Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 506257 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1980 on: August 09, 2014, 06:52:38 AM »
Played a very good game, really imposed himself, if we lose him now it would be completely irresponsible of the RFC.

Griff will be a major part of the team next year IMO!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1981 on: August 09, 2014, 07:12:06 AM »
Played a very good game, really imposed himself, if we lose him now it would be completely irresponsible of the RFC.

Agree, played well and looks better than Ty in this role.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1982 on: August 09, 2014, 07:12:19 AM »
Maybe just maybe this was a watershed game for him, time to become an integral part of the side and stamp his authority in ganes. Has every attribute a player could hope to have other than really believing in his own ability. Promising signs and hopefully a long term player for us, may also put the pressure on Vickery to lift himself too.

He had a couple of games close to this at the start of the season but everybody seened to forget when he had a couple of bad ones (along with most of the team). I said any improvement this season would come from the 3 and 4 year bigs like Ashbury and Griff. I hope we keep him as I think he will make it and will be important part of our team. As far as effort goes I think he is one of those players that just looks like he is taking it easy at times but is not, there have been plenty of good players over the years like that. I saw (most of the year) him chasing and putting pressure or spoiling when he cant mark but others were not seing this. Good game Ben , stay with the Tigers
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1983 on: August 09, 2014, 07:49:05 AM »
Maybe just maybe this was a watershed game for him, time to become an integral part of the side and stamp his authority in ganes. Has every attribute a player could hope to have other than really believing in his own ability. Promising signs and hopefully a long term player for us, may also put the pressure on Vickery to lift himself too.

He had a couple of games close to this at the start of the season but everybody seened to forget when he had a couple of bad ones (along with most of the team). I said any improvement this season would come from the 3 and 4 year bigs like Ashbury and Griff. I hope we keep him as I think he will make it and will be important part of our team. As far as effort goes I think he is one of those players that just looks like he is taking it easy at times but is not, there have been plenty of good players over the years like that. I saw (most of the year) him chasing and putting pressure or spoiling when he cant mark but others were not seing this. Good game Ben , stay with the Tigers
I could see it too.  There are a couple of posters on this forum that lambast him on every occasion. All I have said is give the guy the same opportunities as they have Vickery and he will be a very good player for us.
Can influence a game with his marking and kicking and is very good on the ground for a 200cm guy. Must be persevered with.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1984 on: August 09, 2014, 09:02:02 AM »

Agree. Played a good game. Needs to continue working hard. Is a very good kick.

tony_montana

« Reply #1985 on: August 09, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »

I could see it too.  There are a couple of posters on this forum that lambast him on every occasion. All I have said is give the guy the same opportunities as they have Vickery and he will be a very good player for us.
Can influence a game with his marking and kicking and is very good on the ground for a 200cm guy. Must be persevered with.

A couple of pickups at full pace were most impressive for a guy his size.

You guys are right about the whacking he cops from some tiger fans

tony_montana

« Reply #1986 on: August 09, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »
Has a better offer from a rival club apparently. Surely we could match it if Newman stops being selfish and retires.

The rival club aint stupid. This guy is a natural CHF imo. You need a CHF to offer a chop out deep on the wings a kick down from play and he's the only guy on our list who does this. Vickery (who I don't think is much of a fwd anyhow) is incidentally better closer to goal so hes not a CHF and I don't think you can play all 3 talls in the same team.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1987 on: August 09, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Griff was great last night took some big grabs from the kick up the line and brought the ball to ground for our mids to get the ball.

Let's not undersell his clean pick up of the half volley in the last just kept the ball for us in close . Great to watch. Still think he can be better than Vickery.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1988 on: August 09, 2014, 10:56:58 AM »
Has a better offer from a rival club apparently. Surely we could match it if Newman stops being selfish and retires.

Not a FA is he ?

Would have to seek a trade

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1989 on: August 09, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »
l thought he played a great role last night & can see improvement with every game he plays. l think he realises now what is needed to become a AFL player & not just a back up player & being afraid of making mistakes. This lad is starting to get confidence & is mixing his ability with his capabilities  ;D

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1990 on: August 09, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Fractured his proximal phalanx in his hand.
Will probably need surgery (k wire).
Played on despite injuring it during the game.
Definitely not soft.

tony_montana

« Reply #1991 on: August 09, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »
Definitely not soft.

Can he play out the season with it or is he done?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1992 on: August 09, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
Definitely not soft.

Ahh, I thought it was just dislocated. :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #1993 on: August 09, 2014, 12:26:05 PM »
Definitely not soft.

Poor bloke. Hopefully it's just a crack and doesn't need surgery, can't they just splint the fingers? That's all they did with my pinky when I broke mine (broke laterally so is still crooked to this day, but was middle phalanx). What's the recovery time with a k-wire? Those sorts of things irk me. When I broke my 5th metacarpal a few years ago they said I may need a k-wire. After youtubing some videos on the process I said no way. Luckily after I met the surgeon he said it was a clean break and needed a plate and screws. Recovery time was less because once they were in and out it was just healing time where as the wire would have needed healing time both when the wire was in and after it was out.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1994 on: August 09, 2014, 12:34:03 PM »
Definitely not soft.

Can he play out the season with it or is he done?
If he avoids surgery he can play out the season. Can often get away with a finger splint. If a k wire is needed to align the bones, he will miss 2 to three and then splint.