Author Topic: explain to me hardwick undersize backman fetish  (Read 2223 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: explain to me hardwick undersize backman fetish
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 09:47:22 PM »
I agree we need another tall key back, and hopefully Grimes is our man. But today it wasn't Petterds height  that was the problem against White, it was he was lead to the footy.

Rampstar

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »
Because the other options are poo

please dont bring facts into this  :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
Schomarkers 195
Birchill 193
Gibson
Lake

Yeah they got Lake for a reason, Gibson is more of a rebounder than a one on one. Lake fits the monster category perfectly whilst adding rebound and run.

Rance and Chappy alone are not the answer. Griff or Astbury have to take that role.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Schomarkers 195
Birchill 193
Gibson
Lake

Yep Birchill hasn't been playing and Gibson is only 189, one centimeter taller than Batch.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »
Astbury pfffft...get real. When was the last time he did anything at senior level?

Fact is we have 3 decent KP backs, 2 of which are not injured. End of story.

All that aside, its our midfield and forwards who need to play smarter based on this season

Yeah, but with Grimes out Astbury is the best option we've got.  Despite his faults he would have given a way better account of himself on that big tattooed turd than Petterd, who is just too small. 

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:10 AM »
Astbury pfffft...get real. When was the last time he did anything at senior level?

All that aside, its our midfield and forwards who need to play smarter based on this season

Yeah, but with Grimes out Astbury is the best option we've got.  Despite his faults he would have given a way better account of himself on that big tattooed turd than Petterd, who is just too small.

Don't know about that. Can Astbury do the job as a third tall? He's played 2 games this year and hasn't laid a tackle in either. Averaging just 5 disposals. Might have spoiled a couple which Petterd wouldn't have got to, but you can't carry a bloke who won't link up and pressure properly.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »

Don't know about that. Can Astbury do the job as a third tall? He's played 2 games this year and hasn't laid a tackle in either. Averaging just 5 disposals. Might have spoiled a couple which Petterd wouldn't have got to, but you can't carry a bloke who won't link up and pressure properly.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »

Yes, but it was just unbelievably frustrating watching that big tattooed lug marking and goaling over and over again, simply because we just didn't have a match-up for him. We can't afford to make the mistake of going in similarly undersized against Hawthorn, or they will monster us. Rance on Buddy -Chaplin on Roughy- and Astbury on Gunston has to be the way to go. I'd be inclined to bring in either Elton or McBean to cover Vickery who looks likely to miss with concussion.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »
agree, it was frustrating. not sure if flos played on him for a while or just covered, but he too had trouble trying to spoil white.

last week hawthorn had buddy, ruffhead, hale and gunston named up forward.
will we expect houli and newman to take hale and gunston?

youd think stephenson would come in for vickery as elton or mcbean have done fa rucking at vfl level, but they will most probably play derrickx or even mcguane  :-\
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
Bachelor on hale

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »
Bachelor on hale

:lol

I will look at this game the same way we "should" of looked at Sydney. We proably wont win it, why not give the guys like Astbury and McBean a go and see if they can get into to some sort of AFL form. Surly either/both of them would of made us better than Pettard/Edwards given the match ups we knew would be there. Think we would of lost by any more with them in?  I dont.

Buddy/ Hale/ Roughy = Give Astbury a go, nothing to loose.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
The way I see it Petterd and Astbury are both quite rubbish with the disposals a lot of the time. But Petterd at least has a crack in making a contest. From the 2 matches he's been in,  I haven't been impressed with how he goes about helping out the team in releasing pressure when the ball is in the back 50

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »
Petterd doesn't have composure and skill good enough for an afl team looking to make top 4 next year. Dimma must have a crush on him because he's not good enough and he's too small but we drafted him and if it wasn't for injury he probably would have played 15 games. I wish we didn't even draft him

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »
Petterd doesn't have composure and skill good enough for an afl team looking to make top 4 next year. Dimma must have a crush on him because he's not good enough and he's too small but we drafted him and if it wasn't for injury he probably would have played 15 games. I wish we didn't even draft him

Post  ::)

Please explain how 185cm is to small?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »
Cause the coach is playing him on 195