Author Topic: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"  (Read 98034 times)

Ramps

Re: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"
« Reply #720 on: July 16, 2010, 02:53:29 PM »
the AFL hasnt counted the 3 game memberships

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #721 on: July 16, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

No I reckon the AFL haven't included (or we haven't depending on what we submitted) the Non-Ticket memberships
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2010, 04:21:25 PM »
I was excited that we had the third highest membership after the Hawks and Woods but now...  :'( back to earth with a thud.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
Wow Brisbane really struggling.

The introduction of GC17 will take some members from the southern suburbs and Logan. Sponsors will have two clubs to choose from as well. Both of these will be exacerbated if GC17 start like a house on fire. They have managed to do a great job of p*ssing off their Fitzroy support by changing the logo, losing interstate members. Their list could go one way or the other.

I think there would be a few very worried people at the Lions.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »

No I reckon the AFL haven't included (or we haven't depending on what we submitted) the Non-Ticket memberships

sounds right...we know it's 42000 anyway.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #725 on: July 16, 2010, 04:51:09 PM »
Wow Brisbane really struggling.

The introduction of GC17 will take some members from the southern suburbs and Logan. Sponsors will have two clubs to choose from as well. Both of these will be exacerbated if GC17 start like a house on fire. They have managed to do a great job of p*ssing off their Fitzroy support by changing the logo, losing interstate members. Their list could go one way or the other.

I think there would be a few very worried people at the Lions.

Yes but North would have to be and even bigger concern especially after demanding that they could survive in Melbourne. After one good year, where they received thousands of sympathy memberships from opposition supporters, they are now right back where they started - the anchor of the competition. Should be forced to move to New Zealand, Darwin or Cairns  :o because they will continue to need substantial handouts until they find new supporters from a new market somewhere.

Sydney and Brisbane are in foriegn markets where buying memberships is a strange concept but I agree Jake, I think they will take a hit in membership next year and in the short terms for all the reasons you mentioned.

With Port, Sydney, Brisbane and North continuing to struggle along behind the rest of the competition, teams like Melbourne and the Dogs are shining lights with the increase they have seen. Hope it continues next year.

Stripes

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #726 on: July 16, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »

Yes but North would have to be and even bigger concern especially after demanding that they could survive in Melbourne. After one good year, where they received thousands of sympathy memberships from opposition supporters, they are now right back where they started - the anchor of the competition. Should be forced to move to New Zealand, Darwin or Cairns  :o because they will continue to need substantial handouts until they find new supporters from a new market somewhere.

I agree. There has been a lot of chatter about getting more cities in regional areas of Australia and over the next 50 years you would think that somewhere like Cairns, Central Coast, Darwin, NZ, Newcastle, Canberra etc would have its own team, but you can't have a team like North battling year in year out.

Plus it was North who have four times shot themselves in the foot

i) They put up an unreasonable request to list something like 55 players if they merged with Fitzroy AND wanted to be called the Fitzroy-North Melbourne Kangaroos
ii) Turned their back on Canberra
iii) Turned their back on Sydney
iv) Turned their back on GC

Fug'em.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #727 on: July 17, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »

sounds right...we know it's 42000 anyway.
Yep they haven't counted our non-match day memberships which is kid of strange now given our non-ticketed membership is the same price as our 3-game membership. What's the bloody difference when everyone has equal voting rights  ???. Next year ifpossible we should just add a freebie game onto the non-ticketed membership or just merge the non-ticketed and 3-gamer into one category so they are all counted. 

The interesting thing from those figures is we are only down a thousand in ticketed members. A decent result give we went from "lock and loaded in 2009" to losing our first 9 games in 2010 when membership sales are mostly on offer. It's been non-ticketed memberships that have seen the greatest fall. Possibly Eagle fans dropping off after buying a token membership last year to support us for picking up Cuz off the trashheap.

Our junior and concession membership figures aren't too bad. The gap to make up for us is clearly in adult memberships. Even Melbourne for crying out loud has more adult members  :P. Hopefully once the Tiger train is back up and running our latent supporter base who grew up during the successful 70s will jump on board the bandwagon and buy memberships to kick us up towards Benny Gale's target of 75k members all up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #728 on: July 17, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »
Members stick with the Tigers in 2010
richmondfc.com.au
4:08 PM Fri 16 July, 2010

Richmond's slow start to the 2010 season has not deterred its loyal legion of fans from joining the Club as members.

Richmond reached its 2010 membership target of 42,000 by the AFL’s June 30 membership deadline.

At that time Tigers had a total of 42,007 members - 35,960 match day members and 6,047 non match day members.

The AFL only includes matchday access members in its final tally.

“We achieved an important 2010 strategic milestone in signing up our 42,000th member,” said Richmond’s CEO Brendon Gale.

“This is a significant achievement, which is a reflection of the loyalty and commitment of our members.

“On behalf of the Club, I would like to acknowledge the magnificent support of all those who have committed to the Tiger cause, as members, in 2010.

“Members are the lifeblood of Tigerland, and we are delighted that so many have put their trust in the direction we are taking as a Club.

“We are confident we have the right people, in the right places at the Club, to ensure that, in time, we adequately repay our members’ faith.

“While we are under no illusions about the challenges ahead of us, this is an exciting journey that we’re on.  Ultimately, however, we can only achieve sustained success with the strong backing of our members.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/97327/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
One third of Collingwood's membership made up of 3-game only members (H-S)
« Reply #729 on: August 25, 2010, 02:49:44 AM »
Documents seen by the Herald Sun reveal 18,419 of the Magpies' much-hyped army have access to only a handful of games. The three- to five-game memberships, a long way short of the traditional 11-game commitment, make up almost a third of Collingwood's 57,408 paid-up fans.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwoods-secret-weapon-to-sign-100000-members/story-e6frf9jf-1225909615748

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: One third of Collingwood's membership made up of 3-game only members (H-S)
« Reply #730 on: August 25, 2010, 07:24:26 AM »
Documents seen by the Herald Sun reveal 18,419 of the Magpies' much-hyped army have access to only a handful of games. The three- to five-game memberships, a long way short of the traditional 11-game commitment, make up almost a third of Collingwood's 57,408 paid-up fans.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwoods-secret-weapon-to-sign-100000-members/story-e6frf9jf-1225909615748

Puts our figures into much more perspective doesn't it!  Always thought we were up there with the other clubs for support and just needed to start showing on-field success to have that reflect in memberships.  If they want to do a 'real' comparison then the AFL should set a benchmark that all clubs report by - pretty simple and would show who has the true support.

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #731 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »
would say a fair percentage of that number would be interstate members - pies draw good crowds in all states (even though they dont often play in them)
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #732 on: September 15, 2010, 03:55:33 PM »
Memberships for 2010 have now closed, and the Club is thrilled to report that in 2010, 42,311 loyal and passionate Richmond supporters were members of the Club  :thumbsup.

This is a great result and we have ensured that our strategic plan goal of 42,000 members for 2010 has been met successfully.

Memberships for 2011 will be going on sale soon.  In the meantime, you can update your account details by emailing membership@richmondfc.com.au

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/membership/tabid/7629/default.aspx

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #733 on: September 15, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
I've just added another little tiger cub to the family.

He'll be a 2011 member as soon as they're available.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #734 on: September 15, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
I've just added another little tiger cub to the family.

He'll be a 2011 member as soon as they're available.

Congratulations Wayne. :clapping

My Tiger Cub is due in November so they will be signed up as soon as they are born. :pray :thumbsup :gotigers