Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087326 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3270 on: October 01, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
Al Paton ‏@al_superfooty twitter:

Leon Cameron tells SEN he doesn't regret not chasing Dustin Martin harder. "You could see he had yellow and black in his eyes"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3271 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
Dusty's speech is probably the longest I've ever heard him talk. Was very interesting. I can't help like the lad, had a different upbringing to most on here. Finishing school at 14 or 15 and not even doing a trade is very different. The fact that he defended his manager publicly is really impressive and to take responsibility for tackling to GWS, whilst strange, takes balls, especially after the circus that happened. Would have been very very easy to just brush it off and say the deal is done lets move on. I rate that.

I think its obvious he's the type of person that doesn't respond well to authority although he respects it. His thanks to Chocco and his family seemed really genuine as did all of his thanks.

I actually believe he wanted to be closer to his Dad but money was also a factor as it is for all players. The chat with Essendon really annoys me and for that I think I blame Carr. Carr stuffed up the negotiations and was costing Dusty money and lost out on the idea of moving to NSW so he entertained an option that could have satisfied Dustys wallet. Hats off to Dusty for choosing his 'home' over the drug addicts.
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3272 on: October 01, 2013, 09:16:42 PM »

Leon Cameron tells SEN he doesn't regret not chasing Dustin Martin harder. "You could see he had yellow and black in his eyes"
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3273 on: October 01, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »
our players will be stronger next year after hearing the Tiger Army at full roar  ;D

Hope so cos they completely shat themselves from it in the elim final

We lost the final because we were hit with injuries which cut our run down & interchange. Newman, Jackson, Conca, King, Rewoldt, Griggs, Maric, & whoever l forgot. We were simply beaten by the fitter side & nothing more. Anyone would suffer crowd anxiety in front of 95000  ;D

Maric outran Henderson to kick a rippa in the last quarter. Didn't look injured to me.
Griggs was as soft as a melted ice cream all game and we made the poor decision of giving Newman a game out of sentiment when we should have erred on caution. Other than Conca getting injured limiting our rotations we really have no excuses.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3274 on: October 01, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »

Leon Cameron is a star. He didn't have to say what he said about Dusty having black and yellow eyes. Just a real champ IMO. New it was the best thing for the kid to stay at Tigerland.
Wish him the best of luck in his coaching.  :clapping

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3275 on: October 01, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
spot on couldnt agree more BT and Don.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3276 on: October 01, 2013, 10:32:49 PM »

Leon Cameron is a star. He didn't have to say what he said about Dusty having black and yellow eyes. Just a real champ IMO. New it was the best thing for the kid to stay at Tigerland.

I'm with u tone, I was a blubbering mess on hearing that  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #3277 on: October 02, 2013, 03:49:03 AM »

So no real reaction then BJ?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3278 on: October 02, 2013, 07:28:38 AM »

So no real reaction then BJ?

Nothing abnormal anyway.   ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3279 on: October 02, 2013, 10:16:25 AM »
The B&F on the 30th Sept will be interesting if he shows up  ;D

Should not let him near the place

Disagree a great test of character

Do you face those you've let down like a man

Or do you do the cowardly thing and stay away

Stay away. That night is not about Dustbin Matin it's for players who are committed to the club. Couldn't give a poo if he is a man or a coward. He can prove his manliness somewhere else and not use the RFC any more.

Going to be a great thing for the club. No more lose cannon and we're going to use whatever compensation we get very well.

Someone has an apology to make, RROFO

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3280 on: October 02, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Geez coach is sifting through his little black book today!  :lol Who's next on your list Coacherella?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #3281 on: October 02, 2013, 10:24:10 AM »
Geez coach is sifting through his little black book today!  :lol Who's next on your list Coacherella?

Not sure if I go all out or not brother. People should know their role and shut their mouths.

Regards,
The Rock

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3282 on: October 02, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
With all the negative comments that came out about dusty, its like shooting fish in a toilet.  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3283 on: October 02, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »

Stay away. That night is not about Greg White it's for players who are committed to the club. Couldn't give a poo if he is a man or a coward. He can prove his manliness somewhere else and not use the RFC any more.

Going to be a great thing for the club. No more ordinary player with dodgy hammys and we're going to use whatever compensation we get very well.

I think he made a fair call.  :cheers ;D

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #3284 on: October 03, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »

Stay away. That night is not about Dustbin Matin it's for players who are committed to the club. Couldn't give a poo if he is a man or a coward. He can prove his manliness somewhere else and not use the RFC any more.

Going to be a great thing for the club. No more lose cannon and we're going to use whatever compensation we get very well.

lol. It's what I felt at the time and I think emotions were quit raw then. Let myself get caught up in the media rubbish and had a case of rampant hyperbole. Found myself bouncing from one position to another and shortly after that post decided to sit back and wait before I judged

Still very cautious about him, not comfortable with the whole mess. Words seem to contradict actions and though he made a very nice speech and has given his side, there are things that happened that simply don't add up.

What you read in the media is never correct so I suppose about 30% of what was written was probably accurate.

Martin has committed to the Tigers and I have to believe what's coming out of his mouth. I'll cut him some slack. Don't have to like the whole sad situation though and I don't subscribe to the poor little idiot boy who's been used by those around him theory either.

If he had left or hadn't signed by the B&F then I'd stand by my statement. As it was he'd signed that day. Not apologizing for my post though. At the time he was far from showing any loyalty or commitment.