Author Topic: We'll be better than last year  (Read 6782 times)

Ox

Re: We'll be better than last year
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
Quote from: jackstar is back again on Today at 09:01:44 am
I really think we will surprise

U just made me feel all fuzzy and warm...just like when i hear a good joke. :cheers

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »
In short - we're fahked!
You're post, as usual, gave me a good laugh! ;D
I dont think we look at wins as the sole means of judging improvements! No blow outs(10 goals plus), improvement in numbers from the younger blokes, a never say die attitude etc. should be the KPI for this year!

I'll go along with that GR12.
Now we jut have to do it.
On the other hand,what r the chances we will elude 10 goal canings,.. ?
There will be a sprinkling of 10 goal hidings in 2010 for certain!

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
In short - we're fahked!
You're post, as usual, gave me a good laugh! ;D
I dont think we look at wins as the sole means of judging improvements! No blow outs(10 goals plus), improvement in numbers from the younger blokes, a never say die attitude etc. should be the KPI for this year!

I'll go along with that GR12.
Now we jut have to do it.
On the other hand,what r the chances we will elude 10 goal canings,.. ?

I would love to be confident enough to say we wont get any, im just realistic enough to think we may still get a couple his year. Fewer the next and after that if 50% of the kids in the team are comming along nicely i think we will start being a good solid team again.

the claw

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »
will we be better than last yr? sheesh i bloody hope so. will we improve on the ladder ? probably not. may even go backwards ladder wise.
do people not expect other sides not to improve as well.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 12:38:40 AM »
2-5 wins would be what most scribes would have us at. Unlikely but then again not impossible.

6-10 wins is the most realistic figure. We will improve but the kids will need time to gel learn and gain experience.

10-14 wins would mean a possible overachieving from the list but would have us in the 6-10 ladder possie.

14-18 wins. No hope.

2012-13 is my realistic view of when we will break into the 8 and be a consistent top 8 side. 2014-15 is when the flag assault will be at its peak should this current crop realise their potential.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »

do people not expect other sides not to improve as well.

Some will, some won't.  That's how it is every single season.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »
I honestly believe we will achieve 10-14 wins.
Reason behind this is that will have implemented a simple game plan .( unlike the last 5 years  :banghead ;))
Players like Collins and Post will make huge improvements.
If Simmonds can be injury free for the season, it will allow the likes of Vickery to develop .
Also the coaching panel is extremely diverse now, gone have all the spin kings, ala Wallace, King and ""I love this club and the players Rawlings "" LOL
Wait and see

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 12:36:53 PM »
I agree with Jackstar here - I think the players will respond positively with the simple game defensive plan and team first focus. We have removed many of our older passengers but left the core of the team and included a plethora of competing talent. Reputations are meaningless and with a new coach the slate has been wiped clean for everyone. We have a single minded long term focus driven by the CEO down to the coach. The core is maturing and strengthening. All bodes well for the season. I don't expect finals but I do expect that we will be a much more capable team. Expect a much more disciplined unit.

I just hope we win more of our home/melbourne games so my son can actually see a win live this year!  :pray

Stripes

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
Well I have seen something I never thought I would see;

Jackstar being positive, maybe there is some hope for this year after all

Gigantor

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
jack as much as i think posty is a huge talent.do you really think that dramatic improvement can be made after only 6 games.wouldnt it be a case of him still finding his legs this year.
Then again he just be one out of the box,as hearing dermie last year sing his praises.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
jack as much as i think posty is a huge talent.do you really think that dramatic improvement can be made after only 6 games.wouldnt it be a case of him still finding his legs this year.
Then again he just be one out of the box,as hearing dermie last year sing his praises.

Wait and see

jackstar is back again

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
I agree with Jackstar here - I think the players will respond positively with the simple game defensive plan and team first focus. We have removed many of our older passengers but left the core of the team and included a plethora of competing talent. Reputations are meaningless and with a new coach the slate has been wiped clean for everyone. We have a single minded long term focus driven by the CEO down to the coach. The core is maturing and strengthening. All bodes well for the season. I don't expect finals but I do expect that we will be a much more capable team. Expect a much more disciplined unit.

I just hope we win more of our home/melbourne games so my son can actually see a win live this year!  :pray

Stripes

You hit the nail on the head there Stripes.
Being driven by the CEO through the club.
Previous CEO couldnt even pick up a hammer, LOL

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
Please don't start posting here too, MT.  It's my one refuge from your posts.

:lol

Need to start up another site.

20 million Richmond sites with 2 in each so we can agree with each other.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
If we base things on our top 22 stat getters from 2009 to see what has changed for 2010 .....

Of our top 22 possession winners last year we've lost three players - Bowden (10th), Brown (16th), Coughlan (22nd)

Of our top 22 2009 goalkickers we've lost a total of 28 goals - Brown (16 goals), Richo (9 goals), Bowden (3 goals)

As far as the top 22 last year in tackles we've lost only Coughlan (17th).

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2008/Statistics/tabid/6315/Default.aspx

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 01:04:44 PM »
If we base things on our top 22 stat getters from 2009 to see what has changed for 2010 .....

Of our top 22 possession winners last year we've lost three players - Bowden (10th), Brown (16th), Coughlan (22nd)

Of our top 22 2009 goalkickers we've lost a total of 28 goals - Brown (16 goals), Richo (9 goals), Bowden (3 goals)

As far as the top 22 last year in tackles we've lost only Coughlan (17th).

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2008/Statistics/tabid/6315/Default.aspx

That's why I think all this talk of 'we'll go backwards because we had a huge list turnover of 10 players' is crap.

Hughes, Schulz, JON, Pettifer and Pattison were crap. All Coburg players, I don't want to jinx the boy but Martin should be instantly better than any of these guys.

Richo was getting on but will be a loss.

Bowden, Brown, Johnson and Coughlan weren't up to it anymore.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do