Author Topic: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"  (Read 100167 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"
« Reply #690 on: June 02, 2010, 09:01:03 PM »
At least Brisbane members turn up to games unlike North's. Gold Coast isn't Brisbane either and has a population of over 500k and growing with plenty of ex-pat Vics up there.

All the membership tallies of the clubs seem to have levelled off pretty much so a great effort by Tiger supporters once again  :clapping. Hopefully everyone can see the potential in our cubs and hop on board for the ride in 2011 and beyond.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #691 on: June 02, 2010, 11:57:19 PM »
good sign to see us get over the 40,000 membership number i think.
seeing how no much hype was built around this season giving we've had to bite the bullet and trade youngsters.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #692 on: June 03, 2010, 08:47:53 AM »
At least Brisbane members turn up to games unlike North's. Gold Coast isn't Brisbane either and has a population of over 500k and growing with plenty of ex-pat Vics up there.

Chuck in another 100k in Tweed Heads too MT.  A very large % of these are expats too.  The important indicator is not the expats however, it's in the increase in numbers playing junior football in Queensland.  Here is some info:

The AFL has released the participation figures for the 2009 season with Queensland breaking the 100,000 mark for the first time.

With the total number or participants reaching 103,358, the 5% growth was spread evenly throughout the state with several regional and metropolitan areas showing a total increase of over 20% for the year. The total participation has seen steady growth from the 27,675 Queenslanders taking part in some form of the game in 2000.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/86447/default.aspx

There has been a steady increase in figures for the past couple of decades but recently the figure has 'exploded' and significantly, the code's main competition up here - Rugby League - has shown a decline in numbers playing.  It's common to see AFL playing grounds in schools up here now (Auskick is now conducted in almost every junior school in Sth East Qld at some point during the school year) and junior teams have sprung up all over Queensland compared to when I was actively involved in coaching 20 years ago.  Rugby League's new team (4 years old) - Gold Coast Titans - have proven the capacity of the Gold Coast to support a national football code attendance-wise and the time is absolutely right for the AFL to take the next step in pushing it's development into the region.  The way they have gone about setting up the new team is light years ahead of how they bungled the original Brisbane Bears venture.  We can't measure the success of the new team purely in terms of on-field success - it will be measured over time by regional participation figures, both playing and attending.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #693 on: June 08, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »
As of 08/06/2010

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #694 on: June 08, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »

Chuck in another 100k in Tweed Heads too MT.  A very large % of these are expats too.  The important indicator is not the expats however, it's in the increase in numbers playing junior football in Queensland.  Here is some info:

The AFL has released the participation figures for the 2009 season with Queensland breaking the 100,000 mark for the first time.

With the total number or participants reaching 103,358, the 5% growth was spread evenly throughout the state with several regional and metropolitan areas showing a total increase of over 20% for the year. The total participation has seen steady growth from the 27,675 Queenslanders taking part in some form of the game in 2000.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/86447/default.aspx

There has been a steady increase in figures for the past couple of decades but recently the figure has 'exploded' and significantly, the code's main competition up here - Rugby League - has shown a decline in numbers playing.  It's common to see AFL playing grounds in schools up here now (Auskick is now conducted in almost every junior school in Sth East Qld at some point during the school year) and junior teams have sprung up all over Queensland compared to when I was actively involved in coaching 20 years ago.  Rugby League's new team (4 years old) - Gold Coast Titans - have proven the capacity of the Gold Coast to support a national football code attendance-wise and the time is absolutely right for the AFL to take the next step in pushing it's development into the region.  The way they have gone about setting up the new team is light years ahead of how they bungled the original Brisbane Bears venture.  We can't measure the success of the new team purely in terms of on-field success - it will be measured over time by regional participation figures, both playing and attending.

Sensational news. I wonder how many people will attend the Titans games compared to the AFL games? Great to hear that the participation rates has risen so dramatically.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »
As of 16/06/2010

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #696 on: June 16, 2010, 08:13:32 PM »

Holy Smokes Smoke, they are great numbers.
What makes up the 103k?
Is it all participation ie Auskick, School teams and registered players in competition?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
As of 21/06/2010

Holy Smokes Smoke, they are great numbers.
What makes up the 103k?
Is it all participation ie Auskick, School teams and registered players in competition?
I would believe so Y&B. So much for Soccer taking over. Both sports are growing strongly.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond targets 42,000 - win a special RFC guernsey (RFC)
« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
Richmond targets 42,000
richmondfc.com.au
Wed 23 June, 2010

With the imminent signing of Richmond’s 42,000th member for season 2010, one very lucky member will have the opportunity to remember the milestone for the rest of their life.

In light of the marvelous achievement, the Club has commissioned the production of a single 2010 RFC guernsey with the number 42,000 on it.

The 42,000th member, who is expected to sign up in the next few days, will be invited to Punt Road to meet coach Damien Hardwick, CEO Brendon Gale, players Brett Deledio and Jack Riewoldt, and will be presented with the collectors item guernsey fully-signed by the Richmond team.

With five home games remaining this season, the Club’s three-game membership package (priced at $79) still represents excellent value.

“Damien Hardwick has the team playing an exciting brand of football and there is a lot for Tiger supporters to look forward to for the rest of this season and beyond.  So, for those who haven’t yet taken out a 2010 membership, I would highly recommend getting on board with a three-game package,” said Richmond’s CEO Brendon Gale.

“Not only will you be able to access three out of the five home games we have left this season, you might just be the lucky 42,000th member, who will receive this unique gift, to commemorate the occasion.

“While the 42,000th member will be the fortunate one in this regard, we would like to acknowledge the magnificent support of all members in 2010, the majority of whom committed to the club prior to the start of the season”.

“Despite the team having won only three games for the season, our supporters clearly see a very bright future for the Tigers and they have rallied to the cause, giving us a great chance of achieving our 2010 strategic plan membership target of 42,000.”

All members should note that the AFL has a June 30 deadline for members to sign each season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/96816/default.aspx

Ramps

« Reply #699 on: June 23, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »
this is all good and stuff, but why is it that these big milestones always seem to give one of the last to join up a great prize?

How about the club give a jumper for 20 years of consecutive membership to long termers and people who have actually put some decent coin into the place?

« Reply #700 on: June 23, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
this is all good and stuff, but why is it that these big milestones always seem to give one of the last to join up a great prize?

How about the club give a jumper for 20 years of consecutive membership to long termers and people who have actually put some decent coin into the place?

Buy another membership and try your luck.

:lol

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #701 on: June 23, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »

yep gives me the s h i t s as well  :banghead
bloody johnny come latelys gettng all theglory   
if didnt get my membership then they would only be member #41999 :banghead

reward all equally
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

TigerTimeII

« Reply #702 on: June 23, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »

reward all equally

im with u and ramps, thats bs i put in big dollars yr in yr out, maybe not as mch as some but im sure much more than others, where is my reward!!!!!

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #703 on: June 23, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »

reward all equally

im with u and ramps, thats bs i put in big dollars yr in yr out, maybe not as mch as some but im sure much more than others, where is my reward!!!!!

lets hope someone with some clout and commonsense from the club is reading this 
these sort of rewards should be for the faithfull and not some bandwagon tail rider
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #704 on: June 23, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
If it boosts membership and the Club's coffers then so be it. Every dollar counts to make us better. What's best for the Club comes first. Hopefully we've got a few more on board thanks to the cubs' form over the past month.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd