. The others were dead weight so really perhaps we should expect improvement as players such as Martin and Astbury will contribute to team success and others are sure to step up unexpectedly (Roberts, Polak...??).

So maybe this year will be a step up. Either way I'm looking forward to taking the journey.

Stripes

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »
For me anything more than 5 wins and finishing out of the bottom 3 would be a bonus.
All I want to see is the kids get genuine game time. The kids that will lead our assault in Septembers in the years to come. :thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 11:02:57 PM »
Man! You guys are really trying to get my hopes up aren't you.

After my expectations last year were blown out of the water in round 1 and the nail in the seasons coffin delivered by the Dees (Round 4)? I just can't do it to myself any more.

Just hopefully looking forward to watching some players step up and some young fellas showing they are more than just athletes.

Hitting some targets and standing up for each other will be signs I hope to see.

I just can no figure some of the comments, particulary from Jack Riewoldt and co about the changes going into this year.

Either the whole coaching panel was totally inept at best and even with that being said the players have their own minds and could of shown more off their own bats during the season. Just hope 'mentally' they can get over it and move on to a more proactive type of game.
Doesn't matter if we have a new game plan, have we the cattle to implement it - Looks like with Hardwick around we wont have to wait long to find out, let's just hope we dont run out of players while we are finding out.

Expectations - NIL
Watching, supporting and hoping - Allways

And don't worry about Jackstar guys, wont take long for him to turn once we are under the pump  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 11:04:40 PM »
Reality hits like a sledgehammer  :-\. At least everyone at the club is reminded where we are at and what is required to be done. A bottom finish is on the cards but on the bright side another top 4 pick comes with it. We need more of the Martin and Cotch class type of player we can get our hands on.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
Statistically we may be may be worse than last season and win less than 5. However game time in the kids shrewd trading with GC and the delisting/ retirement of at least a minimum of 10 players would be seen as another move for the future also. Hopefully we will finish bottom and get pick 4.