Author Topic: Its time for some cuts and some retirements  (Read 6216 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Its time for some cuts and some retirements
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 09:24:55 PM »
scoreboard mighten matter but possessing the ball does, you have to win the footy.
melbourne had 100 more possesions, and Melbourne are bad, enough said.

X, stop sticking up for Tambling 7 kicks and 5 handballs against a terrible team aint good.
I watched him walking down the ground when the opposition were attacking , he seemed to not care less.
Whats sad is a first season player like Nason run past him to try and pick up Tamblings opponent.
Dont know what Richards problem is, maybe he just cant play.
Will also say the club hasnt helped him, as they dont know where to play him.
Does anyone know where he plays, I certainly dont.

try him in the centre - doesnt matter anyway if the rumours are right hes headed elsewhere come the end of the season.

hey Ramps, do you know where he is playing ?? I dont

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »
Problem is this.
Vickery aint going to make.
Seems like a "'protected "" player due to his Dads involvement.
Interesting fact that during his TAC career, he averaged 6 possesions a game, shouldnt of been drafted in the first place :banghead :banghead.

He was HOPELESS today, remember Melbourne only played 1 ruckman ( Jamar), and had Dunne up against Vickery  ::)

You are an idiot  8)
Couldn't be happier with Vickery's last 3 weeks in the ruck. Are you comparing him to Natanui?

Will go on record, he wont make it.
Griffiths will be playing in 4 weeks time and will be ahead of him at years end.

He already has made it. Be prepared for a 12+ year career. Sorry to say  8)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »
try him in the centre - doesnt matter anyway if the rumours are right hes headed elsewhere come the end of the season.

Rumours? I love rumours - they are rarely true but they are good for a laugh  ;D ;) ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »
tambling has been asked to do a different role this yr, hardwick is not unhappy with him, nor am i, sopme ppl who allegedly know it all know f all

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »

Rumours? I love rumours - they are rarely true but they are good for a laugh  ;D ;) ;)

I heard a rumor that my feet were were hanging out the end of bed. Last night i got up and had a look. They weren't.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »
Problem is this.
Vickery aint going to make.
Seems like a "'protected "" player due to his Dads involvement.
Interesting fact that during his TAC career, he averaged 6 possesions a game, shouldnt of been drafted in the first place :banghead :banghead.
He was HOPELESS today, remember Melbourne only played 1 ruckman ( Jamar), and had Dunne up against Vickery  ::)
You are an idiot  8)
Couldn't be happier with Vickery's last 3 weeks in the ruck. Are you comparing him to Natanui?
Will go on record, he wont make it.
Griffiths will be playing in 4 weeks time and will be ahead of him at years end.

Well one is a ruckman and the other a forward so not sure of the comparison. For a 19 year old ruckman he is ahead of schedule.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2010, 09:59:13 PM »

They aint many postives, been competitive would be a positive, but we aint

Were we at the same game  ???

Let me see first qtr - were we competitive  ??? Yep we were

2qtr - competitive ? Hmmm yeah I think we were, would go as far as to say we should have bloody well been in front

3rd - competitive ? NOPE, NADA, NO, NOT AT ALL

4th Qtr ? Well considering we didn't get blown away by 90 points - I'd say yep they had a dip

Let me make this very clear... I hate going every week and loosing, I am flying to Perth next weekend and I am filled with dread but our results are exactly where the majority of people on this very forum said they would be so get a grip and deal with it.

For sure it aint pretty but it is what it is...

If you hate it so much then just don't go - it is that simple

Personally I took some real positive signs out of today's game and if people dont' want to acknowledge them then that's their problem

If people didn't think Astbury showed something, that Nason could be one of the best late picks of the '09 draft, that Martin is a pure gem, that Cotchin is a natural born leader or that simply our kids are going to get better the more games they play then you just don't want to see any positives

spot on, its unfortunate someone likes to create hysteria.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »
Dunn rucked more against Simo and  maybe once or twice against Vickery - yep I watched the whole game.

