Author Topic: explain to me hardwick undersize backman fetish  (Read 2219 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: explain to me hardwick undersize backman fetish
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 06:34:07 AM »
Astbury pfffft...get real. When was the last time he did anything at senior level?

Fact is we have 3 decent KP backs, 2 of which are not injured. End of story.

All that aside, its our midfield and forwards who need to play smarter based on this season

Yeah, but with Grimes out Astbury is the best option we've got.  Despite his faults he would have given a way better account of himself on that big tattooed turd than Petterd, who is just too small.

Don't know about that. Can Astbury do the job as a third tall? He's played 2 games this year and hasn't laid a tackle in either. Averaging just 5 disposals. Might have spoiled a couple which Petterd wouldn't have got to, but you can't carry a bloke who won't link up and pressure properly.

Yes, but it was just unbelievably frustrating watching that big tattooed lug marking and goaling over and over again, simply because we just didn't have a match-up for him. We can't afford to make the mistake of going in similarly undersized against Hawthorn, or they will monster us. Rance on Buddy -Chaplin on Roughy- and Astbury on Gunston has to be the way to go. I'd be inclined to bring in either Elton or McBean to cover Vickery who looks likely to miss with concussion.

Agree Rance should go on Franklin, Chaplin on Roughy and Astbury on Gunston. It would be a big mistake to play Astbury on Roughy. I would bring in Griffiths if he has recovered from concussion. I suspect they will bring in A. Edwards and play him in defence. McGuane maybe recalled to play in forwardline

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
good to see hardwick admit his mistake in going in a tall short ( :P) and take responsibility for it.

will be interesting to see if they bring in two taller defenders to cover the hawks 4 tall forwards or bring in just 1 and "take the risk" again.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
good to see hardwick admit his mistake in going in a tall short ( :P) and take responsibility for it.

will be interesting to see if they bring in two taller defenders to cover the hawks 4 tall forwards or bring in just 1 and "take the risk" again.

The interesting thing about that imo is:
weather
And do we believe we can beat the hawks by leg speed and expose their lack of pace?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:41 PM »
Saw all the accepted wisdom about Hawthorn's lack of pace a couple of weeks ago.
Clarkson has changed things up a bit to counter the lack of pace of his INSIDE midfielders.
Moved Mitchell to a more backline/rebound role, Rioli more time in the middle, Smith and Hill more leeway to take on opponents with pace.

gerkin greg

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
Yep Hawks being slow is a fallacy

Plus they move it quick by foot

We gonna get cut up nasty