Author Topic: Rhan Hooper [merged]  (Read 10894 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Rhan Hooper
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »
I seem to recall Hooper playing more off the backline than a forward. :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »

Doesn't mean anything, thats right TB and I dont read everything I read in the Paper, but isn't great to see the RFC have the brains to at least look at a player that could benifit us. More experience around goal......... love it..... :clapping

What makes you think we haven't looked at many options in the past and aren't looking at them now?  Just because they don't train with us doesn't mean we aren't looking at them.  And just because we look at them doesn't mean we will get the end decision right.  Don't muddy the waters between looking at mature options and taking them WAT - many of us on here agree with you that we should look at them, but some of us also believe that unless something 'special' presents we will be better of (this season) going with kids.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »

Doesn't mean anything, thats right TB and I dont read everything I read in the Paper, but isn't great to see the RFC have the brains to at least look at a player that could benifit us. More experience around goal......... love it..... :clapping

What makes you think we haven't looked at many options in the past and aren't looking at them now?  Just because they don't train with us doesn't mean we aren't looking at them.  And just because we look at them doesn't mean we will get the end decision right.  Don't muddy the waters between looking at mature options and taking them WAT - many of us on here agree with you that we should look at them, but some of us also believe that unless something 'special' presents we will be better of (this season) going with kids.

Good, good post smokey in some regards!! Don't think I am muddying the waters as he will still cost us a pick and history does show that many players training with clubs do actually get picked up by that club, but like I said good post.. 8)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:28:16 AM »

Good, good post smokey in some regards!! Don't think I am muddying the waters as he will still cost us a pick and history does show that many players training with clubs do actually get picked up by that club, but like I said good post.. 8)

Talking specifically about Hooper now, the only knock on him is his attitude to his career.  He had numerous chances at Brisbane - Voss especially, went out of his way in his own time to work with him on that and judging by his recall for the finals this season it highlights how much 'potential' he saw in him.  But.............the question..............and it's a huge one, is "what attitude will he bring to the club?".  The pros - he is quick, he is skillful, he is potent around goals, he is young.  All attributes we are crying out for in a footballer.  If the club's tests and investigations come up with him being a risk worth taking then we will have a winner.  If not, we will have the usual suspects on here drowning out most other sensible discussion with their incessant whining on Hooper, Jackson and the club in general.  From what I know about Hooper, being a local up here he was too prone to wanting the good life with his mates and family so maybe a move 1500km away might be the making of him, but maybe he is just that type of person and nothing will change him - and God knows AFL history is littered with these types.  AS WP said, I would much rather see MacDonald in our jumper - he is still young enough and ticks ALL the boxes - and he will be a serious upgrade on MacMahon in 12 months time but if the club does it's homework and decides on Hooper then so be it.  You don't want to die wondering.  And if we took them both then I still have no problem - again, as long as the club has done it's homework.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »

Talking specifically about Hooper now, the only knock on him is his attitude to his career.  He had numerous chances at Brisbane - Voss especially, went out of his way in his own time to work with him on that and judging by his recall for the finals this season it highlights how much 'potential' he saw in him.  But.............the question..............and it's a huge one, is "what attitude will he bring to the club?".  The pros - he is quick, he is skillful, he is potent around goals, he is young.  All attributes we are crying out for in a footballer.  If the club's tests and investigations come up with him being a risk worth taking then we will have a winner.  If not, we will have the usual suspects on here drowning out most other sensible discussion with their incessant whining on Hooper, Jackson and the club in general.  From what I know about Hooper, being a local up here he was too prone to wanting the good life with his mates and family so maybe a move 1500km away might be the making of him, but maybe he is just that type of person and nothing will change him - and God knows AFL history is littered with these types.  AS WP said, I would much rather see MacDonald in our jumper - he is still young enough and ticks ALL the boxes - and he will be a serious upgrade on MacMahon in 12 months time but if the club does it's homework and decides on Hooper then so be it.  You don't want to die wondering.  And if we took them both then I still have no problem - again, as long as the club has done it's homework.

