Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1067818 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #7125 on: August 06, 2024, 09:55:09 AM »
A tear in my eye

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7126 on: August 06, 2024, 09:58:44 AM »
I'm in a meeting at work with about 15 people.

Trying not to cry.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7127 on: August 06, 2024, 10:09:45 AM »
I have a jumper with lots of signatures including Tommy Hafey, Richo, Cotch, Jack, Shane Edwards, Rance and Dusty who was the last active player. Time flies

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7128 on: August 06, 2024, 10:13:54 AM »
Perfect way to end. We got our farewell at his 300th.

You could tell he was done about 2/3 months ago.

no words can describe what he has did for our club.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7129 on: August 06, 2024, 10:27:59 AM »
Im guessing there will be no presser?

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7130 on: August 06, 2024, 10:32:40 AM »
The 300th was basically the farewell game. Forever a champion that deserves a statue. Generational talent so great that every power mid/fwd has been compared to be “dusty like” when they’re strong in the contest. Holy moly we were fortunate this guy put on the yellow and black for us

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7131 on: August 06, 2024, 10:36:21 AM »
Im guessing there will be no presser?

Lunch time apparently

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7132 on: August 06, 2024, 10:38:10 AM »
Don't know if he will ever realise just what he did for mostly us as supporters, made dreams come true
So So So lucky to have lived this era especially with family and friends, the ABSOLUTE best of  times I will cherish forever

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7133 on: August 06, 2024, 10:48:25 AM »
I'm in a meeting at work with about 15 people.

Trying not to cry.
Same, just left the room. My favourite footballer ever.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7134 on: August 06, 2024, 10:52:07 AM »
There will never be another like him. Imagine if he was drafted in this day and age with all the hype and social media.. probably wouldn’t have turned out the same. What a legend. Deserves a statue as much as anyone if not more for completely owning the G in the biggest games

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7135 on: August 06, 2024, 10:53:20 AM »
Champion.  Selfless.
More deeds than words ... thanks for the memories ...     :clapping

Now, don't screw it up by signing with GC!     :P
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7136 on: August 06, 2024, 01:59:25 PM »
Congratulations of a wonderful career, history will show he is one of the best to ever pull on a Richmond jumper.
And to all those media who said he was leaving Richmond you were delusional or deceitful .

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7137 on: August 06, 2024, 02:08:24 PM »
Few things to note from the press conference. Someone finally noted that whilst gale was talking up our future, that this time next year gale will be working against us.. so it’s hard to listen to gale say we’re on the right path etc when he isn’t invested.

Also when asked whether dusty would be an attractive option to bring to Tassie in whatever capacity gale said they will cross that bridge when the time comes. Strange answer…
And finally he took a long time to answer the question of when he found out that dusty would retire when finally admitting it was over the course of the weekend.

Why not just be honest and say you’ve known for a coupla weeks or months or whatever it is.
Why not be honest and say you will try and get dusty to help at Tassie in a role, instead of this spin.
Why not be honest and say you’re not invested in the future of the club anymore instead of reeling off these hopes and dreams for our future.

I would love some honesty from the club in this down period instead of just useless spin.

Say we are in for some pain while we hit the draft but we still will aim to be competitive.
Say we are gonna lose a lot of experience this off season and there could be
Another  season or 3 of development

It’s a strange time at tiger land

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7138 on: August 06, 2024, 02:18:45 PM »
Few things to note from the press conference. Someone finally noted that whilst gale was talking up our future, that this time next year gale will be working against us.. so it’s hard to listen to gale say we’re on the right path etc when he isn’t invested.

Also when asked whether dusty would be an attractive option to bring to Tassie in whatever capacity gale said they will cross that bridge when the time comes. Strange answer…
And finally he took a long time to answer the question of when he found out that dusty would retire when finally admitting it was over the course of the weekend.

Why not just be honest and say you’ve known for a coupla weeks or months or whatever it is.
Why not be honest and say you will try and get dusty to help at Tassie in a role, instead of this spin.
Why not be honest and say you’re not invested in the future of the club anymore instead of reeling off these hopes and dreams for our future.

I would love some honesty from the club in this down period instead of just useless spin.

Say we are in for some pain while we hit the draft but we still will aim to be competitive.
Say we are gonna lose a lot of experience this off season and there could be
Another  season or 3 of development

It’s a strange time at tiger land

Gale still works for RFC I suppose.

I doubt Dusty will go to Taz. They're AFL mad down there. The only silly options for him were NSW/QLD where the media might give him a break.

As for the retirement thing...well I suppose he's sticking to the party line, isn't he? Can't exactly say 'we knew months ago that he was cooked, checked out, getting paid $1.4mil/year' while the club is struggling. That's an internal decision really.

You'll never get that sort of honesty in a presser IMO. Club shouldn't be airing their dirty laundry to the media maggots.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7139 on: August 06, 2024, 02:59:04 PM »
Retiring immediately as he did was BS.. everyone is now sugar coating this.. not buying it.. his whole year has been a pathetic circus full of lies.. yes he was a champion, but this was a truly pathetic and weak exit