Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 501698 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2700 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:06 PM »
I think we need to play him on the wing, if the RFC had the balls to do the right thing and drop McIntosh for being an under performing mediocre slug a spot would be open and BBBG would be our wing swing man
Can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Not sure which post is funnier here - Chucky's or Dougey's.

:lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2701 on: December 17, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »
Claw hacked him  :lol

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2702 on: December 18, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
I think we need to play him on the wing, if the RFC had the balls to do the right thing and drop McIntosh for being an under performing mediocre slug a spot would be open and BBBG would be our wing swing man
Can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Not sure which post is funnier here - Chucky's or Dougey's.

:lol
I just read through the K Mac thread before. Touche.... :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2703 on: December 18, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »
 ;D   :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2704 on: February 19, 2016, 10:23:31 PM »
Video of the Sandilands incident:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=830037070458819

Watching that replay, Sandilands has to cop a suspension. He turned and looked at Griffs and then decided to bump with the shoulder which hit Griffs in the head. Given Griffs didn't play the rest of the game then contact was forceful enough to warrant a suspension for Sandilands.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2705 on: February 19, 2016, 11:57:52 PM »
Never like to see someone get hurt. However, I thought Ben was particularly unimpressive in the time he was out there.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2706 on: February 20, 2016, 12:52:31 AM »
pee this spud off and unleash The Bean!
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2707 on: February 20, 2016, 07:57:04 AM »

Watching that replay, Sandilands has to cop a suspension. He turned and looked at Griffs and then decided to bump with the shoulder which hit Griffs in the head. Given Griffs didn't play the rest of the game then contact was forceful enough to warrant a suspension for Sandilands.

x2, I called this last night. If he doesn't go it will be a farce.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2708 on: February 20, 2016, 01:28:51 PM »
Never like to see someone get hurt. However, I thought Ben was particularly unimpressive in the time he was out there.

x2. Keeps recieving opportunities. Im not sure why
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2709 on: February 20, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Was poor pre-injury. Worrying player.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2710 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
I thought he was poor too.
However he was rucking against Sandilands and he is too short and now too lean to do that.

IMHO he needs to do less running and put on more muscle and impose himself up forward. I think the match committee has erred in his role in the team. Because of this he has gone backwards.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:42:20 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2711 on: February 20, 2016, 05:46:30 PM »

x2, I called this last night. If he doesn't go it will be a farce.

Must get weeks for that as it was deliberate, high and resulted in Ben getting concussion. 2 - 3 weekd for mine.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #2712 on: February 22, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
Should (and will are two different things) get a few weeks for that. 
It looks to me like he knew Dawson was going 3rd man up and his only intention was to bump Griffiths out of the contest, got him high as he turned his head at the last moment but made sure he made enough contact.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #2713 on: February 22, 2016, 02:12:19 PM »
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-22/fremantles-aaron-sandilands-set-to-miss-one-match-after-bump-on-ben-griffiths

FREMANTLE ruckman Aaron Sandilands could miss the Dockers' round one clash against the Western Bulldogs after being found guilty of rough conduct by the Match Review Panel on Monday.

Despite the offence occurring in the first round of the NAB Challenge against Richmond, Sandilands must serve the penalty in the regular season after his bump was classified careless conduct with medium impact to the head.

The ruckman made high contact to key forward Ben Griffiths' head during a ruck duel in the third quarter of the clash in Mandurah last Friday night.

He moved to his left to block Griffiths' run, with the Tigers using a third-man up in the contest.

The original penalty was two matches, but Sandilands has no applicable record, giving him a one-match discount.

In the first case examined by the Match Review Panel this season, a medical report from the Tigers was used in settling the final penalty.

There were no other incidents assessed from the first round of NAB Challenge matches

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2714 on: February 23, 2016, 03:32:58 PM »
Griffs to also undergo a concussion test. Needs to tick the necessary boxes before being in the selection mix for Saturday’s NAB Challenge match against Hawthorn at Beaconsfield.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-23/key-forwards-to-face-tests-as-astbury-misses

Btw, Sandilands has accepted the one-week suspension for his high bump on Griffs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-23/fremantles-aaron-sandilands-set-to-miss-one-match-after-bump-on-ben-griffiths