Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1083610 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1140 on: November 03, 2012, 01:38:17 AM »
Dustin Martin is destined to become a legend of this club, and you guys are shipping him off to GWS based on a HS article!  :lol

Forgotten the sleeping pill incident have we? Equal 10th in the B&F last year..

Snap out of it, he's got to pull it together.

Forgetting his other 2 good years? Pull it together

Yeah I am actually because the previous 2 years matter stuff all.
His performances dropped away last year and he was in hot water at the club with his mate DCon.
You're only as good as what you deliver and Martin's graph is headed in the wrong direction most recently.

Very humorous thread. Anyone remember his 1st qtr against Carlton and his last qtr effort sprinting 90m to smother and spill the ball about of bounds seconds before McLean won the game for them.

Yeah that was great and stood out like dogsballs because most of the time he's jogging behind his opponent with hands on hips.
Most of the time he plays lazy.

You can defend him all you want but the club can't afford slackers who take their eye of the ball no matter who they are.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1141 on: November 03, 2012, 01:49:13 AM »
Relax people he will be fine

Some players have different attitudes

I'm mates with sewells good mate and he said buddy at one point needed hodge or someone equiv to go out with him most nights

Martin will be fine

I mean if we give 8 yrs to spuds like Edwards Jackson and Gus then I'm sure we can give a bit more to dusty
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1142 on: November 03, 2012, 02:07:00 AM »
He is 21 he is shagging hot birds and having fun , he needs a good girl that  makes him say  damm time to knuckle down i have kids a family and a career to worry about then the true Dusty will be unleashed , he needs a cause at the moment he is a compass without a needle at 21 i can't blame him ....
As long as he stays with us  till he matures mentally i will be happy
 2 more years of BS i think  though before he finds his feet

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1143 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »
Dustin Martin is destined to become a legend of this club, and you guys are shipping him off to GWS based on a HS article!  :lol

No, I haven't forgotten. I just tend not to get hysterical over vague, out of season hun articles.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1144 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »
You're only as good as what you deliver and Martin's graph is headed in the wrong direction most recently.

Did you see his last few games, he was chasing backsides more than he was chasing kicks. Once he achieves the right balance between the two he should become the complete player we've all been waiting to see.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1145 on: November 03, 2012, 10:36:37 AM »
Worryingly this is the 2nd time in 3 years that he has had issues and behavioral problems over the pre-season.  When you add that to his suspension during the year it does give cause for some concern.  I'm comfortable that the club are handling this the right way but I don't know if they will be very lenient much more.  I don't want to lose him but even more than that I don't want him to become a destabilising influence like Connors did - I would rather flick him if that became the case.

the claw

« Reply #1146 on: November 03, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »

Forgetting his other 2 good years? Pull it together

Yeah I am actually because the previous 2 years matter stuff all.
His performances dropped away last year and he was in hot water at the club with his mate DCon.

Very humorous thread. Anyone remember his 1st qtr against Carlton and his last qtr effort sprinting 90m to smother and spill the ball about of bounds seconds before McLean won the game for them.

Yeah that was great and stood out like dogsballs because most of the time he's jogging behind his opponent with hands on hips.
Most of the time he plays lazy.

You can defend him all you want but the club can't afford slackers who take their eye of the ball no matter who they are.
i gotta disagree imo his season was almost a mirror of the yr before.  he sure didnt go backwards but i reckon peoples expectations soared.

we all know his weakness and the key to getting better is his aerobic capacity. until he builds a big enough tank he will plateu where he is.  sometimes it takes players 4 or 5 seasons to build the tank.
if he cant build the tank he will play primarily as a forward with rotations thru the middle.

gary ablett took how long his first 5 yrs was spent primarily as a forward with rotations.
look at dangerfield this yr its taken him 5 yrs to go from primarily a forward to a  permanent mid. martin is actually tracking better than both.
i dont understand the lack of patience  this is more about expectations than anything martin has done wrong.

Gigantor

« Reply #1147 on: November 03, 2012, 11:07:01 AM »
or maybe Dermie was right ..hes a waddler....(gee i hope not)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1148 on: November 03, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »
Settle down ladies and get off the soap boxes

Ruanaidh

« Reply #1149 on: November 03, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »
Apparently 'Choco' is on the case, I'm feeling more confident about the outcome now.

See post #8:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/get-to-work-choco.979836/

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1150 on: November 03, 2012, 01:57:31 PM »

Did you see his last few games, he was chasing backsides more than he was chasing kicks. Once he achieves the right balance between the two he should become the complete player we've all been waiting to see.

Hes been chasing backsides in the off season-ones covered with minis  :scream
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Ox

« Reply #1151 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:10 PM »
Since when do the stuffwits on BigFooty know Chocco personally and the "roles" he's to undertake?

LMAO @ Circle Jerking.

The post with such authoritative knowledge.

Ox

« Reply #1152 on: November 03, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »
BF Quote

"Anyhow, met him about a month ago, got talking to him, told him how I'm a diehard tigers man and welcome aboard.

Before the conversation ended, I said to him, "mate, please take care of Dusty". He replied with, "Yep, already been told that he's a project of mine".
"

"I said to him, "mate, please take care of Dusty".

yeh....and he thought, "stuff off shitman"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1153 on: November 03, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #1154 on: November 03, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
or maybe Dermie was right ..hes a waddler....(gee i hope not)

One of the ever increasing occassions where an "expert" doesnt do their homework before shooting their mouth off. I recall when he saiud that, he was under the impression that Dusty wasnt very quick and felt in a few years hed be too heavy and would turn into a waddler, obviously didnt know that he's surprisingly very very quick off the mark, 2.9secs for 20 metres at draft camp from memory.

His tank will come eventually, people are built differently, some are power athletes, some explosive, will take him longer to build up an afl tank (as long as he's committed i have no problems with how hes tracking)