Author Topic: Jarrod Silvester [merged]  (Read 12769 times)

Ox

Re: Silvester the Cat to debut
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »

Till then I'm afraid my indifference is a burden I must bare.....

then keep it to urself,lovey.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »

And I think you all missed the part when Jade said JON was named. You've got to be kidding me. We all know he can't play so why play him??????????  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

WE all know...... oh for heaven's sake, if you're going to make a sweeping generalisation then at least make it plausible.

Oh to live in such a black and white world. ::)
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »
Not our worst out there. Doing a reasonable job on Kosi considering how much the Saints are dominating.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »
I didn't think he did too bad tonight.

Since Kosi kicked five it will probably be judged that Kosi outplayed him, but with the way we got pumped in the midfield its no wonder as he got some great delivery.

Definitely worth more game time, big unit, reasonable pace and disposal looked good.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2009, 11:47:54 PM »
I didn't think he did too bad tonight.

Since Kosi kicked five it will probably be judged that Kosi outplayed him, but with the way we got pumped in the midfield its no wonder as he got some great delivery.

Definitely worth more game time, big unit, reasonable pace and disposal looked good.

Totally agree Chuck, all things considered I thought it was a fine debut.
I look forward to seeing him play next week.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2009, 11:51:29 PM »

And I think you all missed the part when Jade said JON was named. You've got to be kidding me. We all know he can't play so why play him??????????  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

WE all know...... oh for heaven's sake, if you're going to make a sweeping generalisation then at least make it plausible.

Oh to live in such a black and white world. ::)

So do you think he can play? ...... well you may just get a job on match committee then.
The club that keeps giving.

Ox

« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2009, 01:45:12 AM »
played as good as bowden. :wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Silvester lining for Tigers in draw (RFC)
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »
Silvester lining for Tigers in draw
richmondfc.com.au
By Murray Belkin Mon 20 July, 2009

YOUNG Richmond defender Jarrod Silvester says he thought he would get the free kick that consigned Sunday’s game against North Melbourne to a draw.

With 20 seconds remaining and scores level, Silvester found himself one-out with David Hale deep in the North Melbourne forward-line.

The young Tiger defender was able to hold the front position in the contest and won the free-kick after the umpire ruled that Hale had grabbed his jumper.

Hale claimed after the match that he thought he had the mark fair and square. But Silvester backed the umpire.

“I thought I had it,” Silvester said after the match.

“But I didn’t know what the umpire was going to pay.”

Silvester was shattered that the Tigers gave up a 42-point half-time lead to snatch a draw against North Melbourne at the MCG.

“It is very disappointing – seven goals up at half-time the boys couldn’t go on with it,” he said.

Playing in just his third game this season, the young defender was brilliant against Hale, restricting the tall forward to just five marks and two goals – one of which was kicked when Silvester was sitting on the bench.

Despite standing 9cm shorter than his North Melbourne opponent, Silvester was always confident he could do the job after finding out he had the daunting task of opposing Hale late in the week.

“I found out on Thursday – I just tried to play him tight get body on him,” he said.

“I thought if I could stick tight to him I would be able to go with him.”

Silvester said the side was disappointed with their third-quarter performance, as North Melbourne made their way back into the match with a five goal to one term.

“I think we couldn’t win the ball in the middle of the ground - they were getting goal-side of us too easily and getting out the back of us,” he said.

“They got a few easy ones.”

But despite the draw, Silvester is adamant the Tigers supporters can be optimistic about the future of the football club.

“The first-half was some of the best footy we’ve played in the last five weeks,” he said.

“When we’re on and running and tackling hard, we’re a good side and we can match it with everyone – it’s just a matter of putting it all together for four quarters.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/80977/default.aspx