Author Topic: Dustin Martin - 300 games [merged]  (Read 934560 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin - 300 games [merged]
« Reply #6930 on: June 15, 2024, 07:48:50 PM »
$1.3m for that - retire please

He's clearly injured himself tonight

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6931 on: June 15, 2024, 07:59:56 PM »
Dusty should retire after tonight..
FFS the team couldn't even lift for him and all his done.
Even players like Baker, been totally poo.
Trade him while he has value
Are you suggesting that Dusty should retire because all the other players didn’t lift for him? Sounds like their problem not Dusty’s.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #6932 on: June 15, 2024, 09:21:09 PM »
What a champion.

Where would we be without him.

We are so lucky to have such a talented player in our team.

Thanks Dusty, you made an amazing impact in my life giving me and my family many enjoyable memories.

I have no doubt in my mind we probably wouldn't have won the premierships we did without your genius.

Thanks again Champ.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6933 on: June 15, 2024, 09:32:54 PM »
Dusty should retire after tonight..
FFS the team couldn't even lift for him and all his done.
Even players like Baker, been totally poo.
Trade him while he has value
Are you suggesting that Dusty should retire because all the other players didn’t lift for him? Sounds like their problem not Dusty’s.
Dusty has absolutely nothing to prove anymore...  Nothing!!! All the others do, and today apart from Taranto and Lynch they all failed

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6934 on: June 15, 2024, 10:30:53 PM »
Let’s put the result to one side. A truly great day headlined by the 90 odd thousand Tiger fans who showed up. 70k stayed afterwards to acknowledge a true champion of the game and an all time great of our club.
That is all that matters.
The goal in that first qtr was an all time highlight.  :bow
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6935 on: June 15, 2024, 10:35:26 PM »
Let’s put the result to one side. A truly great day headlined by the 90 odd thousand Tiger fans who showed up. 70k stayed afterwards to acknowledge a true champion of the game and an all time great of our club.

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6936 on: June 15, 2024, 11:02:25 PM »

was there to the end and it was magnificent, but like the hafey tribute this was just as putrid. 3 players actually tried today, the rest didnt gaf

Yze was completely owned today
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6937 on: June 15, 2024, 11:13:25 PM »
I’m not sure how you can judge yze. He hasn’t even had a remotely healthy list. Look at the energy the young hawks have and how exciting it is for them. I think that can be us in 2 years under yze

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6938 on: June 15, 2024, 11:28:32 PM »
Also get the feel dusty is seriously considering retirement over the bye, if not almost definitely end of season and either way that was his send off today.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6939 on: June 15, 2024, 11:31:45 PM »
I’m not sure how you can judge yze. He hasn’t even had a remotely healthy list. Look at the energy the young hawks have and how exciting it is for them. I think that can be us in 2 years under yze

il judge him how i want to as you are free to

Im also not asking for his sacking but ffs show some anger at how bad that performance was. Are we really that young? no we arent.

He needs to call out the rubbish performances instead of talking poo about playing better for the fans.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6940 on: June 15, 2024, 11:55:17 PM »
I’ll cut yze some slack, won’t judge him on year 1, but moreso on year 2 and 3, but think we can start to stop using injuries as an excuse. Looking at this week, how many nailed on best 22 players were missing - Gibcus, Hopper & Prestia by my count, could make a case for a few others, Ross, MRJ, etc.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6941 on: June 15, 2024, 11:56:20 PM »

was there to the end and it was magnificent, but like the hafey tribute this was just as putrid. 3 players actually tried today, the rest didnt gaf

Yze was completely owned today

Tom Hafey tribute absolutely sprang to mind today. I think we overuse the word 'embarrassing' to describe footy performances but i think they are fitting for 2 games in memory one was the Hafey game and the other was today. Huge fan fare, result is really secondary, today was our GF for the year and it just was an embarrassing non event and let down many for the performance not the result.

Was summed up perfectly tho, the turn out, the lead up, the speech afterwoods to absolute silence was iconic. How lucky we have been to have this icon play for us, and lovely to witness the jealousy nationwide that he plays for us and not anyone else. The first goal was amazing too.
Go Tigers!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6942 on: June 15, 2024, 11:58:48 PM »

Im also not asking for his sacking but ffs show some anger at how bad that performance was. Are we really that young? no we arent.

He needs to call out the rubbish performances instead of talking poo about playing better for the fans.

Why so defensive ? Of course you’re free to judge however you like, all I said was I don’t understand how you can judge him when he’s had the most injury riddled season I can ever remember

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6943 on: June 15, 2024, 11:59:27 PM »

Amazing being there. I’ll choose to remember the goal and him coming around and thanking the fans afterward. I’ll try to forget everything in between.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6944 on: June 16, 2024, 12:02:11 AM »

Why so defensive ? Of course you’re free to judge however you like, all I said was I don’t understand how you can judge him when he’s had the most injury riddled season I can ever remember

I won’t judge him on year 1, moreso on what he does years 2 & 3, but I think we can stop using the injury excuse now. Looking at the lineup today, I’d day there was only 3 nailed on starters missing from our best22 - hopper, Prestia and Gibcus. You could make an argument for a few others, the likes of Ross, MRJ, etc.