Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 874742 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4530 on: June 24, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4532 on: July 06, 2018, 10:54:54 PM »
Not sure what was wrong with Dusty tonight. He must be carrying some injury as he was just off with his handling and disposal (especially in the first half). It improved more towards the end of the game and it says something that an ordinary game for him still equates to 30 possies and 2 goals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #4533 on: July 07, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »
Dusty was an absolute standout last year, but I think this year the team is collectively a lot better and he isn't as required to split games open. He's still getting awesome stats but his games are getting obscured by the performances of at least 4 or 5 others. Agree last night there was something off but he was still finding the ball. It was almost like he was trying to hard to get to his previous heights and it was costing him rather than just playing a natural game.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4534 on: July 07, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »
Agree he was very fumbly in the first half but what I did like last night was the pressure he applied off the ball which is something he’s been a little down on this year. He was ferocious at the opponent even though he may have shanked a possession (which he did a few times especially early).
When he gets last years mojo back, which I think is coming, then look out.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4535 on: July 08, 2018, 05:36:15 AM »
Agree he was very fumbly in the first half but what I did like last night was the pressure he applied off the ball which is something he’s been a little down on this year. He was ferocious at the opponent even though he may have shanked a possession (which he did a few times especially early).
When he gets last years mojo back, which I think is coming, then look out.  :shh
Have to agree here. No defensive pressure all year. In the second half to work himself into the game he was running and tackling hard. Hadn't seen that all year.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4536 on: July 08, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »
I reckon he is playing injured and we are getting him through to the finals where hopefully he can put together a decisive finals series and clinch back to back flags.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4537 on: July 09, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »
Although Richmond superstar Dustin Martin, quite understandably, has not emulated the astonishing season he produced in 2017 so far this year, his statistical numbers would, undoubtedly, still be the envy of most players in the competition.

Martin is averaging 24.6 disposals, 5.5 inside-50s, 5.4 clearances, 3.7 marks and 1.4 goals (19 in total) per game.

He’s ranked No. 1 in the competition for centre clearances, No. 1 for score involvements and No. 2 for inside-50s.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-07-08/other-tigers-rise-to-ease-dustys-load

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #4538 on: July 09, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »
Martin is averaging 24.6 disposals, 5.5 inside-50s, 5.4 clearances, 3.7 marks and 1.4 goals (19 in total) per game.

He’s ranked No. 1 in the competition for centre clearances, No. 1 for score involvements and No. 2 for inside-50s.

Solid

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4539 on: July 09, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »
I reckon he is playing injured and we are getting him through to the finals where hopefully he can put together a decisive finals series and clinch back to back flags.

I agree with that, I think he has niggles or persisting issues, which remind me of a year Jack was slightly down and ended up having surgery post season?

I wasn't expecting him to repeat last years form, however he definitely looks restricted in his movement
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4540 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
Looks like he's been carrying a groin or something, all year.

Explosive take off and pace isn't there. Getting caught a lot more.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4541 on: July 10, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
Looks like he's been carrying a groin or something, all year.

Explosive take off and pace isn't there. Getting caught a lot more.
I agree. Have a suspicion that he injured his groin during the off season.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4542 on: July 10, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »
Heard it happened in the Adelaide game and it’s an abductor injury.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #4543 on: July 10, 2018, 12:28:41 PM »
Although Richmond superstar Dustin Martin, quite understandably, has not emulated the astonishing season he produced in 2017 so far this year, his statistical numbers would, undoubtedly, still be the envy of most players in the competition.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-07-08/other-tigers-rise-to-ease-dustys-load
All this while it looks as if he has an injury.

Just goes to show what a load of BS all the dream team possession accumulators do with the ball.
Interesting RFC has no players in those high stat rankings?!? ergo it doesn't mean as much?

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4544 on: July 10, 2018, 09:07:55 PM »
i noticed his kicks land a few metres short and as already mentioned he doesn't break away from the tackle as prolifically probably because his groin/adductor/hip is stopping him from exploding away.

still an absolute jet and as the port game highlighted, we still need him starting in the middle