No arguments here Smokey, this has been my tghinking all along with most uncontracted players, with the exception of a few that are too old and with the injury prone players. I will totally back what the club does, I wonder how many more will though??

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Rhan Hooper [merged]
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »
How is this bloke still getting a run - and I aint talking about Hopper   :banghead

Geez RFC, need to have a complete change of culture and getting a homesick inconsistent poster just is not an answer to the long term future of the site.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 03:19:27 AM »
How is this bloke still getting a run - and I aint talking about Hopper   :banghead

Geez RFC, need to have a complete change of culture and getting a homesick inconsistent poster just is not an answer to the long term future of the site.

WTF???? Few too many reds then........ :wallywink

"Rucks:

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:53 PM »

Suggestions as ill-conceived and uninformed as yours continue to be should be mocked at every opportunity.  :sleep

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 03:46:40 AM »

Suggestions as ill-conceived and uninformed as yours continue to be should be mocked at every opportunity.  :sleep

You are the expert pal, your posts are very predictable and boring, read my post again, if you can comprehend them. I am saying that uncontracted players that are not too old or injured, such as a Hooper or Smith or Thorp or who the hell ever in that category should be welcome at the club to train at the club leading into the draft...IMO. The RFC obviously thinks the same or Hooper would not be there.

In you infinate wisdom could you please explain what is wrong with that, as a number of posters feel the same, so have the guts to have a go at all of us!!!! Now go back to sleep...... or your bottle  :sleep :sleep

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rhan Hooper to Richmond in the PSD? (Age)
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 05:04:53 AM »
Stick to the topic people instead of the personal rubbish  ::).

Anyway from today's Age....

Enigmatic former Brisbane player Rhan Hooper has been given permission to train with Richmond - which could look at him at pick two in the pre-season draft

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/st-kilda-loses-ball-to-draft/2009/11/09/1257615001590.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 01:26:16 AM »
Well I have to say it, I am really warming to the idea of Hooper joining us, IF, IF, IF his attitude is right and the age he is this guy could really turn into the dangerous small/med forward we have all craved for years like Didak, Betts, Milne and all those other little pains in the butt that kick bags against us all the time.

Yes we have Nahas but Hooper is more of a goal kicker IMO, Nahas is more versatile but Hooper has a lot to offer on field IMO.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 03:47:14 AM »
Well I have to say it, I am really warming to the idea of Hooper joining us, IF, IF, IF his attitude is right and the age he is this guy could really turn into the dangerous small/med forward we have all craved for years like Didak, Betts, Milne and all those other little pains in the butt that kick bags against us all the time.

Yes we have Nahas but Hooper is more of a goal kicker IMO, Nahas is more versatile but Hooper has a lot to offer on field IMO.
Leppitsch would at least have some inside deeper knowledge on Hooper's attitude and commitment to footy to pass onto Hardwick and Cameron.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:16 AM »

Leppitsch would at least have some inside deeper knowledge on Hooper's attitude and commitment to footy to pass onto Hardwick and Cameron.

Yes MT, just by a stroke of luck going our way for a change, we are much better placed for inside knowledge on 2 of the recycleds most suited to us - Thorp and Hooper - by virtue of our new coaches.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »

Yes MT, just by a stroke of luck going our way for a change, we are much better placed for inside knowledge on 2 of the recycleds most suited to us - Thorp and Hooper - by virtue of our new coaches.

Richmond reportedly met with Thorp, yet he is training with Melbourne. Can anything be read into that? The response from Hardwick and co may not have been too encouraging to Thorp.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
No harm in the kid training with us but I think he comes with too much baggage  ;D

Would be very happy if they invited MacDonald to training instead  :thumbsup

Why did they dump McDonald. He played every (or nearly every) game for them this year?