I thought Vickery was pretty good, he stood up to a monster ruckman in Jamar, won his fair share of tap outs, had a pysical presence, mixed it in the packs- so what if he didnt get 20 plus stats -  how many seasons has he played anyway.

I didnt mind how we played for three quarters today, our side was basically an under 21 side and I take my hat off  the the coaches and management for sticking with the plan that its all about development and culture and not the short term fixes that some seem to think are a good idea but history has proved will only make your side mediocre at best. Get used to the pain for a year or two.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2010, 10:36:42 PM »

there is a great rumour going around about footy boots, thought it wasnt true, until I seen the boots in question, interesting to say the least

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 12:19:44 AM »
Jack,

Predicting the future again...

By all means have an opinion but to say a 19 year old ruckman wont make the grade is laughable. On what basis? He is mentally imperied not to develop his football brain? He is physically imparied that he wont develop his body his fitness and his strength to be a better ruckman? Stop. Just stop.

He's doing maybe 40% of the ruck work and has got double figure Hit Outs in both weeks. Ottens got 20 HO against Brogan today in a 80 point win doing more than 50% of the ruck.

It makes no sense to bash Vickory, just none. Makes no sense at all he's a kid. He's had 12 and 8 possessions the last 2 games, if you want to talk about his around the ground work. What more can a 19 year old ruckman do? If only he was Nick Naitinui...

Poor form Jack.

I went to the footy with 3 demons supporters who all they wanted to do was lay into Richmond. They were in stiches when ever Troy Simmonds was contesting. At one stage Troy got a cheap kick out on the wing to get a handball receive.... What on earth was he doing? Get forward of the ball to give an option for gods sake. Troy Simmonds is slop on a plate, he was done before the year started.

Lets get rid of Vickory and praise Troy.. oh ge what a great bloke for sticking around for an extra year for 6 figures... what a guy... :banghead
Go Tigers!

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »
Simmons tries hard, but his body doesnt let him play.
He at least got himself in good positions today, although the pace of the game kills him

That statement is so wrong. As an ex-ruckman I tend to watch the outcome and positioning of ruckplay more than most.
At boundary throw-ins Simmonds continually gave up front spot to Jamar. Jamar fought for front spot and got it on most occasions.
If you give up front spot in ruck contest you either have 1) the stronger body and are able to push your opponent under the ball or 2) the leap or height advantage to reach over for the tap.
Simmonds has neither advantage over Jamar and consequently lost a LOT of ruck contests. Even when Simmonds does get the tap he invariably hits it to the oppositions side of play.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »
To state the obvious Simmonds was terrible against the DEES. Hislop was pathetic. Both should be delisted. The jury is still out on Farmer, White and Rance. Polo and King are in the gun to be delisted. White can't take a contested overhead mark and struggles to get the ball but his disposal against Melbourne was much better.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
That would be the Polo and King named in the best players for Coburg?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 04:32:21 PM »
Simmons tries hard, but his body doesnt let him play.
He at least got himself in good positions today, although the pace of the game kills him

That statement is so wrong. As an ex-ruckman I tend to watch the outcome and positioning of ruckplay more than most.
At boundary throw-ins Simmonds continually gave up front spot to Jamar. Jamar fought for front spot and got it on most occasions.
If you give up front spot in ruck contest you either have 1) the stronger body and are able to push your opponent under the ball or 2) the leap or height advantage to reach over for the tap.
Simmonds has neither advantage over Jamar and consequently lost a LOT of ruck contests. Even when Simmonds does get the tap he invariably hits it to the oppositions side of play.

My statement isnt wrong as I wasnt refering to actual ruck contests.
I said he got himself in good positions around the ground to take possesion, but the pace of game is killing him.
In regards to his ruck contests, I agree with you
I hope I have clarified my post and there isnt a enquiry into my post ::)