Author Topic: Anyone going to games for the rest of the season, or had enough?  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Anyone going to games for the rest of the season, or had enough?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:54 AM »
Enjoy watching the twos at punt road.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »
I will never go again until we start winning.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »

Theoretically you are supposed to attend both winning/losing to be a good supporter

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »

Theoretically you are supposed to attend both winning/losing to be a good supporter

;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
Yep
Though for me the disconnect happened weeks ago, after the Hawks game

Because we lost to the reining prems?  ::)

:facepalm

Err No

It wasn't just because we lost but because of how we lost

Lose having a dip, is bearable

Lose without offering a yelp is gutting

Throw in that it was also the week we got told "we're a better side than last year" by the Coach and then I sat through a pre-match function and got told the same thing by the GM of footy

So I reckon it's fair to say it had a bit more to do with it than getting smashed by Hawthorn

But we've lost plenty of times without having a real dip, could even say we beat Brisbane without having a real dip.  :lol That "we're a better side" comment still makes me laugh so I can't blame you on that one  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »

See my previous post about the amount of money I have to spend to attend games!!! I have done that for 30 years, theoretically we should be in the top 4, theoretically we should of won more games than we have, theoretically we should not of lost to the Blues last year in the final...theoretically.. :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »
Weak bastards  8)
I'm happy with 3/4 of the list. The other quarter are top up players and old players who will be forced off the list in the next year or so and be replaced by young talent.
Some downhill ski supporters in here

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »

Not if you wear a skirt

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
I think the reason this year is hurting so much is because I felt we were gradually improving and had finally reached a point where we would consistently play finals. Ever since the administration and coaches finally unified and collectively followed the same long term vision I bought in. I could see the gradually improvement year by year in the players, our list and our game plan. I could take the disappointment of the frequent loses in the past because I could see we were building...

...but this year we have gone backwards  :help. This is a watershed year for us. We will either change and adapt and rise again next year or fall away and return to ground zero once again.

At the moment though, I can't stomach the frustration and disappointment this year has created for me. Until I can understand why we have imploded this year I'll find it hard to motivate myself to attend games and set myself up for an emotional rodging  :nopity

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »
I'll go and watch us lose, in fact, I prefer to watch games that I think we will lose. You don't have such high hopes and it is less stressful. However, I won't go again until I can watch some effort or some kids having a run.
Hopefully this week we see a turn around.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 05:54:46 AM »

See my previous post about the amount of money I have to spend to attend games!!! I have done that for 30 years, theoretically we should be in the top 4, theoretically we should of won more games than we have, theoretically we should not of lost to the Blues last year in the final...theoretically.. :whistle

Just joshing ja jmate

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 06:55:12 AM »
I think the reason this year is hurting so much is because I felt we were gradually improving and had finally reached a point where we would consistently play finals. Ever since the administration and coaches finally unified and collectively followed the same long term vision I bought in. I could see the gradually improvement year by year in the players, our list and our game plan. I could take the disappointment of the frequent loses in the past because I could see we were building...

...but this year we have gone backwards  :help. This is a watershed year for us. We will either change and adapt and rise again next year or fall away and return to ground zero once again.

At the moment though, I can't stomach the frustration and disappointment this year has created for me. Until I can understand why we have imploded this year I'll find it hard to motivate myself to attend games and set myself up for an emotional rodging  :nopity

Good post.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 08:42:28 AM »

I personally think that any supporter who has stuck fat over the last 32, mostly miserable years, shouldn't have to justify their loyalty to anyone. We have more than paid our dues with years of membership, contributions to first the Jack Dyer foundation and now the FTF, and screaming ourselves hoarse on a weekly basis to lift the boys. If many of us are feeling disillusioned now, and feel like giving up in despair, it's only because the latest in a long, long line of rebuilds appears to have run aground AGAIN. 

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »

Good post.

:cheers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2014, 08:58:42 AM »

Bingo. A sense of expectation has led to bitter disappointment.